Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rubens

Dennis Macshane Suspended For A Year

37 posts in this topic

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke !

Yes indeed. So falsifying information was endemic to his character it would seem! It's just a shame that it was the BNP who initially shopped him.

Yes indeed. So falsifying information was endemic to his character it would seem! It's just a shame that it was the BNP who initially shopped him.

I dont believe his stupidity. How did he think he would get away with this? After all the rows about MP's expenses.

but worse was some knob on the radio trying to justify it because the BNP shopped him, and MacShane was a fighter against racism.

OK, i dont like racism, but to use that as an excuse for theft is beyond the pale.

Edited by Coventrypunter

I dont believe his stupidity. How did he think he would get away with this? After all the rows about MP's expenses.

but worse was some knob on the radio trying to justify it because the BNP shopped him, and MacShane was a fighter against racism.

OK, i dont like racism, but to use that as an excuse for theft is beyond the pale.

Yes, I heard that 'knob' too and found it quite unbelievable.

How did he think he would get away with this? ............... Hubris!

anyione know who it was?

Well, McShane was just as much of a knob in his resignation statement. He said that the expenses were claimed in connection with my parliamentary work in Europe and in combating anti-semitism.

He really needs to wash his mouth out.

Just why do people 'bite the hand that feeds'?

My employer pays me expenses, and I need to produce receipts. I could fiddle my private mileage figures to claim my more miles at 40p per mile that I've done and make more money, but why risk the sack for gross misconduct? Why risk a criminal conviction? Why risk having to declare to insurance companies you've been decietful and dishonest? Why risk your future employment prospects? Why risk your friends shunning you?

Is it greed, or is it just plain stupidity and is it worth the risk?

My employer pays me expenses, and I need to produce receipts. I could fiddle my private mileage figures to claim my more miles at 40p per mile that I've done and make more money, but why risk the sack for gross misconduct? Why risk a criminal conviction? Why risk having to declare to insurance companies you've been decietful and dishonest? Why risk your future employment prospects? Why risk your friends shunning you?

I am afraid some of our politicians have a sense of entitlement. Useless c*nts the lot of them.

There was an interesting article I read the other week somewhere - I think by Libby Purves. Her point was, irrespective of questions of dishonesty, irrespective of whether they do a decent day's work, the system of expenses is a thoroughly bad system because it effectively deresponsibilizes the MPs. To avoid the embarrassment of voting themselves pay rises, they invented this system whereby their pay was held back, but they didn't have to live on it because there were all these opportunities to get extra by claiming for things. So they didn't have to live within their means, which is what normal people do. This meant they adopted a teenage mentality whereby Mummy and Daddy pay for all the serious stuff like food and clothes and education and so on, and then they get their pocket money that they can spend on CDs and soft drugs.

It's not that the MPs are overpaid. It's not that they're underpaid. But we need to decide what they're going to be paid, and then that's it, they live on that.

Edited by Mr. Bloom

I find it interesting that the morals of two of those who wished to criminalise prostitution, Denis MacShane and Jacqui Smith, don't stand up to scrutiny in that both of them as far as I recall have made disallowed expense claims

I find it interesting that the morals of two of those who wished to criminalise prostitution, Denis MacShane and Jacqui Smith, don't stand up to scrutiny in that both of them as far as I recall have made disallowed expense claims

Yes i find it interesting to, but its the same old same old though, "do as i say, not as i do". The real morals of a scumbag having the brass neck to lecture the rest of us on our morals. What a rank hypocrite.

There was an interesting article I read the other week somewhere - I think by Libby Purves. Her point was, irrespective of questions of dishonesty, irrespective of whether they do a decent day's work, the system of expenses is a thoroughly bad system because it effectively deresponsibilizes the MPs. To avoid the embarrassment of voting themselves pay rises, they invented this system whereby their pay was held back, but they didn't have to live on it because there were all these opportunities to get extra by claiming for things. So they didn't have to live within their means, which is what normal people do. This meant they adopted a teenage mentality whereby Mummy and Daddy pay for all the serious stuff like food and clothes and education and so on, and then they get their pocket money that they can spend on CDs and soft drugs.

It's not that the MPs are overpaid. It's not that they're underpaid. But we need to decide what they're going to be paid, and then that's it, they live on that.

why they cant use a standard expenses system as used my thousands of companies and approved by HMRC is beyond me.

Dennis McShane was one of those moralistic, patronising and bandwagon jumping MPs. The worst kind. A now a fraudster. Prosecute him

Two down and one to go. Hecate Harman will be the last, though former head girls from St Paul's Girls School tend to have enough hubris to survive mere matters of conscience.

