Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tightfoot69

No Advent Girl This Year?

14 posts in this topic

with MKE no more is this not happening this year? i got lucky last year and had a great time with millie at a reduced price.

with MKE no more is this not happening this year? i got lucky last year and had a great time with millie at a reduced price.

You may need to explain the thinking behind this post for the benefit of those people who are too far from MK to visit regularly.

You may need to explain the thinking behind this post for the benefit of those people who are too far from MK to visit regularly.

i am sure the majority of people who frequent this section know what it means. and if they dont they can ask. i dont need a wannabe mod to make it a big deal

thanks

Edited by tightfoot69

It was an MK tradition that during December each day there would be an Advent Girl and all appointments with her attracted a discount which was absorbed by the house cut.

I missed out last December when I visited Rosalie at the old Divas place, she told me she was the advent girl but I hadn't checked this before leaving for my pre-booked appointment, so of course I didn't have the necessary password...doh!!

Thank you Venturer. As for tightfoot69, I would be glad if he would explain his remark. It sounds a bit bitchy on first reading. All I was doing in my post was asking as he suggested. I don't get it.

Edited by porker paul

As venturer said, a random girl is picked a day and a discount is given if you book on the day and give a password thats shown on their twitter.

I guess they have other things to deal with. Plus there is a recession on...

As someone who usually booked in advance Ive only ever saw 1 Advent girl based on luck that she popped and obviously the girl whose advent gets booked up solid in a flash so no chance of seeing her once its announced.

But I was told I couldnt use the advent discount cos Id booked in advance by the maid...so paid more for my bookings than apparently everyone else that day....

And couple of times the girl Id already booked in advance for evening booking suddenly became advent girl and she was knackered come my time cos she was booked up solid all day...

So personally TBH, Advent doesnt actually mean anything to me. MAY get a discount depend on who takes the phone if Ive already booked but planning on booking a girl and then finding out she's advent girl usually means im going to lose out cos shed already be booked or be knackered come my booking.....

I like the idea and appreciate the offer and will work if you can get a booking but in practice it didn't work for me, even made punting at xmas another headache as I even had to dodge or hope a girl DIDNT become advent girl.........

Edited by Overworked

Many's a time I've booked a spur of the moment punt, and I was lucky to see a few advent girls.

got lucky once with an advent girl, not sure what you mean about recession Overworked.....a recession means more of the operators should look at this to generate interest/reward. :)

If you look around you will see that there are actually Christmas discounts available even if the establishments dont offer them this year. I guess it depends where you look ^_^ x

Keep an eye on our website and twitter from Monday 17th, as we have Santa's Little Helper with us and she is eager to please.

xx

Keep an eye on our website and twitter from Monday 17th, as we have Santa's Little Helper with us and she is eager to please.

xx

What services does this SLH provide? Will she be dressed up like a fairy on a Christmas tree? :D;)

What services does this SLH provide? Will she be dressed up like a fairy on a Christmas tree? :D;)

She'll be very good at emptying heavy sacks...I guess! ;):lol:

She'll be very good at emptying heavy sacks...I guess! ;):lol:

Yes I have a couple of heavy sacks that need emptying. :D

Regrettably I missed out on the advent girl offer last year.. and am nowhere near MK this year or would probably have taken advantage of Chloe's one woman advent discount next week! :D