Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S Punky

Paying Of Bonds

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I hope this finds you all well on a wet miserable Wednesday night.

As I have just read about 2 places in Slough and Maidenhead being closed down, I felt I had to write this as it just suddenly came back to my mind on the paying of bonds by girls to work at certain establishments, One of them has been now closed and the owner was notorious for never paying the girls there bonds back when they left and for coming up with ridiculous reasons why they shouldn't get there money back.

So, does this still happen? and if so why?

I await with interest your thoughts and replies

Sounds like a visit to the Small Claims Court.

CB

Are you talking about a WG at a parlour or someone renting a house? It seems to be a similar arrangement.

C Court comment did make me smile, thank you!..Its knowing whether it's wise to go the 'whole hog' - or not?!

Also:- I suppose the bond provided by WG is similar to house deposit as you suggest..benefits to latter is that you are more likely to get it back subject to being 'satisfactory' . Thanks for that thought. .

C Court comment did make me smile, thank you!..Its knowing whether it's wise to go the 'whole hog' - or not?!

My experience is that, for small amounts, where you are in the right, the other party roll over pretty quickly when they get the paperwork.

CB

The only "bond" system I've met was the thai one, explained to me by a lady in Haad Yai long years ago.

In the spring the Mama Sans toured villages in the country-side. Families who were "blessed" with excessive numbers of daughters would be approached. Depending on how pretty and sparky a girl was, the price paid to the parents, and the period of the bond would vary.

The girl would be taken to the house, and fed and clothed, taught to sew and cook, and "make men happy". During the period of her bond ( 2 - 4 years generally) all her fees went to the mama san, and she got fed on the house, and got a little pocket money on the side.

Once her bond was up, she could negotiate with the mama-san for a period in the house as a freelance, paying fees (once when I was taken back to the house for breakfast, I noted that my girl signed for my food and hers in the book - a Penang Towkay dropped in shortly, and was shocked to see a farang sitting on the floor eating a fish stew wi'rice, and went elsewhere, to the great amusement of mama-san) but clothing herself. At the end of her freelance period, she'd return to the village, renew her virginity, and make a useful bride for a yeoman farmer.

I guess that in UK the bond is harder - probably she is told that she has to pay off the air-fare, plus the snake head's fee, by working, and only when she's paid that off, can she earn a little for herself. Nothing about the further ed that was provided in thailand.