Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smiths

Police Raids.

17 posts in this topic

According to the Thames Valley police website there were various raids on premises carried out last night as part of an operation called Sentinel. For sexual reasons is specifically mentioned as is POCA and that brothels were targeted in this part of the operation.

Premises with road names mentioned were in MK/Reading/Slough/Maidenhead and Newbury. A number of people arrested.

Edited by smiths

According to the Thames Valley police website there were various raids on premises carried out last night as part of an operation called Sentinel. For sexual reasons is specifically mentioned as is POCA and that brothels were targeted in this part of the operation.

Premises with road names mentioned were in MK/Reading/Slough/Maidenhead and Newbury. A number of people arrested.

Quote from TVP

'Last night’s warrants were conducted under the Proceeds of Crime Act targeting properties suspected to be used for sexual services.

The addresses were Coley Avenue in Reading, North Eleventh Street, Witan Gate and North Third Street in Milton Keynes, Cippenham Lane in Slough, Cookham Road in Maidenhead, Service Road in Reading and Newtown Road in Newbury.'

Facist b*stards

After the cash to fund their own activities

I recognise at least one of those addresses :(

This makes me so sad. I was at one of these places this week. Law or no law, what a waste of effort to solve a non problem.

We need a law about speeding. But we dont need to put every speeder into jail for 6 months.

The current situation of "it is not broken dont fix it" goes away if they start closing down all parlours and agencies. Trying to craft a law that gets us back to here is hard. Better to keep things as they are, and only use the law if a venue gets well out of hand. Shutting down quiet, well run places is not helpful for anyone.

Six people were arrested in London as described here:-

http://www.camdennew...brothel-claims

Crap

The current generation seem to be presenting themselves as beauty parlours to get themselves licences but they will get rumbled pdq - guess they're hoping to get established and dare local plod to go in

Six people were arrested in London as described here:-

http://www.camdennew...brothel-claims

Wow, Operation Condor...nearly 6000 venues visited and over 1000 offences reported over the course of 4 days in early December, 22 venues closed including pubs and massage parlours, presumably for breaching licenses by allowing sexual services on the premises...anyone know of the fall-out from all this??

It seems like the Met is cracking down too! Soon the only fun to be had will be with indies working alone, not always safe for the girls.

Edited by venturer

Soon the only fun to be had will be with indies working alone, not always safe for the girls.

Then us real punters must try to make things as safe as possible for the ladies we visit.

Wow, Operation Condor...nearly 6000 venues visited and over 1000 offences reported over the course of 4 days in early December, 22 venues closed including pubs and massage parlours, presumably for breaching licenses by allowing sexual services on the premises...anyone know of the fall-out from all this??

Operation Condor has been around for some time now. Most of the raids have involved pubs, off-licences, shops and taxi/mini-cab offices. I think that it's mostly about alcohol and tobacco.

The people arrested in the link were arrested on suspicion of managing or assisting in the management of a brothel.

I imagine that the 1000+ offences were for various matters - drugs, stolen property,weapons, immigration etc etc.

Operating without a Special Treatment licence is a summary offence only with a maximum penalty of a level 4 fine. I don't think that the police or council have the power to close premises because of breaches of Special Treatment licences.

Then us real punters must try to make things as safe as possible for the ladies we visit.

But it only takes one nutter taking advantage that a girl is on her own in the premises and doing something nasty, how can anyone prevent that?

Operation Condor has been around for some time now. Most of the raids have involved pubs, off-licences, shops and taxi/mini-cab offices. I think that it's mostly about alcohol and tobacco.

The people arrested in the link were arrested on suspicion of managing or assisting in the management of a brothel.

I imagine that the 1000+ offences were for various matters - drugs, stolen property,weapons, immigration etc etc.

Operating without a Special Treatment licence is a summary offence only with a maximum penalty of a level 4 fine. I don't think that the police or council have the power to close premises because of breaches of Special Treatment licences.

Thanks for the elucidation...so mostly hooky fags & booze!

Do you mean respect whatever small, little things ladies do to try and enforce some sort of security?

Do you mean respect whatever small, little things ladies do to try and enforce some sort of security?

I try not to act like an arse, so take a lot of care not to alert neighbours, not park somewhere stupid etc.

Yes I hope I have never done anything to lessen a lady's safety or security. If asked to follow a certain procedure then I will do so.

Yes I hope I have never done anything to lessen a lady's safety or security. If asked to follow a certain procedure then I will do so.

That's very good but don't also have the P taken out of you, apart from reducing your name to 'orker aul' some ladies I've heard of lead some guys a merry dance and muck them about so they end up either missing their booking, or arriving late and not getting their full appointment time.

What I'm trying to say is apply common sense, assert yourself whilst also respecting what is a reasonable level of precautionary procedure.

That's very good but don't also have the P taken out of you, apart from reducing your name to 'orker aul'

What I'm trying to say is apply common sense, assert yourself whilst also respecting what is a reasonable level of precautionary procedure.

Firstly I am not into WS ,so no P taking happens on my punts

Secondly that's very sound advice and I hope we all apply common sense at all times and not just while punting!