Scotsman0000

Lounge Etiquette

20 posts in this topic

I guess at this stage I'm no longer a punting novice (8 punts and counting) but there's still a lot of situations where I find myself unsure of the etiquette, perhaps someone could help me out.

Today, I called ahead to a local sauna and asked which girls were on, hoping for a certain one. The girl I was eager to try was supposed to be on, but the manager explained he gets a lot of no shows on a Sunday so wouldn't be keen to take an advanced booking. I decided that was fair enough and opted to head down there for roughly opening time. When I got there, I paid my door fee, mentioned that I'd spoken to him on the phone about this girl and he told me she had a booking.

As it happens, the girl I wanted showed me around and while she was showing me around, she mentioned her booking was late and might not show up. I asked that if he didn't, could I be next in line. She said sure, love to etc.

Sorry for blabbing on so long, but I'm getting to my point...I waited in the lounge, no other girls available, two other guys waiting who had been there before me. As the girl emerged from the room, she told me she'd come get me in a minute and came back to take me to the room. At this point, one of the other guys in the lounge got up and had a word with her and the manager. I couldn't hear what he said, but the girl I wanted clearly said to him 'Yeah you were here first, but he has a booking' then she came and got me and off we went, the other poor guy clearly not happy.

Now my question is this: Should I have sat back and let the other guy go first, knowing I'd have to wait another 30-45 minutes to see the girl I wanted or was I right to have slipped a comment to her when we were alone to 'call dibs', if you like?

You had a booking, he didn't, simple.

You had a booking, he didn't, simple.

Sometimes my learned friend, things are not that simple.

That's the thing though, I didn't actually have a booking. All I had was a chat with the girl, while that guy was already in the lounge. I guess that's OK then?

Maybe she just prefered the look of you than the other guy

Maybe either in her mind it was a booking or for whatever reason (such as she'd just sent some time with you and liked your company) she preferred you to an unknown punter.

you had technically booked her, so you got precedence, going into a parlour without a booking is pot luck, the other guy knows that.

as all have said you booked, but then I wouldn't of sat back and said no mate you go first, why should you miss out :eek:

The thing is though, I probably didn't explain it properly, the manager didn't take my booking over the phone as he wasn't sure the girl would show up. The only booking I had, if you could even call it that, was asking if I could be next when I was chatting with the girl herself.

It's a bit of a tangent, but the manager told you on the phone he was reluctant to take a booking and yet when you got there you were told the lady was booked - so the manager was happy to take a booking from someone else but not you. I find that a little strange.

Next week Im going to use the London branch of a well known MK parlour. Im still trying to make my mind up which girl to choose.To be honest they both look scary in a nice way,they could both have me for breakfast,hmm nice thought,Im a big boy now so I will just have to be brave.Anyway this will be my first visit to any parlour,is it usual to tip the maid/receptionist?Any other advice wil be gratefully recieved.

It's a bit of a tangent, but the manager told you on the phone he was reluctant to take a booking and yet when you got there you were told the lady was booked - so the manager was happy to take a booking from someone else but not you. I find that a little strange.

I agree. Still doesnt explain why the manager wouldnt take your booking. If the girl doesnt show up then you could see someone else or be phone up before you leave.

Otherwise whats the point of running a booking system?

I guess at this stage I'm no longer a punting novice (8 punts and counting) but there's still a lot of situations where I find myself unsure of the etiquette, perhaps someone could help me out.

Today, I called ahead to a local sauna and asked which girls were on, hoping for a certain one. The girl I was eager to try was supposed to be on, but the manager explained he gets a lot of no shows on a Sunday so wouldn't be keen to take an advanced booking. I decided that was fair enough and opted to head down there for roughly opening time. When I got there, I paid my door fee, mentioned that I'd spoken to him on the phone about this girl and he told me she had a booking.

As it happens, the girl I wanted showed me around and while she was showing me around, she mentioned her booking was late and might not show up. I asked that if he didn't, could I be next in line. She said sure, love to etc.

Sorry for blabbing on so long, but I'm getting to my point...I waited in the lounge, no other girls available, two other guys waiting who had been there before me. As the girl emerged from the room, she told me she'd come get me in a minute and came back to take me to the room. At this point, one of the other guys in the lounge got up and had a word with her and the manager. I couldn't hear what he said, but the girl I wanted clearly said to him 'Yeah you were here first, but he has a booking' then she came and got me and off we went, the other poor guy clearly not happy.

Now my question is this: Should I have sat back and let the other guy go first, knowing I'd have to wait another 30-45 minutes to see the girl I wanted or was I right to have slipped a comment to her when we were alone to 'call dibs', if you like?

I could never even go to somewhere with a communal "waiting room".

I am actually beginning to enjoy the lounge experience, its interesting seeing who your fellow punters are, watching the behaviour of the wgs, and listening and contributing to the chit-chat.

Most parlours do the punter shufle to avoid you seeing another guy but I never minded being in a lounge situation - only experienced it a few times though. To me there is something very primal about being in a group of men who are possibly all going to have sex with the same woman. There is to me anyway, a sort of strange pleasure in knowing my cock is going where another has just been. Cant explain it but I suspect I am not the only one!

To clear up the manager not taking my booking, I called about 11am which I thought was opening time. He said they opened at 1pm and gave me the option of calling again about 12:30 to see if she was in, I opted to just go down there and see, thinking it wouldn't be busy.

As it happened, two guys in the lounge and 4 with the girls so it was fairly busy. I've never been in a lounge with other guys before so it was a bit strange but I found it quite hot seeing a guy emerge to go to the showers and then the girl coming back to the lounge a few minutes later. It was also hot knowing there was someone else waiting to fuck the girl I was with.

Adam, I'm taking it that this refers to your meeting with Brianne in Scorpio? This scenario is entirely normal in Edinburgh saunas. You were quicker than the other chap - that was tough on him - happens all the time. The lounge is not a queueing system, and after all there would have been plenty of other girls to chose from in Scorpio. Don't worry - and I'm glad you enjoyed your punt.

Technically I would say the guy who was there before you should have been seen first. Imagine if you were the other guy and had got their first, then some other chap walks in after, without a booking, and gets the girl before you do.

However, it's a dog eat dog world, you did what any guy probably would have done.

Adam, I'm taking it that this refers to your meeting with Brianne in Scorpio? This scenario is entirely normal in Edinburgh saunas. You were quicker than the other chap - that was tough on him - happens all the time. The lounge is not a queueing system, and after all there would have been plenty of other girls to chose from in Scorpio. Don't worry - and I'm glad you enjoyed your punt.

Yeah, wow, how did you know? :cool:

Glad to know it's commonplace though. Brianne was fantastic and the guy was still there when I came out and went off with her so I'm sure he was happy in the end too. :P

Personally, I would rather assume an illusion of the girl not having been with anyone else that day rather than waiting and knowing full well she had been with someone else 5 mins beforehand.