Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aussiecrocsss

Patpong

10 posts in this topic

I just strolled down Patpong..wow has this gone off boil. Soi Thaniya more interesting. Guess Patpong on its last legs. Frankly the whole place seems....lacklustre and a bit sad. Not like I've ever really indulged, but the 'tourists' are getting uglier and (i think)the talent fading, at least at street level. I suppose Thailand is getting wealthier and the west poorer and this will all eventually converge, as it did in Soapland, etc.

Other than weather, why leave London really?

Ahh don't say that I haven't experience Thailand yet, your disillusioning me :P

@ aussie , Patpong is not what it was and on my last two or three trips I didn't bother to visit . Check into the WSG , Bangkok thread while you are out there to pick up the best spots from the guys who live there . In answer to your question , " why leave London really " it,s a damn site cheaper for punting but you have to put in the research before you travel . There's a girl , right next to you , and she's just waiting for something to do . :) have a good time

@ aussie , Patpong is not what it was and on my last two or three trips I didn't bother to visit . Check into the WSG , Bangkok thread while you are out there to pick up the best spots from the guys who live there . In answer to your question , " why leave London really " it,s a damn site cheaper for punting but you have to put in the research before you travel . There's a girl , right next to you , and she's just waiting for something to do . :) have a good time

The death knell for Patpong rang when the night market took over and make Patpong 1 virtually impassible. The Japanese-only bars drew many of the better looking gals two or three streets to the west and all that was left is/was cheap sleaze and it has been that way for over 10 years. And it's a shame. When I first visited Bangkok, NEP was in its infancy and I had never heard of it - Patpong 1 and Patpong 2 were NIRVANA! Of course, that way back in the Dark Ages, in days of old when knights were bold and condoms hadn't been invented! :ph34r:

Ahh don't say that I haven't experience Thailand yet, your disillusioning me :P

Do NOT be dispirited! Nana Entertainment Plaza flirted with the same fate in recent years but apparently is being reborn, though I still will need to see it to believe it. And Soi Cowboy, however 'yesterday', is still a great place to fraternise with the natives and make assignations for the night. The Japanese Influence definitely has distorted the market (though the weaknesses of Sterling and the USDollar has exacerbated this situation) and the growing numbers of other Asian sex tourists hasn't helped but you can still find VFM there if you are prepared to depend on more than your charm to woo the natives.

Being new to this board, you will find a cadre of aging members here who balk at paying anything more than B1,000 for ST and B2,000 for LT but, like the dodo, their day has passed. Just remember to cover your tatts and leave your Union Jack y-fronts at home, keep an open mind and your sense of humour and you will be fine. :P

Edited by Tiggy 7

Thanks for the comments gents! Believe it or not, I'm not here punting, just on hols for a week taking In some surf and city. My observations were superficial at best.

A local friend here confirms exactly what Tiggy said: the rise of Asia is indeed crowding out the rankings, while the flow of Europeans (and even Americans) has faded somewhat. Interestingly, demand for locals learning English is exploding, especially at corporate levels.

Anyway, his opinion, aside from Japanese, Thai locals places in Bangkok still get top cuts and better to be brave and go off piste from the English-speaking comfort zones. From what I gather, they will mostly allow farangs, just charge a bit more and it helps to know some Thai. Ratchadaphisek Rd, etc. I went to Poseidon once 6 years ago, my first fishbowl experience, I thought the girls were very attractive. I was way too nervous to actually order anything, ah so young....

I would have to guess there is a network of Thai-Chinese that services this epic nouveau riche clientele arriving in hoardes from the Mainland. I was in Phuket earlier in the week, and wow, I heard more Mandarin than English. Still heard some German...and plenty of Russian.

Right, on that, I shall head out for the day, starting with a solid Thai massage. At a going rate of £5, this must be the best VFM option of all ;)

Happy New Year!

I have just returned from a month in Thailand - not punting!

I was down soi 4 off Sukhumvit on Thursday night, a few bars and girls on the street.

Also noticed girls on the Sukhumvit road between Nana and Asok stations who were not waiting for a bus.

Looking at the farang punters, a lot of them middelaged, overweight, shorts, tattoos, shaven heads, face metal and I thought what a bunch of sad losers.

The only way they'll get women is to pay for it.

Up in Chiang Mai the farangs looked a sad, seedy-looking bunch

Spok.

I have just returned from a month in Thailand - not punting!

I was down soi 4 off Sukhumvit on Thursday night, a few bars and girls on the street.

Also noticed girls on the Sukhumvit road between Nana and Asok stations who were not waiting for a bus.

Looking at the farang punters, a lot of them middelaged, overweight, shorts, tattoos, shaven heads, face metal and I thought what a bunch of sad losers.

The only way they'll get women is to pay for it.

Up in Chiang Mai the farangs looked a sad, seedy-looking bunch

Spok.

Interesting that you see one thing and the Thais see quite another. The Thais have a completely different attitude toward their elders, whether male or female, and Thai maidens are no different than the other members of their family in this respect. As for those who go into sex work, you will find that they are considerably more interested in the contents of your wallet than the contents of your passport. You may feel like a handsome young stud and expect the Thai maidens to salivate at the very sight of you but, if your really only knew, they would be even happier if you were a wizened old Japanese gentleman - they definitely have a yen for the Yen in contemporary Thailand. In any case, most of those maidens very likely have a Thai boyfriend somewhere in the vicinity with whom they bonk for pleasure - you are just another horny punter, regardless of age and six-pack torso, and probably one with whom they are going to have to work a lot harder and for less recompense. 'Tis the way of the world. :P

Yes, Tiggy, I know I am just a wallet on legs. :D

Spock

Yes, Tiggy, I know I am just a wallet on legs. :D

Spock

If your wallet is big enough, you can even leave your Union Jack singlet at home. :D