Claire

My New Year's Resolution.

30 posts in this topic

Ladies, Gents, and those yet to be categorised. Lend me a moment of your time if you will?

It's almost the beginning of a new year, and it's that time when one re-evaluates one's life and decides what to take forward into the future. We girls tend to resolve that we'll lose weight - no chance of me deciding that, thankyou very much! But I have decided to shed something rather heavy...

...my Mod boots.

Thanks for the good times, balls to the bad times, and all that jazz. See you on the other side!

My New Years resolution this year is to have more fun next year. Heaven knows I need it after the year I've just had.

Hope everyone has a good one.

xxx

I have decided to shed something rather heavy...

...my Mod boots.

Thanks for all your work helping to keep the site running smoothly - you will be missed in the Moderator's Executive Lounge xx

You will indeed be missed in the Moderator's lounge :(

Now look forward to see you posting with no shackles :cool:

I'm LOVING that this post has had 56 views and the only people who will miss me are the other Mods! :P :P

C'mon you lot, I know what you're all thinking - why not get it off your chests? Then we can all sail off into the New Year together, the best of friends ;)

Thank you for all you have done with the team, just what you will do with all that free time now you are handing back the keys lord knows!

I'm LOVING that this post has had 56 views and the only people who will miss me are the other Mods! :P :P

C'mon you lot, I know what you're all thinking - why not get it off your chests? Then we can all sail off into the New Year together, the best of friends ;)

Cut out the trolling, you are still under contract for a little longer!

Cut out the trolling, you are still under contract for a little longer!

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I was actually thinking you were getting rid of a pair of mod boots. Ha! I've had wayyyyyy to much alcohol this Christmas, and it's not even over. :)

Good luck for the future Claire.

Hey Claire, I guess it's a job that's best done for a spell and then relinquished. I look forward to a return of some of the more direct and to the point posts of yesteryear that can be found on some older threads round here :D.

Well done for sticking at it so long and thanks for all your efforts in keeping some sanity in this madhouse !

Edited by Kantos Kan

Back to the olden days with Claire without her Mod badge. Well now we can go back to discussing hair in the plughole and envelopes.

Come to think about it we haven't had a towels thread lately either.

Sorry. I was off having my new year punt.... :)

Thanks for all the, errr, Modding? (Is that a word?)

Being a moderator is often a thankless job, and most of the forum users never realise how much is done behind the scenes, as they only see the end result.

I would like to publicly thank Claire for all her work on behalf of our community.

Ladies, Gents, and those yet to be categorised. Lend me a moment of your time if you will?

It's almost the beginning of a new year, and it's that time when one re-evaluates one's life and decides what to take forward into the future. We girls tend to resolve that we'll lose weight - no chance of me deciding that, thankyou very much! But I have decided to shed something rather heavy...

...my Mod boots.

Thanks for the good times, balls to the bad times, and all that jazz. See you on the other side!

Not dieting? Shame on you! Well, I hope you’re going to start posting in earnest again and not retreat into your shell. Have you an eye on likely sparring partners to sharpen your claws on, given the loss of misogynistic cabbies and the like?

Not dieting? Shame on you! Well, I hope you’re going to start posting in earnest again and not retreat into your shell. Have you an eye on likely sparring partners to sharpen your claws on, given the loss of misogynistic cabbies and the like?

Ha. Form an orderly queue and we'll see if I've mellowed in my old age! :D

I know that being a mod can be a lonely and sometimes overwhelming task so thanks to you Claire, and the rest of the team for keeping most of us in order most of the time.

I dont know you Claire and have never spoken to you either but others have spoken of you outside the boards - nothing bad.

I wish you well for the future without your mod boots.

All the best for the future.

I dont know you Claire and have never spoken to you either but others have spoken of you outside the boards - nothing bad.

I wish you well for the future without your mod boots.

All the best for the future.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You weren't looking properly!

But thanks for the well wishes anyway!

By stepping down as a Mod, I hope that doesn't mean we'll loose you to these boards :( Your rapier-like sense of humour is often needed round these parts ^_^

Hi Claire, I think I knew you before you were a mod and you were a lot more active posting back then. I've not really seen you around since I came back to it, so hope to see you around a bit more and that 2013 is a happy and prosperous year for you.

Being a moderator is often a thankless job, and most of the forum users never realise how much is done behind the scenes, as they only see the end result.

I would like to publicly thank Claire for all her work on behalf of our community.

Having worn the mod shoes too, I can wholeheartedly endorse G's observations. It is a job that just has a way of drawing you in. I really enjoyed being a mod, and learned a great deal in the process, but for me, it wasn't something I could sustain indefinitely :o

I hope to see you in chat sometime Claire.

P.S. Isn't it about time JKay was given a long service medal, or a knighthood :P:)

Claire! Have you got a note from your mam excusing you from Games?

Ta ever so for your work.

I'll miss you.

Oh wait, you're not going anywhere and you'll be ruder than you were as a mod.

Give me a minute to decide whether this is a good thing. ;)

Big well done for all your work C - oh but now the shackles of Modom are off you again Lord knows what to expect.