Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sarah Summers

Prostitute Kills Punter In Leeds

68 posts in this topic

Wrong.

Smackhead kills punter in Leeds is what the newspapers sshould have said.

She was NOT a prostitute. She was not a sex worker. She was a drug addict doing anything to get her fix. Once again we ladies bear the brunt of some drug addled mindless twat.

Fucking angry of Leeds.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story as they say.............

Very shoddy journalism, the defining character of the offence is intense paranoid schizophrenia.

the defining character of the offence is intense paranoid schizophrenia.

That's probably a good description of the journalist too :lol:

Wrong.

She was NOT a prostitute. She was not a sex worker. She was a drug addict doing anything to get her fix. Once again we ladies bear the brunt of some drug addled mindless twat.

Fucking angry of Leeds.

Have you written to the editor of the rag who printed this shit?

Very shoddy journalism, the defining character of the offence is intense paranoid schizophrenia.

Journalism is a very shoddy profession these days.

its not the journalist who said she is a prostitute, its the person or persons who made up the headlines of the story.

The journalist said she was pcked up in Bradford, and had been the victim of sexual abuse and exploitation.

Though I agree with the posts that it is shocking, but sadly the papers know that that is the headlines that people want to read, and deliver that point of view to sell more copies.

"Abused woman who told she heard voices, is held in Rampton after Killing"...is not so sensational.

I think the papers assume the same of us as we do of them!.

You are right, even if the headline shocks and offends us it does make us read the story.

The underlying 'problem' here is that she ended up as a 'care in the community' case which I sure we all know in reality means no care. The 'scandal' as I see it is how many innocent people have suffered since that cost cutting measure was introduced.

It definately is for the nationals. But then, wasn't it always the case :(

Actually, it is a small minority who work for the red tops who have dragged the profession down, through their lies, greed and sneior management who had their heads up their arses. I've dealt with national newspaper journalists in a professional capacity, and some were very good, others worse than a squashed turd on your shoe.

There are a large number of honest, decent hard-working journalists around who don't have to distort the truth, working both in newspapers and magazines.

You are right, even if the headline shocks and offends us it does make us read the story.

The underlying 'problem' here is that she ended up as a 'care in the community' case which I sure we all know in reality means no care. The 'scandal' as I see it is how many innocent people have suffered since that cost cutting measure was introduced.

I can't find the story haven't followed the news lately, what paper is it in. I think many people think care in the community is actually doing something. Families of some mothers do ave em, and communities very much want to avoid responsibility, blame the victim, and believe the problem is biological, and scapegoat, so we're left with a belief in the care system which is awful compared to better Euro nations. At least she can't get her hands on an assault rifle, still.

If she was a smackhead then there is a high chance she was a prostitute. Drugs like that kind of lead down the path to sex for money then unfortunatley sex for a bag of smack if what you read is correct. Ergo she was a prostitute if she was already down this path or has been in the past. Whatever a persons reasons having sex for money is prostitution, now matter how we compartmentalise it. The difference is being a a professional one (and by that I mean free choice, attitude etc).

You are all correct though, the papers will grab any little tenious link or string to up the sensationalism

If she was a smackhead then there is a high chance she was a prostitute. Drugs like that kind of lead down the path to sex for money then unfortunatley sex for a bag of smack if what you read is correct. Ergo she was a prostitute if she was already down this path or has been in the past. Whatever a persons reasons having sex for money is prostitution, now matter how we compartmentalise it. The difference is being a a professional one (and by that I mean free choice, attitude etc).

You are all correct though, the papers will grab any little tenious link or string to up the sensationalism

And if it were a bloke who'd used the services of prostitutes I'm sure they'd dig around and use that as a headline grabber, not.

And if it were a bloke who'd used the services of prostitutes I'm sure they'd dig around and use that as a headline grabber, not.

of course they wouldn't. Prostitute guarantees that the person will receive little or no sympathy from the general public I think.

Prostitute guarantees that the person will receive little or no sympathy from the general public I think.

I don't think that's true at all. If I could help a street walker I would and I certainly wouldn't seek sex from her. Some things we cannot solve but I'm sure given the facts people empathise. Thanks to Belle De Jour and such like there is a differential out there. Until I saw Belle De Jour I hadn't a clue there could be fun involved in buying sex.

of course they wouldn't. Prostitute guarantees that the person will receive little or no sympathy from the general public I think.

I also disagree with this comment, to suggest the general public has no sympathy for a street walker is sadly wrong, I have helped people through my role as support worker for many years, and if the person is none violent, they always get the treatment of respect and support from many charities, and other folk if a difficult situation.

to say that a prostitute is any differant from anyone else is to castigate them which is wrong on so many levels, and though some take this attitude, many people see the person first, and what they do secondly.

Yes guys but thats us! I am not talking about people who know what this industry is really about or the charities who help the victims of it as there are victims of it. I am talking about ordinary mrs cadooly sitting at her kitchen table with her mates for coffee... they will take a dimmer view of the woman because they have labelled her a WG. And Mr cadooly may well have every sympathy for the woman in question but if asked his opinion in front of coffee morning group by the mrs how likely is he to say "well i have every respect for prostitutes and the happiness they bring to the many" xx

I have experienced first hand what "the neighbours" think and how they really treat someone whom they suspect in this industry and even the people who visit them who dont even live near there...because its juicy gossip believe me, and the treatment is not pretty and there is little intelligent thought behind the attitudes either.

