Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
offroad

Stopped posting?

12 posts in this topic

With the recent upsurge in interest of this site I've wondered whether people stopped posting or even changed their style of posting?

In the past there have been those posts that have explored the deeper meanings of this business/hobby. Whilst these may not have been to everyone's tastes or interest they did reveal another side to the business, one that is often overlooked in the media hype of trafficing etc and one that probably should be aired somewhat more if we want an adult, sensible debate of the subject.

However, how many of us who were perhaps once prepared to go into a degree of personal detail in such posts are now still prepared to do so given the current press interest. I mean, most people here are hiding behind pseudonyms in order that they are not outed and having your life story or parts therefore lifted and printed in the newspaper isn't that appealing. The effect of this is of course that those casually trawling this site may miss the balance and reasons why this business exists.

I offer no solutions, just ideas and observations, but I do believe that posts showing a softer (fluffier) side of the business, from both punters and girls do help demonstrate that it is not all darkness here.

Publish and be damned I say!

I suspect the media interest has waned by now - but of course I am using a pseudonym to protect my family, my career and myself but I have written to local papers under my real name in support of the sex industry and having a reasoned debate about it.

A good post.

Judging by the recent interest and increased hits to this site, I would say that anyone with a huge amount to lose if "outed" would have stopped or at least decreased their posting or perhaps changed their posting style.

With the recent upsurge in interest of this site I've wondered whether people stopped posting or even changed their style of posting?

No.  ‏  ‏  ‏  

I have decided to start posting in the time since the upsurge in interest, although I have made no conscious link between the two events.

No.  ‏  ‏  ‏  

Ditto.....

I'm out and proud. You can all rest easy now.

well as youcan see from my thread ;http://punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23707--- I'm flying a bit of a fluffy flag but I'm coming up against some " stiff " opposition from a no. of the guys and getting zero input or assistance from the ladies ,so far. I feel like I'm in a minority but I cant believe this to be the case.

I like it when people come on here with their tales of woe, heartbreak and misery. It helps me put my own life into perspective and smile at other peoples misfortune.......normally at this point karma strikes and I tread in dog shit.

I've stopped posting as much not because of the bloody 'authorities' - I couldn't care less about those hypocrites, but because I'm still in bloody pre mod from the 'old regime.' :D

Being in pre mod really puts you off contributing as you don't know whether your efforts are even going to be published. You could actuually be simply wasting your time!

In fact if the situation hadn't have changed I would have stopped posting altogether after being a contributor since the beginning, as I informed all my pm contacts.

Hopefully I only have a couple of days to go now (talk about being punished excessively for hardly anything!) then I'll be back with a vengeance. ;)

I do actually have lots to contribute after my recent trip to London!

It use to be fun back in the day but the excitement seems to have gone...Bring back Cactus Jack :-)