Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raylondoner

1 Tb, Is It Really Necessary?

10 posts in this topic

Excuse my ignorance, but it does seem rather large for non-business use, no?

Let me get this in first please , someones gonna say it , " 1 Tb or not Tb , that is the question "

Excuse my ignorance, but it does seem rather large for non-business use, no?

I'd tend to agree but what seems to have happened is that due to improved manufacturing techniques / volumes etc you're probably paying less now for a 1 Tb HDD than you did for an 80 GB drive 10 years ago and what will hold a lot will hold a little.

I do know some people who have film fettishes and will fill one or more of these drives downloading any and every movie they can tho'

If the thought of a 1 Tb drive is too much, get partition magic and partition it into several smaller drives which is good for backing up data in case your OS goes tits up and you need to reinstall windows.

The price between 1TB or 500GB was 20 quid for my freesat box... Course I went for the 1TB.....

And with the amount of ripped DVDs and music on my PC... 1TB isnt looking as good enough ;)

Depends what you are going to use the PC/Laptop/storage device for.

HD video content takes up a lot of space.

oh for the days of 8K pets from commodore and 128k on a floppy

The price between 1TB or 500GB was 20 quid for my freesat box... Course I went for the 1TB.....

And with the amount of ripped DVDs and music on my PC... 1TB isnt looking as good enough ;)

I would go along with this. I also download a lot of films and tv series and am now wishing that I had a 2TB as in less than a year I have nearly filled my 1TB. Always best to have something bigger than is necessary.