Yes guys but thats us! I am not talking about people who know what this industry is really about or the charities who help the victims of it as there are victims of it. I am talking about ordinary mrs cadooly sitting at her kitchen table with her mates for coffee... they will take a dimmer view of the woman because they have labelled her a WG. And Mr cadooly may well have every sympathy for the woman in question but if asked his opinion in front of coffee morning group by the mrs how likely is he to say "well i have every respect for prostitutes and the happiness they bring to the many" xx

I have experienced first hand what "the neighbours" think and how they really treat someone whom they suspect in this industry and even the people who visit them who dont even live near there...because its juicy gossip believe me, and the treatment is not pretty and there is little intelligent thought behind the attitudes either.

She's a bitter old shrew that Mrs Cadooly isn't she?

How is it our fault her wrinkled stockings, facial hair, warts and that slightly pongy smell that old ladies have when they are becoming incontinent, is putting her OH off sex, and is it our fault he is lying to her about how he feels about those pretty young things she bitches about.

One thing I know for certain most of those bitter gossiping types secretly wanted to be one of us...lol

Your right though Chloe. In general the worst thing a woman can be is a prostitute in the eyes of many, which is the very reason the press obsess about it and use it to label those of us that are unfortunate in life.

Edited by Holly Maddison

Wrong.

Fucking angry of Leeds.

Sarah I'm sorry but when I read a headline like that all I think is 'there but for the grace of god go I'.

I agree that its wrong anyone gets labelled in this way and drug addled she may be, but don't think my feelings would stretch that far I felt the need to use colourful language about her. I just find situations like this very sad and everyone involved is a victim. Its not her that's at fault, but the drugs and the pushers IMHO, its their fault (and the press) that we get labels as a result of things like this.

Sarah I'm sorry but when I read a headline like that all I think is 'there but for the grace of god go I'.

I agree that its wrong anyone gets labelled in this way and drug addled she may be, but don't think my feelings would stretch that far I felt the need to use colourful language about her. I just find situations like this very sad and everyone involved is a victim. Its not her that's at fault, but the drugs and the pushers IMHO, its their fault (and the press) that we get labels as a result of things like this.

To be honest some go into it with their eyes wide open knowing what will become of them when the deadly drug gets hold of them but for some reason thinking they will be the only one it wont get a grip on. So many get onto those drugs at such a young age though or without any knowledge of what they can really do to them even nowadays that I do feel for them. If you have not witnessed or lived with people on class a drugs then its hard to imagine just how deep they fall. I dont like to be around them though because they are what they are. You can't help them till they are at the bottom of their own barrel and want the help. Its banging your head off a wall and you come off worst. I agree though, there for the grace of god go all of us. Any one of us and that includes the guys here, could have taken one wrong turn in life, or made one decision too stupid at an age where we didnt have a clue (but thought we did) and it could be us in that position.

Actually, it is a small minority who work for the red tops who have dragged the profession down, through their lies, greed and sneior management who had their heads up their arses. I've dealt with national newspaper journalists in a professional capacity, and some were very good, others worse than a squashed turd on your shoe.

There are a large number of honest, decent hard-working journalists around who don't have to distort the truth, working both in newspapers and magazines.

Perhaps, I don't work with the press on a regular basis and my only long term exposure to journalists was that an ex girlfriend is one. I don't doubt for a minute that there are honest hard working journos earning an honest crust. However the popular pressin the UK is the red tops and even though as you suggest it is only a minority, the rot has spread from the top down in ths case and in doing so has damaged the reputation of the 4th estate. Which in my opinion will take. a long time to repair.

...Its not her that's at fault, but the drugs and the pushers IMHO, its their fault

No Holly, it's our fault; all us parents who fail to give our kids the self confidence needed to say "No thanks, just not interested." I cringe when I remember how close one of my daughters came to regular drug use; all because I (and her mother) knew sod all about parenting. And we still press our children to get A-level physics instead understanding themselves and the people around them. What a mess.

Happy New Year

At times you cant understand why people use class A drugs, then you hear some of the tales people tell and you. and you just shake your head at the thought and pray that none of your family or firends have to go through the same.

And of course there are those who get hooked without even knowing the drug is in their foood or drink, that turns them into using it for dependancy for a while.

We are quick to judge but not so fast in offering help, its easy to sit back and blame society, or bad parenting, as much as it is for people to turn to these drugs in the first place.

I know what Chloe means about having to cope with someone who has a dependancy, be it Glue, Alchohol, Drugs, whatever it is, the hell people go through, and route they take you down, is further than is safe to go on, your life and theirs is put at risk, and after what is seen as a bit of a high, is then seen as needing to use something to just get on some even plain, as the rest of the time they are a wrecked shell.

Wrong.

Fucking angry of Leeds.

But if she was working as, or known as a prostitute then it seems only fitting to describe her as such, the facts are facts. People from all walks of life are capable of killing so why should you think it reflects any more badly on you, it's not like you are in the spotlight. In fact, your identiy per se is presumably hidden from the people who are closest to you, so you should really have less to be concerned about.

I would have thought the act of killing another human being would take care of that. Also, I'd be interested to know what you mean by 'a free choice.'

Edited by JonnyCab