Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

Edinburgh news: calls for ban of p4p (again!)

7 posts in this topic

Call for outright ban on the sale of sex in city saunas

funny that the headline says ban of sale of sex when it is a ban of buying sex that they call for

funny that the headline says ban of sale of sex when it is a ban of buying sex that they call for

Interesting. As I understand it the saunas in Edinburgh pay an "entertainments" licence fee to the local council and as such are left alone, save for the odd visit from the police to ensure the girls are well treated and not forced into doing anything they don't want to do.

To me, this is the ideal relationship between police and WGs.

Better not ban it, this is my city and from what I've seen I've never seen a girl forced and so it my view at least it works. Infact, the Saunas have health workers and stuff visit to talk to the girls to make sure there ok and there isn't anything they can do to help.

Making it illegal would just be silly.

I think this would just cause more and more problems.

Personally I think a lot of those calling for the ban are hypocrites, but that is just my own personal view.

Interesting. As I understand it the saunas in Edinburgh pay an "entertainments" licence fee to the local council and as such are left alone, save for the odd visit from the police to ensure the girls are well treated and not forced into doing anything they don't want to do.

To me, this is the ideal relationship between police and WGs.

i was at the executive on rose st years ago the girl told me the police would come to get tea or coffee .

And it seems that kerb crawling wasnt an offence until a year ago, strange.

Evening News Comment

THE campaign to amend the Sexual Offences Scotland Bill to include a clause making it illegal to pay for sex is well intended, but on closer examination misguided.

While it may reek of double standards that a blind eye is effectively turned to those who seek sex in saunas, while kerb crawlers are prosecuted, such a move threatens to drive underground what is a relatively well-controlled sector of the sex trade