Two down and one to go. Hecate Harman will be the last, though former head girls from St Paul's Girls School tend to have enough hubris to survive mere matters of conscience. And the recession brought on by their government's profligacy has driven even more young women into the world's oldest profession. Mind you, some really nice ones have done so and, as a service consumer, I am not complaining. :cool:

Two down and one to go. Hecate Harman will be the last, though former head girls from St Paul's Girls School tend to have enough hubris to survive mere matters of conscience.

Two down and many more to go. Don't delude yourself my friend, when Labour eventually gets into power we (punters and WGs alike) will be in serious trouble.

Especially if paying for sex by that time would have been made a criminal offence in Scotland and Ireland.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke !

Excuse me if I say "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Serves him bloody well right, the lying, thieving shite!"

but worse was some knob on the radio trying to justify it...anyione know who it was?

I heard it too and my reaction was the same as yours! It was Mark Stephens, a self-styled human rights lawyer. I've seen him on TV with his other hat on, as a lawyer dealing with media celebrities etc. Always reminds me of Russel Grant...

Good riddance, Macshane - one lying, pompous, incompetent tosser! Hurray hurray hurray! :)

Excuse me if I say "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! Serves him bloody well right, the lying, thieving shite!"

I heard it too and my reaction was the same as yours! It was Mark Stephens, a self-styled human rights lawyer. I've seen him on TV with his other hat on, as a lawyer dealing with media celebrities etc. Always reminds me of Russel Grant...

Good riddance, Macshane - one lying, pompous, incompetent tosser! Hurray hurray hurray! :)

This one? Oh dear, he has his email address on it.

http://www.fsilaw.co...k-stephens-cbe/

and who the f*ck gave him a CBE?

Edited by Coventrypunter

Two down and many more to go. Don't delude yourself my friend, when Labour eventually gets into power we (punters and WGs alike) will be in serious trouble.

Especially if paying for sex by that time would have been made a criminal offence in Scotland and Ireland.

They were in power for 13 years the SP population expanded exponentially during their reign. Prostitution may be the world's oldest profession but that is only because politicians were late getting started. Your grandsons will have a far wider choice of SPs than you do, my friend. ^_^

They were in power for 13 years the SP population expanded exponentially during their reign. Prostitution may be the world's oldest profession but that is only because politicians were late getting started. Your grandsons will have a far wider choice of SPs than you do, my friend. ^_^

Good onya Tiggy, always the optimist! Now that is something to say to the wee bairn the next time you take him on your knee: "Yes, I know, the economy's up the spout, there are no jobs, Europe's on its last legs, BUT....you will have far more hookers around than your grandfather ever did."

Not following you. No one wants hubris, and enough is already too much. HH is just too boring for the gods to be interested in her. Now, Denis Mac Shane - he did have hubris. Went on TV, denouncing the moral fibre of the western world, and now look at him.

A glimmer of justice in an unjust world. But so far little more than a slap on the wrist unless a further campaign can put him where he belongs.

http://order-order.com/2012/11/02/privileged-macshane-evidence-now-available-to-the-police-new-police-complaint-made/

Otherwise I fear we have not heard the last from this pillar of decency and righteousness. I suspect he may attempt to redeem himself by a well-publicised period of devotion to good works. The selfless rescue and redemption of fallen women springs to mind as one likely path.

1 person likes this

Indeed, and HH was so utterly dense she actually informed punters of the existence of this site which resulted in some joining, what a prize plonker the woman is. ;) A still dangerous plonker though if her bunch were to get back into power, her crusade would no doubt restart with its original aim, the criminalisation of all punters. :eek:

A glimmer of justice in an unjust world. But so far little more than a slap on the wrist unless a further campaign can put him where he belongs.

http://order-order.c...complaint-made/

Otherwise I fear we have not heard the last from this pillar of decency and righteousness. I suspect he may attempt to redeem himself by a well-publicised period of devotion to good works. The selfless rescue and redemption of fallen women springs to mind as one likely path.

Perhaps he could do a 'Gladstone' to atone for his sins.

Indeed, and HH was so utterly dense she actually informed punters of the existence of this site which resulted in some joining, what a prize plonker the woman is. ;) A still dangerous plonker though if her bunch were to get back into power, her crusade would no doubt restart with its original aim, the criminalisation of all punters. :eek:

The trouble they'd now have is that any situation where there's a sex slave etc. is already illegal thanks to the 2009 laws. The only situation where punters are not currently arrestable is where the woman is there of her own free will. The only effect of the law will be to criminalise consensual sex. Every time she talks about trafficked women or sexual slavery or children being pushed into it etc.etc. the opposition just has to say "The client can already be arrested in that situation". HH et al. end up having to admit that it's a purely moral crusade, which is a difficult stand-point to come from.