Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedaddy1

Punting Too Close To Your Own Doorstep?

44 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Hoping to have my first punt this week. My main concern is I have alot to lose if I somehow get found out/seen.

So my question to you all is basically do you ever punt in your own town? Is it safer to use an independent girl rather than a parlour?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I have punted in my own town, but then my town is pretty big. I wouldn't use a parlour, if you were seen you wouldn't be able to explain it away. If I had to punt nearer to home, I always have an excuse ready of that I'm picking up something I bought on ebay to save on postage. I was accused once of "seeing that slapper" at number so and so. Pulled out a parcel from a bag and used the above excuse and I was soon left alone.

I'm sure you'll get some advice shortly, but other than that, hope you enjoy your punting exploits!

Hey Guys,

Hoping to have my first punt this week. My main concern is I have alot to lose if I somehow get found out/seen.

So my question to you all is basically do you ever punt in your own town? Is it safer to use an independent girl rather than a parlour?

Thanks.

Join the club :o :o That applies to practically all of us blokes.

Never shit on your own doorstep was drummed in to me 40 years ago and I have never forgotten it. Travel to punt.

I would never visit a lady near to home. At least a 45 minute drive/ 30 miles would be a good idea as far as I'm concerned. And then I am still as careful as I can possibly be and taking as many precautions as I can with regard to reasons for being where I am, parking the car a reasonable distance away but not too far etc.

A trench coat, false beard and moustache together with a trilby would be good purchase. If you can't get a trilby a flat cap will do. You can get hot and sweaty in a good summer but in that case just wear shoes, socks, underpants and string vest and you'll feel cooler. You will look cool as well. Take my word for it. I was a doctor. :D

Just make sure the trip is warranted

Ie going to see a new customer or supplier etc

Does your job entail you travelling

If it doesn't you need to plant the seed in your partners head in advance

Like a meeting at head office or some sort of seminar that you are attending

If your job is travelling that makes life a lot easier

A friend of mine had the perfect job for punting away

He worked for a cosmetics company and always came home stinking of perfume

Always remember plan it right and bit should go smooth

Preparing for someone seeing you 3 towns over a friend of your partner or a neighbour and your answer accordingly just on the slight of chance it may happen

Edited by mr man

Take my word for it. I was a doctor. :D

Until he got struck off for "conduct unbecoming". The case comes up before the magistrate in January. I believe Gibbs will plead not guilty through insanity! :cool:

Until he got struck off for "conduct unbecoming". The case comes up before the magistrate in January. I believe Gibbs will plead not guilty through insanity! :cool:

You've been talking to my doctor.... :angry: ....Now I discover you've been talking to my legal team.. :angry: ......You'll probably turn out to be the magistrate. :angry:

This should all be Private... :ph34r: ....I'm going to change my name.. :unsure: ......Frazer sounds good.. :) ......I'm doomed! were all doomed! :wacko:

I will be on jury duty that week, me thinks it would be intresting to be on the jury on this case.

Course I would not tell you this in order to encourage a bribe oh no but I might be willing to see things from a certain viewpoint if we were to talk about a certain donation to a worthy cause.

I will be on jury duty that week, me thinks it would be intresting to be on the jury on this case.

Course I would not tell you this in order to encourage a bribe oh no but I might be willing to see things from a certain viewpoint if we were to talk about a certain donation to a worthy cause.

There's enough in that moneybox of yours as it is ! And don't think I'm handling that key of yours again after I found out where you keep it ! :mad:

Edited by gibbs

I see a girl 10-15 minute walk from my flat in London, I find the proximity a bit of a rush actually. if I lived in a small town, forget it...

I've punted 20 miles from home a couple of times but usually further. NEVER closer than 20 miles. It's a small world though and you can bump into someone you know anywhere, no matter how far from home. Always have a feasible story prepared as to why you are in that area. If you meet INSIDE the parlour, you should be able to rely on each others discretion, unless he's a cop and it's a raid :eek:

The advantage of a punt close to home is your excuse with the OH for being out doesn't have to cover extended travelling time as well as the punting time.

I struggle to have to continually find reasons why I am away on business meetings every week (or more) for four hours at a time, particularly when there never seems to be any business from it afterwards.

A local punt means only 90 minutes out of my day, if I tag on 30 minutes at the gym afterwards to work up a sweat, it's just a long gym session and nothing to bat an eyelid over.

I used to visit a lady in the town that I lived in as I got a bit lazy on the travel side. One day I saw her in the local M & S and greated her with a kiss on each cheek as if she was an old friend

The problem arose when I would see her out and about in the morning and I was with my partner, fortunately she moved on and retired from the business

I often think if I go punting say 40 mins from where I live could the lady also work away from her abode and hence live near me? its a thought

I punt in the centre of the town I live in, going on average a couple of times a month to the same sauna. I have never been see by anyone I know, we'll at least not to my knowledge. If I did get see, my job gives me a reasonable excuse to be in most buildings.

I used to visit a lady in the town that I lived in as I got a bit lazy on the travel side. One day I saw her in the local M & S and greated her with a kiss on each cheek as if she was an old friend

The problem arose when I would see her out and about in the morning and I was with my partner, fortunately she moved on and retired from the business

I often think if I go punting say 40 mins from where I live could the lady also work away from her abode and hence live near me? its a thought

I would regard this as very indiscreet as well as dangerous. Who else might have been shopping in M & S that morning?

The second highlighted sentence could apply almost anywhere but is a risk worth taking.

Hey Guys,

Thanks.

I met the landlord of my local in a parlour a while back.

Free beer has never tasted so good :)

On the basis of don't punt too close to home I once travelled 35 miles to a well known parlour to discover one of the girls working was a barmaid at my sports club! She was working on the same basis as me!!

I often punt near where I work, which isn't that far away from where I live. Maybe there is some risk, but if I had to travel far it would seriously impact my ability to punt. A lot of my punts take place around lunchtime when I take a long lunch break from work.

I once ran into three of the girls from my regular place in a night club, at the bar. Said a quick Hi and then went back and joined my mates.

my job gives me a reasonable excuse to be in most buildings.

Here we have a cat burglar!

Here we have a cat burglar!

Almost, I have been called a thief on a few occasions.

I tend to punt 20 plus miles from home and have done for past few years. I can justify being in the areas due to business and it's far enough from where I live to be anonymous ( unless a business contact sees me?)

Once went to punt close to home and found out the gaff was bloody well next door to my wife's friend. The amazing thing was Dick Brain kicked in again..." you might not be seen...go on, get in..." On this occasion he was outvoted and we were off to plan B, several miles away.

I've punted on home turf, I find it difficult if not impossible to escape for a distance punt, there are a great many ladies within an hour or two of me that I would love to see but they may as well be on the moon for the practicality of visiting them.

I would much prefer to always go out of area but sometimes one has no option but to shit on ones own doorstep and just be bloody careful not to step in it.

DG

When I was single I used to go to a parlour 400 yards away from where I lived. No big risk as I lived alone and the parlour entrance was fairly discreet.

I definitely not visit a parlour in my town now but the local plod seem to have shut them down recently. I have seen a few indies fairly local to where I live but they tend to be in more residential areas so less risky (I hope).

The ebay idea above has potential but could easily be checked. I think I might adapt it with me selling something on Gumtree and delivering it as the buyer does not have transport.

tbh most of my punting tends to be during the day in a two hour windows of opportunity so the scope to go further than 10 miles or so is limited.