division72

Time to say goodbye

70 posts in this topic

It is with deep regret that I have to say goodbye to all of you and also to the world of prostitution. I am no longer able to continue as I have allowed by hobby to become an obsession. Couple that with my dependancy on alcohol, and you may understand why I have to quit.

I entered into this nearly two years ago, seeking to lose my virginity as a 26 year old male. I met a lovely woman, who went onto to become my regular. I visited other places as well, Funplace and HOD. However it was with my regular that I had the most contact.

My problem was that I had nothing else in my life. Outside of my immediate family and work colleagues, I had no friends. I became reliant on this woman, and, in my fragile emotional state, allowed her to become an obsession if mine.

The last two weeks have been very difficult for me. The woman resisted any contact, and on Monday my obsession took over when I tried to see her at her place three times in one day. The sudden realisation that she had no interest in me forced me to return home, with thoughts of crashing my car on the way, and got worse when I considered slashing my wrists.

In the thros of uncontrollable crying, I admitted everything to my parents. The prostitution, and the issues with alcohol that I have had for the past 10 years. I was lucky they were understanding. I now write this, with a doctors appointment this afternoon, and the serious belief that I will be diagnosed with depression.

I do not write this as a sympathy note, merely to serve as a warning to those who are already involved in, or who may be considering getting involved in prostitution. None can explain the emotional destruction that this business can deliver to you, your complete lack of respect for a woman's feelings. Only your (and my) self-centred, and vacuous interest in instant gratification.

So, that is my soul bared. I would finally like to add, that I have met some people along the way that I have enjoyed sharing my time with. Members of this board (Kinky1956, Amy, nptonguy, oldmoor and too many others to mention) and also some of the girls (everyone at Funplace, and Chloe at HOD) that I hope will look after themselves.

I may be back at some point, perhaps to read some of the comments from this post. But I feel only walking away will help me to resolve my problems.

Take care all.

Chris.

We wish you well and thank you for posting in such a difficult time for you, keep your head up and take all the advice comming your way, you are not the first or alone, just take it easy on your journey, all the very best to you sir.

It is with deep regret that I have to say goodbye to all of you and also to the world of prostitution. I am no longer able to continue as I have allowed by hobby to become an obsession. Couple that with my dependancy on alcohol, and you may understand why I have to quit.

I entered into this nearly two years ago, seeking to lose my virginity as a 26 year old male. I met a lovely woman, who went onto to become my regular. I visited other places as well, Funplace and HOD. However it was with my regular that I had the most contact.

My problem was that I had nothing else in my life. Outside of my immediate family and work colleagues, I had no friends. I became reliant on this woman, and, in my fragile emotional state, allowed her to become an obsession if mine.

The last two weeks have been very difficult for me. The woman resisted any contact, and on Monday my obsession took over when I tried to see her at her place three times in one day. The sudden realisation that she had no interest in me forced me to return home, with thoughts of crashing my car on the way, and got worse when I considered slashing my wrists.

In the thros of uncontrollable crying, I admitted everything to my parents. The prostitution, and the issues with alcohol that I have had for the past 10 years. I was lucky they were understanding. I now write this, with a doctors appointment this afternoon, and the serious belief that I will be diagnosed with depression.

I do not write this as a sympathy note, merely to serve as a warning to those who are already involved in, or who may be considering getting involved in prostitution. None can explain the emotional destruction that this business can deliver to you, your complete lack of respect for a woman's feelings. Only your (and my) self-centred, and vacuous interest in instant gratification.

So, that is my soul bared. I would finally like to add, that I have met some people along the way that I have enjoyed sharing my time with. Members of this board (Kinky1956, Amy, nptonguy, oldmoor and too many others to mention) and also some of the girls (everyone at Funplace, and Chloe at HOD) that I hope will look after themselves.

I may be back at some point, perhaps to read some of the comments from this post. But I feel only walking away will help me to resolve my problems.

Take care all.

Chris.

I wish you well, I hope you find peace of mind soon. It sounds a cliche but part of tackling the problem is realising you have one in the first place. Good luck, make sure you have plenty of support and keep your friends around.

Writing your farewell post is a clear indication to me that all is not indeed lost and that with the right help and support you will return to a worthwhile and fulfilling life. Lots of people get lost as they mature and clearly you are young enough to start again on a new path and find happiness.

My solemn words of advice at this point in your recovery is not to confuse happiness with pleasure. They are different emotions and you have perhaps come unstuck by seeking happiness by pursuing pleasure through alcohol and casual sex, when what you were really seeking was respect and love.

You will get there have no fear.

Good luck!

Take care all.

Chris.

Take care of yourself Chris; hope you find some peace within yourself.

I suppose it's a sad truth that punting, like alcohol, can have a devestating effect on certain individuals, even though the majority can enjoy it like any other hobby. Unfortunately, it seems you're one of those individuals. But at least you've realised it. Sounds like you've taken the first, but very important step to getting your life back on track. The fact that you've got very supportive parents will be invaluable. Hopefully the G.P. will open the door to other professionals who can help. Always remember things will get better with time. All the best for the future.

Take care all.

Chris.

Well done for facing up to your 'problems' and realising that you have one. For most that is the biggest hurdle. Talking to your parents was very brave of you, but also a very wise move. Having people in your life who are aware of your issues and who can help you move forwards is very important.

