Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sarah Summers

Time For A Punt At Christmas?

28 posts in this topic

How do guys manage to punt at this time? Do they sneak off for a bit during the shopping ? Does the thought of several days at home fill you with dread instead of Christmas spirit because of the lack of excuses to get out. How do you cope? What are the strategies for punting droughts?

I usually say that I'm popping out for some more custard.

I usually say that I'm popping out for some more custard.

via the Swiss Roll shop of course! ;)

via the Swiss Roll shop of course! ;)

Would it perhaps be a better cover to say you are going for a chocolate yule log with it being christmas?? :)

My last punt of the year (probably) is Dec 18th. Chances are thin on the ground for me at the best of times and Christmas is worse.

If I popped out for custard the OH would probably want to come too. She could always sit in the car whilst I fill my bag - or should that be "empty my bag".

Oh well, it'll soon be 2013 - can't wait! The sooner Christmas is done and dusted the better.

DG

My Christmas punt is planned for this Thursday. A new lady to me this time but she has glowing reviews and her photos are stunning.Wish me luck!

My Christmas punt is planned for this Thursday. A new lady to me this time but she has glowing reviews and her photos are stunning.Wish me luck!

Break a leg Paul!

Don't forget the custard, brandy butter and rum and raisin ice cream (or the ginger muffins and Grasmere gingerbread) which are now all prerequisites for a good splosh.

DG

I take advantage of the shopping day from work & plan in my punt accordingly.

Well I live alone so I just walk out the door.

usually try and get a nice 90 min or 2 hour punt first thing on xmas eve morning before heading off to family in the afternoon..

Just have to wait for schedules to show who working and decide who that will be as some girls will obviously be away seeing family..

Xmas eve (and new years eve) gets booked up mega fast so you got to be quick otherwise you'll miss out....

As, like many others, do not realistically have the chance to slip off for a punt between say 20th Dec and 3rd Jan, i have two windows of opportunity next week, tuesday afternoon and thursday evening. both times mrs JD will be away from home.

Dont normally punt twice in three days, but as they say, never look a gift horse in the mouth :)

One of the appointments will be my first two girl. Happy Christmas to me!

It's always a busy time for me leading up to Christmas, but hopefully a punt the week before Christmas.

Not during Christmas week - Mrs L and family time.

Planning on having a New Years eve punt though.

too much good stuff on the telly over christmas to be concerned about punting

How do guys manage to punt at this time? Do they sneak off for a bit during the shopping ? Does the thought of several days at home fill you with dread instead of Christmas spirit because of the lack of excuses to get out. How do you cope? What are the strategies for punting droughts?

Sometimes you just wish you never started a topic don't you Sarah. :) To add to your misery :lol: I make it 7 - 6 so far in favour of custard. At least I'm being sensible. :ph34r:

Over the years I often travelled either on Xmas or Boxing Day across London to see relatives. On Commercial Street there were several street workers quite happily picking up trade. Swanning about dressed to kill in some cases. Seemingly with little or no worry that they would be arrested.

My last punt pre Xmas booked for 18th. That's it until 4 Jan.when the tanks will be full to brimming and ready to go!

Sometimes you just wish you never started a topic don't you Sarah. :) To add to your misery :lol: I make it 7 - 6 so far in favour of custard. At least I'm being sensible. :ph34r:

It's as good an excuse as any other.

But I will not use the "c" word from now on.

Possibly.

Got 2 meetings lined up before Christmas, and usually manage one in between Christmas & New Year, although this year will be more awkward as Ms wudsy is not working at that time like she usually does. I plan to ask a Lady, who i know won't be around much herself, to let me know when she's available with a view to a quick rendezvous behind the bike sheds. Now, the not knowing if or when, will i'm sure, make for an interesting time!!!

It's as good an excuse as any other.

But I will not use the "c" word from now on.

Possibly.

Whew, there are too many folk starting threads about Christmas as it is.... :P

Whew, there are too many folk starting threads about Christmas as it is.... :P

Chortle.

Custard my arse ;)

Custard my arse ;)

I thought that was supposed to be our secret Sarah. Now you've let it out to everyone. :lol: We'll have to find another way. ;)

I punt when suits me, i can always find time to slip away if i want to as i dont have to and wouldnt be prepared to have to account for my every movement. I have always found it quite easy, but i am not under the thumb like some poor punters ans wouldnt put up with that nonsense.