Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wyounger

Edinburgh Sauna Licences Renewed

17 posts in this topic

Now that most of the Edinburgh Saunas have had their licences renewed, are the mods able to take them out of the 'no reports' category, so that we can all resume discussions?

Now that most of the Edinburgh Saunas have had their licences renewed, are the mods able to take them out of the 'no reports' category, so that we can all resume discussions?

Was that the reason they were in "No Reports"?

First of all, the mods have nothing to do with the FRs.

The Edinburgh saunas (well, some of them anyway) are on the NR list at their own request. They can start having reports published again if they wish, they just have to contact me.

First of all, the mods have nothing to do with the FRs.

The Edinburgh saunas (well, some of them anyway) are on the NR list at their own request. They can start having reports published again if they wish, they just have to contact me.

Thanks for the clarification, Galahad.

Given the sheer incompetence of Edinburgh Council (for example the trams, building repairs and the bins), it astonishes me this is the one area where they actually demonstrate common sense and pragmatism.

In almost every other respect they prove themselves to be backwards looking, hopeless and frankly deserving of impeachment, and yet they actually are able to get this right. It is amazing and offers a small glimmer of hope in an otherwise badly run city.

Was that the reason they were in "No Reports"?

The girls in one told me they did not know why they were on the list when another place under the same management was not. In two others I was told they did not want to draw attention to themselves because of the licence position, and also that what they had been told to be careful about what they put in their Evening News ads.

part of the objectors case was that proof that saunas were de facto brothels. was the discussion of the services given, on internet forums. Some parlours object to field reports as they want a semblance of discretion.

Is that why Carol's didn't get their licence renewed?

The reason for having no reports given at the time was that the Revenue was investigating both establishments and the girls, and FR evidence pointed to income levels. No idea if it was true, as one undercover visit would have yielded all the required information, but there you go.

Interesting differnences between Edinburgh and Glasgow, 50 miles apart yet not on the same planet

Where did you hear this? They are open tonight anyway.

Edited by pooter

Where did you hear this? They are open tonight anyway.

Carol's application was "continued", they are allowed to keep operating temporarily while investigations are proceeding.

Interesting differences between Edinburgh and Glasgow, 50 miles apart yet not on the same planet

Until now, as well as having different city councils with very differing attitudes to parlours/saunas etc, they have also had different police forces (Strathclyde vs Lothian and Borders). Expect some things to change (almost certainly not for the better) when a National police service for Scotland is established in the near future. It is likely to reflect Glasgow attitudes rather than Edinburgh.

I have been wondering how the national police force will change things. Personally I don't think it will make a feel deal of difference, the situation has been like this for years and years, and through many Chief Constables so I can't see it changing a whole lot.

What is more of a worry is the busy bodies and do gooders from the SNP sticking their ore in.

I have been wondering how the national police force will change things. Personally I don't think it will make a feel deal of difference, the situation has been like this for years and years, and through many Chief Constables so I can't see it changing a whole lot.

What is more of a worry is the busy bodies and do gooders from the SNP sticking their ore in.

The snp are usually pragmatists, they take each issue on merit, its the tories and labour who have a tendency to attack the sex industry. Margo Mcdonald, an independant nationalist is well known for her reasonable views on the sex industry

I mentioned the snp as they are the ones in power.

I thought the no reports request was to avoid the taxman coming calling?

Interesting differnences between Edinburgh and Glasgow, 50 miles apart yet not on the same planet

True, but then the Scottish Parliament is in Edinburgh, not Glasgow. And we know all about MPs and expenses !!