tjnic

A Little Too Close To Home?

7 posts in this topic

I have always avoided punting girls in the town where I live for the simple reason that someone I know may see me coming or going and ask awkward questions or, even worse, manage to put two and two together somehow. I do sometimes visit girls in neighbouring towns on the basis that I know far less people there, so the chances of being seen by someone that I know are obviously much smaller. But I prefer to travel some distance when I can, just to be sure of privacy - or so I thought!

Last week I visited a new (to me) girl in Folkstone which is not an area that I have any real association with as it is a good 20 miles away from where I live. So you can imagine my surprise when I walk out of the young ladies flat, with a big grin on my face and almost collided with one of my neighbours! It turns out their parents live in the same street!! - Nothing else was said, and I doubt they worked out what I was up to, after all why would they make such an assumption or even pay it a second thought?

It just goes to show what a gamble this game can be. I am in the fortunate position of having my wife's consent to punt, but that does not mean I want everyone else to know what I do for a hobby. This was obviously bad luck, and I guess it could have happened anywhere, but I was wondering how many others have had an unexpected encounter which brings two aspects of their lives together which really should not be mixed.

It makes you think!

I am in the fortunate position of having my wife's consent to punt, but that does not mean I want everyone else to know what I do for a hobby.

You lucky devil. But keeping your hobby private is important not only for yourself but also I assume you wouldn't want to put your wife in an embarrassing position whatever the reasons for her consenting.

You lucky devil. But keeping your hobby private is important not only for yourself but also I assume you wouldn't want to put your wife in an embarrassing position whatever the reasons for her consenting.

Quite, we have an open marriage, but we don't want everyone to know that!

Quite, we have an open marriage, but we don't want everyone to know that!

But we all know it now :D:lol::P:)

But we all know it now :D:lol::P:)

Yes, I was waiting for a comment like that! Well done Paul!!!

The only thing I've had twice in fact is passing a girl I've seen in my town. Obviously they were working out of town for the same reasons I was.

My job involves visiting business clients at their premises. The only occasion I think I have been spotted was some years ago when I was seen coming out of a house by an in law who was working across the road. Trying desperately to stay cool, I mentioned I had been to see the firm's accountant at her home. As Basil Fawlty said "I think I got away with it"