Cheshireincalls

Chat Room Query

16 posts in this topic

Can anybody help?

next to the chat room tab a small number in a red box appears(currently says 4) however when i click this box im not allowed access.

Any ideas???

The number in the read box tells you how many people are in the chat room.. You are not allowed in the chat room till you become a full member which happens after 20 posts.

A friend who has put in more than twenty posts tells me she can't access the Chat Room on her iPad.

I think it was 20 posts about 5 years ago when I joined, the number of required posts has now gone up I read somewhere. I think if you are just making silly pointless comments on loads of posts to get your number of posts up they will probably be waiting for something more substantial before your boosted...could be wrong though.x

1 person likes this

A friend who has put in more than twenty posts tells me she can't access the Chat Room on her iPad.

I think that is an Apple/Java issue.

There is a separate thead in Techie that discusses it. Basically you will struggle, as in not succeed, to get access to chat from Apple and some other mobile devices iirc.

Not very helpful I know, but it may stop your friend banging her head against a brick wall :eek:

1 person likes this

Well, I've been banging my head against my wall for the past 20 minutes trying to work out how to get access to the chat room....

Read the FAQ

..or Pia's post in this thread.

I can't seem to access from my mobile anymore.Has chat via mobile been switched off?

I can't seem to access from my mobile anymore.Has chat via mobile been switched off?

appley thing or something else?

Samsung galaxy s4 androidy mobiley thing.

isnt there another url for chat for non java devices?

Chat (including the mobile version) is working 100% again. My subscription had expired and I didn't get a renewal notice. Anyway, all sorted now.

..or Pia's post in this thread.

Read the FAQ

Got the answer to the question I never posted. Lurked a lot on this forum before becoming a member ;)