ladyofthemansion

My mate gave me your number.

85 posts in this topic

Am I alone in refusing clients who come out with that? They know nothing about me and they ask me umpteen questions then when I say to them to read my profile they say "My mate gave me your number"

I prefer a guy who has found the advert himself.

What about you ladies?

They may have a point. I can't see any profile.

Am I alone in refusing clients who come out with that? They know nothing about me and they ask me umpteen questions then when I say to them to read my profile they say "My mate gave me your number"

I prefer a guy who has found the advert himself.

What about you ladies?

That is very common! Tell him, that his mate should give a him a web address also, and after looking and reading it properly he can email you if he wish so.

Don't take any excuses that he don't have a computer or cant acess the net. Nobody does in today days, unless he is a cross between ape and porcupine.

I ask them the friends name and location and a couple have been my regulars.

The majority however turn out to be timewasters...When the questions start I refer them to my profile where most of their questions can be answered

Wholeheartedly agree with you here Ladyofthemansion. I do not like giving personal details over the phone and refer the caller to my site.

I have a day job too....Just imagine the look on my colleagues faces if I started answering personal questions :cool:

They may have a point. I can't see any profile.

yes i cant see any profile, i think your sight links to many local parlors in the east end/essex area but i dont know which one is you?:cool:

unless he is a cross between ape and porcupine.

......which would not be very comfortable in bed......:cool:

I have had some very successful meetings due to personal recommendations. It can be very useful if two friends share the same taste in ladies.

I have many clients that have been recommended by mates..... I also have many clients that have told me that they have passed on my number..

A client is a client no matter where they find your number... these could also turn out to be valuable clients :cool:

A client is a client no matter where they find your number... these could also turn out to be valuable clients :P

Bloody right as well. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am amazed she gets any clients with the conditions she imposes --- and I have never been able to find her web-site, sometimes I wonder if she is a WG at all. :cool::confused:

Thank god for that. I thought I was going mental.

Someone is not 100% right that's for sure, but it's not us. :cool::rolleyes:

Let me make something clear. Just because I dont have a profile easily found on this forum, does not mean I do not have one.

That is very common! Tell him, that his mate should give a him a web address also, and after looking and reading it properly he can email you if he wish so.

Don't take any excuses that he don't have a computer or cant acess the net. Nobody does in today days, unless he is a cross between ape and porcupine.

That is exactly what I do. I even try to give the web details myself when I get such calls, but they want me to give out details over the phone instead.

I ask them the friends name and location and a couple have been my regulars.

The majority however turn out to be timewasters...When the questions start I refer them to my profile where most of their questions can be answered

Exactly. That is the point I am trying to make here. The majority are a bunch of timewasters.

Wholeheartedly agree with you here Ladyofthemansion. I do not like giving personal details over the phone and refer the caller to my site.

I have a day job too....Just imagine the look on my colleagues faces if I started answering personal questions :cool:

Nice to hear you say that. The knives in my back just now dont feel so sharp. :P

I have many clients that have been recommended by mates..... I also have many clients that have told me that they have passed on my number..

A client is a client no matter where they find your number... these could also turn out to be valuable clients :cool:

I think I probably did not make myself clear. I just find that the majority of guys who say "My mate gave me your number" turn out to be timewasters. Thats all.

Some guys pass numbers without even a name or description or even what the service is.

Those same guys then make excuses about why they cannot go to a PC and look up details.

Sorry I did not quite get that. Can you make it clearer please.

Oh dear. Are you really bovvered??

That is exactly what I do. I even try to give the web details myself when I get such calls, but they want me to give out details over the phone instead.

I do accept clients that have been passed on by mates.... there is no issues regarding that... however if people are asking for details I also tell them to look at the web as it is in black and white infront of them and much easier to understand than me or an assistant rambling off info over the phone...

Saying that I do give answers to one or two straight forward questions they may have once they have looked at the website... and they are just making clear that they have understood fully what they have read..... if that makes any sense :cool::P

I do accept clients that have been passed on by mates.... there is no issues regarding that... however if people are asking for details I also tell them to look at the web as it is in black and white infront of them and much easier to understand than me or an assistant rambling off info over the phone...

Saying that I do give answers to one or two straight forward questions they may have once they have looked at the website... and they are just making clear that they have understood fully what they have read..... if that makes any sense :cool::)

It does. :P:o

I think I probably did not make myself clear. I just find that the majority of guys who say "My mate gave me your number" turn out to be timewasters. Thats all.

Some guys pass numbers without even a name or description or even what the service is.

Those same guys then make excuses about why they cannot go to a PC and look up details.

I suppose the line 'I got your number from a mate' could be a lie because they can't quite remember where they got the number from.

I wouldn't turn someone away though, because of it. I got a call this morning from a chap and he asked me what I looked like. I said have you not seen my website. He then said he got the number from a mate. You'd think that a mate recommending someone would at least give a brief description of what you looked like :cool:

I suppose the line 'I got your number from a mate' could be a lie because they can't quite remember where they got the number from.

I wouldn't turn someone away though, because of it. I got a call this morning from a chap and he asked me what I looked like. I said have you not seen my website. He then said he got the number from a mate. You'd think that a mate recommending someone would at least give a brief description of what you looked like :cool:

I know. Dorrr!!

You seem to have many terms and conditions before letting a client through the door. I wonder how many other terms and conditions you have once they are through the door. I would have thought that in current climate "if you can get them" then "you should grab them".

Actually, many clients who wish to see me are succesful applicants.

I have not been doing this for very long.

All constructive opinions on here from the ladies are a valuable learning curve for me.

I've only ever had a couple of guys say they've been given my number by a friend. I don't mind personal recommendations but I do always refer them to my website and request that they ring me back after they are satisfied about what they are getting, then they are welcome to book the appointment. I prefer it this way, verbal descriptions are never as good as a recent photo! This is why I only do internet advertising, no newspaper ads.

Let me make something clear. Just because I dont have a profile easily found on this forum, does not mean I do not have one.

Then you clearly have something to hide, most ladies are only too pleased to get some free publicity, this site must have hundreds of lurkers who are potential clients. :cool: