Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YoungPunt

First Time Punting

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am new to both punting and this forum, look forward to using this forum and punting a lot more in the near future.

So far, I have made a booking on Adultwork, I have exchanged emails and talked to her on the phone and she has informed me whereabouts she does her in-calls. (Central Liverpool)

She has asked me to ring her once I am in Liverpool and I assume she will then tell me her address, as I am not familiar with the area.. I will be travelling in a taxi to get to her in-call location, anyone experienced any difficulty in finding a place? considering I most likely will not have mobile contact, the only solution I'd have is ask the cab driver to use his/her mobile to ring her.

Many thanks,

YP

You need a mobile. Some places are difficult to find and you do need someone on the end of a phone to direct you the last little bit of the way. Some ladies will give you the street and building address when you confirm but need you to ring for the flat number when you are actually at the door. Then, of course, there are the times when you get held up on your way and need to let the lady know you are going to be 5 minutes late or whatever it might be, or for when she needs to let you know of a delay. I can't imagine punting on the present scene without a mobile with me. Needing the cab driver to call her if you can't find her place sounds crazy to someone like me who likes to keep his punting strictly a private affair.

Why will you not have 'mobile contact' ? Is there some sort of network blackspot in Liverpool, or are you truly saying you don't have a mobile? If you don't, my advice would be that they are essential for 21st-century punting.

Also, it's not completely unknown for a punter - novice or experienced - to arrive at a punt after making a special journey only to find the lady concerned is unexpectedly unavailable. It might be prudent to do a little research and have the number of another lady with you, just in case. Assuming you do have a mobile by the day of the punt, that is...

Edited by Dang Leeballs

When you completed the booking request I presume you left a number for the lady to contact you on to confirm the booking?

If this was a homephone number I am surprised she did not question if you had a mobile number?

I can only reiterate what the gentlemen have said.You really do need a mobile phone with you.

Not only for her to give directions but what if something comes up and you are running late or she is or heaven forbid she has to cancel?

The taxi driver is under no obligation to use his mobile for you.

Most ladies would be loathe to accept a booking from a witheld number or from someone without a mobile.

The taxi driver is under no obligation to use his mobile for you.

Most ladies would be loathe to accept a booking from a witheld number or from someone without a mobile.

That is as good as telling the taxi driver that "there is a hooker on this number if you fancy a visit". I would expect any WG to be pretty upset with this.

How can anyone think about punting in 2012 without a mobile phone? You can buy a SIM card in my local co-op for £5 and a hand set for around a tenner. If you are thinking about spending £150 or so on a punt then an upfront investment of £15 seems fairly simple.

I hope Young Punt will return to explain himself.