mutinyonthecounty

Money For Punting

24 posts in this topic

I was wondering whether people have any creative ways of ensuring that they always have a punting 'slush fund' available.

I have a couple of approaches here:

1. I accumalate about £1,500 in work expenses each month and amongst this you can hide a multitude of things. What I tend to do is take out regular small amounts of cash which I then put towards punting. When asked by the missus about them, I can always say that it is entertaining clients, lunch with client etc.. and that I will be claiming it back. It's great because at the end of the month I have a wad of cash to spend on what I like.

2. I have a panel of girls I punt with all of whom I've known for 4-5 years and there is alot of trust there. They will all accept a gift card for payment (Asda, Tesco) without any problem at all and I find that this is also easy to cover up.

Any other creative ways of funding this hobby would be welcomed !!

I tend to pay for as many day to day things by credit card as possible, there's also a local hostelry where I have a bite to eat regularly which does cash back on the bill so no CC charge. This means I retain enough folding for the hobby. The missus sometimes kicks off about the credit card bill and asks why I bought packet of chewing gum on it from time to time but I've managed to get away with "business expenses" so far.

This hobby does make one inventive - I s'pose it's similar with an affair.

I have often wondered why some ladies don't have a card machine available. Easy to slide in, tap your PIN and away. Saves carrying all that cash around.

I use my debit card for most purchases and always ask for £10 or £20 cash back, which disappears into my back pocket. Thence to my punting money box. It is pretty untraceable.

I have often wondered why some ladies don't have a card machine available. Easy to slide in, tap your PIN and away. Saves carrying all that cash around.

If you are single it doesn't matter whether you pay debit card, credit card or cash. If you are married don't leave a paper trail. Cash is the answer.

1 They have to rent the machine, set up an internet connection and they get a deduction of up to 10% from each transaction

2 It means they are traceable and there are some who wish to leave no trace (much like many punters). Also what trading name would they use? I am not sure I want "Wendy's Whorehouse" on my bank statement every 2 or 3 weeks thanks.

An old Bedouin saying, 'Never let the camel get its head in the tent. Because then you can't stop it from charging in, and it will shit on everything'.

So odd's other half never has and never will get to see the spreadsheet.

Edited by oddbloke

I have an income from an investment only known by me which is in a bank account only known to me so I have cash on tap whenever I need,

A wonderful position to be in as i know some guys struggle , i use a long term reg but at the moment am having a break as things are getting stale also need another reg so in the future will be back because i cant give it up and i really dont see why i should , as they say your a long time dead ,

and I would miss that lovelly time I have with nice ladies that i wouldnt stand a cat in hells chance if i didnt pay

Edited by littleone1940

If you are single it doesn't matter whether you pay debit card, credit card or cash. If you are married don't leave a paper trail. Cash is the answer.

Yet another advantage of being a widower :) ( although there are not many :( )

I still try not to leave a paper trail though, just in case the Grim Reaper comes calling sooner than expected and my kids then saw things on my card / bank statements, like the "Wendy's Whorehouse" mentioned above :( They may wonder where all the cash withdrawals have gone, but I have a couple of other expensive hobbies, so I hope they would assume the money had all been spent on those ;)

cash back is wonderful. 3 times a week getting an extra tenner gets you £120 a month which is about right for me.

Money for punting is good for the economy, maybe its best if the other half dont trace the cash that is spent, but it is justified as a good investment in terms of our happieness, and what happens with it from there is none of our business.

Yet another advantage of being a widower :) ( although there are not many :( )

I still try not to leave a paper trail though, just in case the Grim Reaper comes calling sooner than expected and my kids then saw things on my card / bank statements, like the "Wendy's Whorehouse" mentioned above :( They may wonder where all the cash withdrawals have gone, but I have a couple of other expensive hobbies, so I hope they would assume the money had all been spent on those ;)

Awwwe John here have a virtual Holly ((hug)).

