Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bongo

Nigerian Trafficker Jailed

5 posts in this topic

My first thought when aware of this case via a tweet was that coercive sex-work had been taking place in the UK, but it turned out not to be so. I can only guess that it's really hard to control and coerce sex-work in the UK, perhaps due to organisations like redline, generally good policing ( not always ), and the good nature of the majority of punters who would report a concern if they had one. So Italy and Spain are regarded as better territories for this sort of criminal to make back his money.

Nigeria still has a long way to go on universal education and tackling genuine poverty but that's a different subject.

Well done to the police and UKBA, just a pity that they didn't get the rest of them.

Edited by bongo

My first thought when aware of this case via a tweet was that coercive sex-work had been taking place in the UK, but it turned out not to be so. I can only guess that it's really hard to control and coerce sex-work in the UK, perhaps due to organisations like redline, generally good policing ( not always ), and the good nature of the majority of punters who would report a concern if they had one. So Italy and Spain are regarded as better territories for this sort of criminal to make back his money.

Nigeria still has a long way to go on universal education and tackling genuine poverty but that's a different subject.

Well done to the police and UKBA, just a pity that they didn't get the rest of them.

I saw a few headlines...I haven't read the link you have provided.

Therefore to the aforesaid in bold can you kindly tell us what the case is all about?

Cheers!

Edited by Superego

Well, another news source opened with 'A Northfleet sex trafficker who used African witchcraft rituals to silence young girls smuggled into Britain to be sold on as prostitutes has been jailed for 20 years'. That initially made me think - girls trafficked from Africa into the UK area forced to work as prostitutes in the London/Kent area but it turned out that they were told to go to Italy or Spain to do sex-work.

Btw superego, do you work in an environment where you can read punternet.com but can't read onlinenigeria.com? If so, the technician who set up that filter must be bonkers.

Well, another news source opened with 'A Northfleet sex trafficker who used African witchcraft rituals to silence young girls smuggled into Britain to be sold on as prostitutes has been jailed for 20 years'. That initially made me think - girls trafficked from Africa into the UK area forced to work as prostitutes in the London/Kent area but it turned out that they were told to go to Italy or Spain to do sex-work.

Btw superego, do you work in an environment where you can read punternet.com but can't read onlinenigeria.com? If so, the technician who set up that filter must be bonkers.

Cheers...

However, things are not always as they seem, and sometimes assuming to much from an egocentric perspective can create its own problems like the above:

Briefly - in response to your rhetorical question:

1. The reason why I did not read the story before when I had a chance to do so because the story did not interest me. Therefore I did not decide to open

the link you kindly sent today. Just for the record the technician who set up the filter is not bonkers even though it has no has relevance

to the question I raised :wacko: .

2. Closely linked to the above - being not interested in the finer details of the story. Nor did I have the time (or patience) to read it in its entirety

3. And perhaps more importantly, for others who may not have time to read the story also. What you have said here may give them some further insight - even if it was not your

explicit assumption to do so.

Hope this clarifies...

Perhaps in some situation it is best to not to respond to posts :unsure:

Edited by Superego

I'd like to use the traffickers and those behind them for target practice.