Good luck.

Chris, a very brave post ....

I wish you all the best, you have been to hell and back already with your emotions but I like other believe that you have just started the recovery process. Dealing with addiction be it Alcohol or Sex or worse is a hard road but with help and support of your family I really believe that you will be able to get through this and come out the other side stronger and wiser .

You may well be surprised and make new life friends along the way.

Remember always that your own life is very precious and that there is no quick fix just a series of new decisions that will see you a bit at a time get back on a level platform and from there be able to rebuild your life.

best wishes Dan

Goodbye Chris, and I sincerely wish you well for your future. With help & support I hope you will find the path that brings you true happiness. You are young enough to make positive changes to your life and to have many years to enjoy that life.

Chris.

Good luck Chris - take some solice in knowing that your words may well make some of us take stock of our own situation

Good luck, Chris.

But...

Smoking can be addictive

Food can be addictive

Drugs can be addictive

Shopping can be addictive

Drink can be addictive

Gambling can be addictive

Reading can be addictive

Exercise can be addictive

Punting can be addictive

Love can be addictive

And... no really worthwhile live... is going to avoid all of those. And a fair number of people can indulge in most of those activities without reaching the point of damaging addiction.

On balance I think for most people punting is safer and healthier than drink, drugs or gambling. And I profoundly disagree with your view that punting necessarily implies (or leads to) a complete disregard for the service providers feelings.

Take care all.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear of this, it is very good that you have recognised a problem, and hopefully with the right professional help you will recieve- you can hopefully move on and learn from this. it must be difficult period for you- but you are lucky that you have your parents help and hopefully some very good friends. Also, much better to talk openly about things, as it is no good to bottle problems up. Keep your chin up and try think positive.

I wish you well, and everything will be ok. xxxx

Hi Chris,

Goodluck in the future, wishing you well

Good Luck Chris

Recognising you have a problem is already a big step to recovery.

PM me with your number if you ever want to talk.

Chris, I wish you good luck for the future but a guy of 28 should not have to rely on prostitutes, I am an old bastard who likes young girls so I have little choice.

You may do better to go down the route of dating sites, at your age you need a relationship rather than paid sex.

All the best.;);)

JRC

Chris, I wish you good luck for the future but a guy of 28 should not have to rely on prostitutes, I am an old bastard who likes young girls so I have little choice.

You may do better to go down the route of dating sites, at your age you need a relationship rather than paid sex.

All the best.:)

JRC

Jimmy, if you consider yourself an 'old B' then you can still use your own advice and go down the route of dating sites- age irelevant.

All due respect to you, but in a time like this, I don't think he wants to hear that, even though you mean well. :cool::rolleyes::P.

All the best.:)

JRC

Jimmy, if you consider yourself an 'old B' then you can still use your own advice and go down the route of dating sites- age irelevant.

All due respect to you, but in a time like this, I don't think he wants to hear that, even though you mean well. :cool::rolleyes::P.

I think Jimmy is giving out some good avice here. Dating sites do not really cater for old bastards that like to shag young girls so Tash I don't think your suggestion is valid in Jimmy's case - plus I doubt Jimmy wants a relationship.

I would also like to say that in these situations, sometimes what one wants to hear is rather irrelevant to what one needs to hear.

I can see where both of you are coming from. I think he should be "looking" for a relationship rather than prostitutes, but maybe not just yet. Seems to me he has a few hurdles to get over first, and by the sound of his post he will get over them.

All the best.

JRC

I think Jimmy is giving out some good avice here. Dating sites do not really cater for old bastards that like to shag young girls so Tash I don't think your suggestion is valid in Jimmy's case - plus I doubt Jimmy wants a relationship.

Clarence, you are spot on, I am too old and too set in my ways to seek a relationship -------- plus I don't fancy old women. :cool::D

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences Chris. Good you have recognised the problem and getting sorted. :P

Look on the bright side and look forward to a new life forgetting the past, move on and learn from this. :)

Try dating, a regular girlfriend, try dating agency and keep your chin up and try to think positive.:o

At your age 27, time is a good healer and I wish you well for the future. Find some new fillyes at a Gym, at Clubs etc to share other intersts, your sexual needs will be fulfilled one way or another. Best of luck - keep cool. :cool:

I would also like to say that in these situations, sometimes what one wants to hear is rather irrelevant to what one needs to hear.

I understand what your saying Clarence, but in a state of depression/suicide/problems, the last thing anyone would be looking for is any relationship with the opposite sex.

I understand what your saying Clarence, but in a state of depression/suicide/problems, the last thing anyone would be looking for is any relationship with the opposite sex.

Yes you are quite right there but I assumed that Jimmy meant that after the OP had resolved his other problems, then was the time to seek a relationship and not paid sex.

Assumption is the mother of all evil as they say :cool:

I have felt depressed on occasions but that never stopped me from looking at women or wanting sex. Am I sick?

Not at all, just that HE seems to be really troubled at the moment and I don't think having a relationship which could fail, would not help.

Did we not have a very similar thread with a very similar story only recently? The problem seems to be quite common.

I don't recall, but you're probably right. At the end of the day, for whatever the reasons, Punting is either for you or it isn't. And as in in anything in life, work, relationships etc, if it's causing so much pain then get out.