I don't blame you for doing that though, one of the first things I did when my father passed was to jump on his computer and get rid of all the stuff that would upset my younger siblings (and there was a lot of it).

I don't blame you for doing that though, one of the first things I did when my father passed was to jump on his computer and get rid of all the stuff that would upset my younger siblings (and there was a lot of it).

There should be some protocol for an outsider to have permission to do just that. If,, in the event of my death, any ladies start getting random messages from the Porker family I hope you will all ignore them.

I'm only new and in Uni right now. Don't have a job but i've been funding it by matched betting on the football. Doing well so far, i just use all the money won by that for my punting needs.

Like all women my wife has the eys of a hawk. Unless the establishment can show an innocuous name against the transaction, £60 spent at "Climax Sauna & Parlour" isn't going to pass for a Xmas present for the wife.

If a wife is that ignorant of you and your goings on, then she must be a half wit. Take it for granted that she does. She doesn't like it, but it's part of the deal. Being discrete, cheating etc. is where it suits her for you to be. Get cocky and disrespectful and you are in for it.

money wise it probably works out cheaper for you to punt than it would be to resurrect the oh and sustain the love life. Overspend and she will soon kick up a fuss.

She knows.

Jeeeee ...thank you Holly. < blushes profusely > ;)

C'mon now though ...... you've "retired" and yet you're putting me in the same age range as your Dad ? ( probably rightly :( ). However, it does make a chap feel a tad on the old side :wacko:

It's hard enough getting merchant services for products related to the industry, almost no chance for those whoring, sure there will be someone that would but my guess the % fee will be higher than any other industry, some think is girls are a licence to print money.

I'm only new and in Uni right now. Don't have a job but I've been funding it by matched betting on the football. Doing well so far, I just use all the money won by that for my punting needs.

I don't suppose you want to share your technique, I have never won anything like enough at the bookies to pay for a punt in my whole life!

It's hard enough getting merchant services for products related to the industry, almost no chance for those whoring, sure there will be someone that would but my guess the % fee will be higher than any other industry, some think is girls are a licence to print money.

What about pay pal? Anyone could send you money if the know your email address. There is no need to be specific about anything either. I don't know how much it costs though, a few percent at a guess. Good for regulars.

What about pay pal? Anyone could send you money if the know your email address. There is no need to be specific about anything either. I don't know how much it costs though, a few percent at a guess. Good for regulars.

Paypal payments can be reversed, therefore girls would not be happy to accept this medium.

Paypal payments can be reversed, therefore girls would not be happy to accept this medium.

It is possible, but the paypal buyer protection scheme does not apply to the Provision of Services or Personal Transaction Payments, so once the payment is confirmed, it is not at all easy to get it reversed. In fact you would have to be able make very good legal case which would involve going into detail about the nature of the transaction and why it was no longer valid. Just saying "I made a mistake" or "I didn't get what I expected" would not cut it. Exactly the same rules apply for paypal as for the banks and the credit card companies. I don't think a WG should be unduly concerned if a regular client wished to pay that way, it is just like taking a card or cheque in that respect.

If paypal found out they will disable account, also there will be a three percent or so fee, limited pp protection, they say there is but if someone says their cc has been used by fraud and a cc requests a reversal they will do so immediately.

If paypal found out they will disable account, also there will be a three percent or so fee, limited pp protection, they say there is but if someone says their cc has been used by fraud and a cc requests a reversal they will do so immediately.

That is true, but you could apply that to absolutely any credit card transaction. Claiming a transaction is fraudulent when it was not is a criminal offence! Okay, so that may not be much help, as most ladies would not want to get involved in that type of battle and I can see that the 3% charge would not be welcome, but for a regular client it may be an reasonable option for some girls.

There is an lot of crap about paypal on the internet. In reality they are a respectable bank and they follow the same rules and safeguards as the other banks (I guess that's not really saying much is it :D )

Oh well, just a suggestion.