Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr Faustus

Parlour Or Sauna

19 posts in this topic

Is there any difference between the two?

Is there any difference between the two?

Not, where I live. They're both euphemisms for a brothel.

A few do have an actual sauna such as Victoria House. Just means you can go in there before or after punt. Places still calling themselves saunas presumably do/did have a sauna room and want to keep the apparent legitimacy in their signage.

Fewer and fewer genuinely have a sauna in my experience. Both are, as Silverado says, brothels where ladies will entertain you in a wide variety of ways, some of which may involve sexual contact.

You have been warned! :(

Bawdy bordello boarders ought to be able to identify the actual parlours with surviving saunas for the information of all?

I think Excel in Crewe still has an actual sauna.

I would like an actual sauna. The defunct green lanes was spa in all but name. Dust covered jacuzzi. Soft touch in Northampton has a jacuzzi but waiting 20 mins for it to fill didn't seem a good use of cash. They have a nuru room too but that gets booked early. The place in general doesn't have a great rep. Anywhere with a genuine sauna would be of interest to me. Expecially when its minus 10 out :-)

I prefer a jacuzzi to a sauna any time.

I would like an actual sauna. The defunct green lanes was spa in all but name. Dust covered jacuzzi. Soft touch in Northampton has a jacuzzi but waiting 20 mins for it to fill didn't seem a good use of cash. They have a nuru room too but that gets booked early. The place in general doesn't have a great rep. Anywhere with a genuine sauna would be of interest to me. Expecially when its minus 10 out :-)

If you can get to Soft Touch then Lutterworth and its sauna could be within reach depending how you travel.

i personally think you're a touch hard (oh!! I didn't see that coming) on SoftTouch although their price regime can be tiresome to fathom.

Green lanes a spa!! I am surprised. I kept meaning to go for the fear and adventure but the one time I approached the heavily barred recep desk I used the price to chicken out. A spa? Gosh!

Edited by vivluvsme

Not, where I live. They're both euphemisms for a brothel.

Euphemisms - is that where you get a big horn ...................................

.......... oops sorry that's a euphonium. :unsure:

There are some places with a sauna (London Street in Edinburgh and the one in West Hampstead I went to many years ago) but many without. Seems no real difference to me.

Well I always assumed that a sauna had jacuzzi, steam rooms and you shagged on a massage table. All the parlours I have worked in have had beds in bedrooms but sadly no jacuzzi or steam rooms. I am possibly wrong though as I have never worked in a sauna.

I used to vist saunas in the 70's, and the staff there was always dressed in a short white tunic and blue trousers, strange as they were about 30 miles apart and the three of them were not connected, maybe it was a national uniform at the time for saunas, but they always had massage tables, and you would wait in reception and watch tv while your appointment time took place.

You used to put your clothes in a locker and sit with a robe on.

whereas with a parlour, you dont get undressed till your in the room and like has been said, there is a bed instead of a massage table. and the uniform of the parlour ladies is much more varied and revealing.

I used to vist saunas in the 70's, and the staff there was always dressed in a short white tunic and blue trousers, strange as they were about 30 miles apart and the three of them were not connected, maybe it was a national uniform at the time for saunas, but they always had massage tables, and you would wait in reception and watch tv while your appointment time took place.

You used to put your clothes in a locker and sit with a robe on.

whereas with a parlour, you dont get undressed till your in the room and like has been said, there is a bed instead of a massage table. and the uniform of the parlour ladies is much more varied and revealing.

You might like a look at the thread attached.

http://www.punternet.com/forum/index.php/topic/19228-special-treatment-licences/

In certain areas/cities the local authority decreed the uniform that staff actually wore - in Nottingham this was a white tunic buttoned to the neck. Licences were withdrawn if it was found that premises weren't complying.

Oh that brought back a few memories, I remember once being told that the tunic could not be taken off, it was okay to open it and show that nothing was worn underneath it, and the slacks were able to be removed, but the white tunic had to be on at all times.

And it was that reason why they preferred to do on top position rather than have crease marks on their tunic top.

definetly no kissing was allowed, though the massage with a happy ending was the most regular treatment they give they said, it was only a certain few who would go all the way, and you had to see them a few times before they did that.

Oh that brought back a few memories, I remember once being told that the tunic could not be taken off, it was okay to open it and show that nothing was worn underneath it, and the slacks were able to be removed, but the white tunic had to be on at all times.

And it was that reason why they preferred to do on top position rather than have crease marks on their tunic top.

definetly no kissing was allowed, though the massage with a happy ending was the most regular treatment they give they said, it was only a certain few who would go all the way, and you had to see them a few times before they did that.

Happy Days!! :)

I went to a parlour in Bradford a couple of times about five years ago and the girls were wearing white tunics which I found pretty sexy. The girl I saw certainly had no issues with removing it  :)

In certain areas/cities the local authority decreed the uniform that staff actually wore - in Nottingham this was a white tunic buttoned to the neck. Licences were withdrawn if it was found that premises weren't complying.

I think it's safe to assume that the authorities in Nottingham are probably the most facile in the country, if not the world.

Euphoria spa will re-open in April and I am looking forward to that. They shut their old place down just before christmas. Mainly gorgeous ebony girls prviding excellent massage but the new place will be sauna, steam room ect by all accounts