Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourSlave

"punting" In The Phillipines (Angeles To Be Specific)

4 posts in this topic

Prostitution is illegal in the Phillipines, yet the country along with other countries in SE Asia have a reputation for having a lot of sex workers and they are a popular place to go and have fun.

So is it safe to go there and have fun? Is there a risk of being caught by law enforcement? Is there a risk of being ripped off and losing your money? Is there a risk of being lead into a trap and being robbed?

Hi I am just back from a holiday in the Philippines & Thailand so can give a bit of advice. I only stayed 3 days in AC and unfortunately was ill for the 10 days in total but AC is a safe place. I stayed at the Devera hotel (lovely receptionists) and a 10 min walk to fields avenue the pattaya walking street of AC. The difference between AC & the rest of Phills & Thailand is you pay for everything in one lump sum! The bar & girl before you take the girl.. Works out cheaper then a pattaya beer bar where you pay the barfine then the girl after.

I didn't come across any police problems, moreso in Manilla with guards with guns outside banks! There were a lot of beggars & kids around but so long as you don't flash the wealth you'll be fine. The girls are fun, the smaller gogos I found better then the big & glamorous ones like Crystal Palace (loads of girls but little interaction)

All speak perfect English with an American twang... Friendly country but I prefer Thailand!

I didn't have time but if you are in AC for a while take a trip to Subic. If your going around Philippines I recommend Bohol, beautiful scenery.

Hope it helps... Only back a week & I miss Asia!

Generally Angeles is pretty safe - certainly no cops kicking around after any kick backs (at least never in my experience - been there 4 times in the past 10 yrs).

the girls there are safe - they generally wont rip you off as you know where they work. use the in room safes for your cash/credit cards - stash your wallet in there straight away when you get back (dont worry about this looking like you dont trust them - as long as you're nice to them they dont give a shit.

I prefer Angeles to Pattaya a hundred times over - sweet genuine girls that you can actually communicate with (I speak/read/write Thai - I actually mean "communicate", not just bar chat with).

Bohol - a great suggestion - only been once, but is is beautiful - personally love Boracay as well - quite commercial but a stunning beach - one of best in Asia!

Go - you wont regret it! ;)

Angeles is a fun place, been there twice. I woz in Cebu last week, also fun.

The drinx are much cheaper in Angeles than in Thailand, lady drinx included. I agree that the smaller bars are more fun than the big glitzy ones. Near Paradise Beach hotel is a strip of BBBJ bars which are open 24 hours, 700 pesos I believe to receive a smoke, u can also upgrade to a shag if you want and pay 1000 pesos which wud b about 15 squid. At the top end of that long road towards the airport and Korea Town is an area of small bars (called Perimeter zone) which are open early afternoon. Foxy's is always a good bet. On the way to Perimeter down a dusty side street are 2 very good BBBJ bars called Rio and the one next door, also open afternoons.

One word of warning - NEVER take a street walker. Police scams are rife in Angeles. What typicaly happens is that you take a streetwalker back to your hotel room and she asks if a friend can come round briefly to use your shower. The friend may look to be over 18 but just as she comes out of the shower, the police arrive at your door and check her ID and discover she is a minor. If you dont pay the police off immedi8ly you are really in the shit. The amount they want is well over 1000 squid.

It is also a good idea not to stray too far off the main drag, especially if you r semi-ratassed. Muggings are not uncommon.

The big problem with Angeles is that the town is a shithole. Get a hotel with a swimming pool. I stayed at Clarksons a very well-run German owned place with good morning and evening buffets. The only other place to hang during the day is the shopping mall. Food in Angeles is generally shite as in the rest of the country. Enjoy