bacchus

Latest MacShane drivel: Sex trafficking in Britain is the new slavery

9 posts in this topic

More drivel from MacShane in the Yorkshire Post, including this gem:

Much of the liberal-Left establishment is in denial about the extent of the problem [of sex trafficking]. The Guardian recently ran a front-page story which argued that sex trafficking was a non-existent problem. Newsnight invited a spokeswoman from the so-called English Collective of Prostitutes, a shadowy outfit set up by the International Marxist Group in the 1970s, to discuss the sex slave trade. She said her organisation had only come across two trafficked women. Many male law-makers in the Commons and Lords are also hesitant in taking steps that might stop this trade.

Bit rich of MacShane to criticise the ECP for their (alleged) Marxist origins given the background of some members of Blair's and Brown's Cabinets, see for example, the revelation that Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth was a "'candidate member' of a body called the 'International Marxist Group'". :rolleyes:

No wonder the Commons and Lords are hesitant in 'taking steps' as MacShane urges given the level of debate offered by both him and his rad-fem fellow travellers.

All here: Sex trafficking in Britain is the new slavery

B

"This is where John Sentamu, the Archbishop of York, has bravely entered the field. He is urging his fellow legislators in the House of Lords............. Archbishop Sentamu is taking a huge risk."

This silly man gets to parade his prejudices and to VOTE on these measures solely because he's a functionary of the Church of England. Time to disestablish, so we can boot the bishops out of the Lords? Sadly with this government's track record they are more likely, in the name of multi-cultural fairness, to keep the bishops in the Lords and offer places to all the other brands of religious lunacy.

"Eventually one of the brothel customers took pity on Jeira and called the police, who raided the brothel and put Jeira in touch with her helpers at the Poppy Project. This story can be replicated in every city and town in Britain"

No it can't! Absolutely not! "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

If it could be replicated in every town in the country why are the police not being held to account over this? Is he really saying that he believes the police are this incompetent? If so why hasn't the Home Secretary been sacked?

The sentence that says everything anyone needs to know about this awful dying apology for a government is to be found in Alan Johnson's letter sacking Prof David Nutt as Chairman of the Govt's Advisory Committee on the Misuse of Drugs........ Prof Nutt has being saying, quite correctly I'm sure, that riding a horse is more dangerous for a teenager than taking ecstacy.

"I cannot have public confusion between scientific advice and policy and have therefore lost confidence in your ability to advise me as chair of the ACMD."

In other words b****r the scientific evidence when it doesn't fit the prejudices. This is what we are up against on punting and prostitution, too

Is he really saying that he believes the police are this incompetent? If so why hasn't the Home Secretary been sacked?

I thought she had been.

"This is where John Sentamu, the Archbishop of York, has bravely entered the field. He is urging his fellow legislators in the House of Lords............. Archbishop Sentamu is taking a huge risk."

This silly man gets to parade his prejudices and to VOTE on these measures solely because he's a functionary of the Church of England. Time to disestablish, so we can boot the bishops out of the Lords? Sadly with this government's track record they are more likely, in the name of multi-cultural fairness, to keep the bishops in the Lords and offer places to all the other brands of religious lunacy.

In the words of Iceman from Generation Kill: 'Theologically speaking... the world's been going downhill ever since man started offering entrails to the gods'. :rolleyes:

B

The sentence that says everything anyone needs to know about this awful dying apology for a government is to be found in Alan Johnson's letter sacking Prof David Nutt as Chairman of the Govt's Advisory Committee on the Misuse of Drugs........ Prof Nutt has being saying, quite correctly I'm sure, that riding a horse is more dangerous for a teenager than taking ecstacy.

"I cannot have public confusion between scientific advice and policy and have therefore lost confidence in your ability to advise me as chair of the ACMD."

In other words b****r the scientific evidence when it doesn't fit the prejudices. This is what we are up against on punting and prostitution, too

Quite! I've started a thread on Off-Topic Talk about this latest insanity of the government:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23591

Yes, just another example of this corrupt Government's way of doing things.

Dr Les King of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, who has resigned from the Advisory Council in support of his colleague Prof Nutt, has put it clearly, accusing the Home Secretary of "attempting to manipulate scientific evidence according to a predetermined agenda".

Sounds awfully familiar…