Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ik8133

Alternative To The Gum Clinic?

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there was any alternatives to getting checked out at the GUM Clinic?

I have private healthcare through my work, has anybody used this route to having a check-up, or will they just refer you to the GUM Clinic anyway?

Not sure i would want to use work healthcare, even though it should be confidential - besides, you will need GP referral letter so that probably fucks it.

GUMs are OK, and you can even make an appointment at some and they are very professional - i get myself checked regularly even though there's never been any real need as I don't take stupid risks.

The other alternative is private but that could be expensive.

Edited by raylondoner

Not sure i would want to use work healthcare, even though it should be confidential - besides, you will need GP referral letter so that probably fucks it.

GUMs are OK, and you can even make an appointment at some and they are very professional - i get myself checked regularly even though there's never been any real need as I don't take stupid risks.

The other alternative is private but that could be expensive.

ive checked. its hundreds of pounds.

http://www.moorgatemd.co.uk/private-std-clinics/gum-clinic/

other GUM checks are available. I havent used these people so this is not a reccomendation. Caveat emptor.

i get myself checked regularly even though there's never been any real need as I don't take stupid risks.

Thank you Raylondoner, can you please advise on the "stupid risks"? I'm presuming that you mean not partaking in OWO, RO and god forbid BB?

Thank you Raylondoner, can you please advise on the "stupid risks"? I'm presuming that you mean not partaking in OWO, RO and god forbid BB?

BB

BB

Thanks, Raylondoner, that's reassuring that you haven't had any problems indulging in OWO and RO. I'm quite an inexperienced punter (just the twice) so need all the reassurance I can get!

Ring up your local GUM clinic. They will offer you an appointment that’s miles away from now. Ask them any place else you can go and they will then tell you to try local neighbouring clinics. Then say well what about private. They will give you details of local doctors who operate at private hospitals like BUPA etc.

Ring up your local GUM clinic. They will offer you an appointment that’s miles away from now. Ask them any place else you can go and they will then tell you to try local neighbouring clinics. Then say well what about private. They will give you details of local doctors who operate at private hospitals like BUPA etc.

Thank you currry, usefull info there.

Your GU clinics here are open to anyone, no questions. They give you a random reference no, and in my case only contacted me by txt. They give out free meds if needed. I go quite regularly, as is much less hassle than the alternative.

and free condoms, even ask you what size!

Hi, I have read your post and would like to suggest that there are many clinics which could help you out in London.