kissxkate

Nerves

63 posts in this topic

I'm starting to think that perhaps I am not normal, as I don't get any nerves at all before a booking. It just doesn't happen and I have read numerous accounts of other SP's who have said they are nervous to begin with.

Are there others like me out there?

I'm starting to think that perhaps I am not normal, as I don't get any nerves at all before a booking. It just doesn't happen and I have read numerous accounts of other SP's who have said they are nervous to begin with.

Are there others like me out there?

Lie back and think of England and enjoy. nerves can ruin a punt.

I suppose it depends what they mean by 'at first'. In the ten minutes before my first ever booking, I'd have run a mile if I'd been fit enough.! But these days I don;t get nervous.

I have never been nervous at all.... not even on my very first booking.

Thank you Claire and Adele. It's quite a relief to hear you say that. I was worried that I would be told that I was a fool not to worry, as you don't know who you are letting in the door etc and perhaps I was missing some kind of defense mechanism. Of course someone can MAKE me nervous, but unless that happens I'm not.

I've been pondering over that for a while, so thanks again.

Lie back and think of England and enjoy. nerves can ruin a punt.

Nerves can ruin a punt but I'd rather she didn't bother than corpse on me.

Nerves can ruin a punt but I'd rather she didn't bother than corpse on me.

or play starfish. Some clients like to play starfish.

Another SP here who was never nervous even on first booking.  It was an outcall but it was a hotel I knew well so I had no problems  in finding it and  knowing where the room was. 

Edited by GoodTimeGal

I was nervous on my first booking but only because I was worried i would forget to do something that was meant to be done and I was worried how to fit everything in without it seeming like it was a checklist. In the end it was a bit but the nerves were gone after a few minutes.

I did start to get a bit nervous latley when someone booked for something I hadnt done yet "this time around" in case I had forgotten how to or lost the knack...all is fine now though, like riding a bike

As someone on the other side of the fence, I've been nervous on all my 5 bookings so far, but have found all the girls to be very confident and take the lead initially and put me at total ease.  I've mainly experienced outcalls so far, which I would imagine would cause you more nerves as you are entering an unknown environment (my hotel room!). I find myself pacing up and down, and can't relax until the knock on the door comes.  After 5-10 mins, there have been no nerves and each time has been fantastic.  I actually found it less nervous on my one and only incall visit, so I'm hoping to do a few more this year, so its good to know you girls are not nervous like me....

Well I still get something at times, not full on nervous, but something......

I always used to say to myself that the day those funny little feelings in my tummy stopped it would be the day I stopped dong all this.

I do not have nerves with those I have met before, but with a bloke who is new to me, I do still get something inside me.

I am not sure if I am nervous though, but there is something that is going on within me.......butterfly tummy time!

I am quite confident most of the time, but sometimes I feel under pressure to be as a bloke expects I am going to be.

Lucy  :)

Well I still get something at times, not full on nervous, but something......

I always used to say to myself that the day those funny little feelings in my tummy stopped it would be the day I stopped dong all this.

I do not have nerves with those I have met before, but with a bloke who is new to me, I do still get something inside me.

I am not sure if I am nervous though, but there is something that is going on within me.......butterfly tummy time!

I am quite confident most of the time, but sometimes I feel under pressure to be as a bloke expects I am going to be.

Lucy  :)

Paul where are you?

Paul where are you?

I'm here but what did I do to elicit such a question?

As for nerves, from a punters point of view, if you are not a little nervous then you should consider entering a monastery. Nerves are part of a good punt!

Hmm have been thinking about this and no I don't get nervous anymore.When i did used to be nervous it was more the buildup and the knock on the door but was always fine once the gentleman entered.Now I don't feel that.Have sometimes felt wary during the first few minutes if the guy's behaviour has been a tad odd.

I suffer from appalling nerves.  I almost fucked up a meeting this morning because I was so anxious, and it took me a while to calm down.  Still not sure if he thought I was doollally.  Once we 'engage' I am fine, but until we do I feel out on a limb and do not know how to deal with that.  I have come to the conclusion that I am just like this and have to get over myself.

I am sometimes nervous with regular clients too but they sort of know me by now.  The nervousness is an unknown quantity.

I certainly used to get nervous..not sure when this changed or why?

Edited by Bibi

I'm quite excited generally and just hope the client will like me:)

I suffer from appalling nerves.  I almost fucked up a meeting this morning because I was so anxious, and it took me a while to calm down.  Still not sure if he thought I was doollally.  Once we 'engage' I am fine, but until we do I feel out on a limb and do not know how to deal with that.  I have come to the conclusion that I am just like this and have to get over myself.

I am sometimes nervous with regular clients too but they sort of know me by now.  The nervousness is an unknown quantity.

just talk, natter natter natter natter natter then move in for the killer snog. It works for me lol although the natter isnt deliberate, it just spills out of my mouth when im in the vacinity of another person 

just talk, natter natter natter natter natter then move in for the killer snog. It works for me lol although the natter isnt deliberate, it just spills out of my mouth when im in the vacinity of another person 

lol you sound like me. The realisation you have a captive audience and woohoo!!! Now Shut up and give me a snog!!! That's usually me telling myself to shut up. I have met a few men who can talk more than me, but not many.

I think working away from home and being fairly isolated, I do look forward to the company and I enjoy getting ready for bookings and looking my best, so it all works to me concentrating on that and not having time to worry. Then there is getting them to me as discreetly as possible, I'm more relieved when they walk through the door unnoticed.

I enjoy being the hostess with the mostess. I'm glad to be able to say I have never felt threatened by a client as yet either and I think that also helps to build up confidence, so I always feel in control.

As for nerves, from a punters point of view, if you are not a little nervous then you should consider entering a monastery. Nerves are part of a good punt!

I used to be nervous, not any more.  Actually, I'd quite like to get more wound up - I think I'm a bit jaded!

I think sometimes people get feelings confused with others.

I think that "butterflies""nervousness" and "anticipation" can all get thrown in to one feeling when, say the guy, is only "excited" at meeting a new girl while the girl is "excited" about meeting a new client hoping that the new client will like her and wont turn around at the door and walk away.

I've always felt nerves. But, you could call it "anticipation" or "nervous excitement". But it would be strange to be totally blasé before a punt as, for me, it's quite an amazing thing.  :)

I think sometimes people get feelings confused with others.

I think that "butterflies""nervousness" and "anticipation" can all get thrown in to one feeling when, say the guy, is only "excited" at meeting a new girl while the girl is "excited" about meeting a new client hoping that the new client will like her and wont turn around at the door and walk away.

I agree with you, the feeling of anticipation is not necessarily the same as nervous. Anticipation is something you get in many different situations. It could be finding out if you got the present you wanted or if you past a test or going out with your friends, where you would anticipate having a good time.

Being nervous is more of a negative feeling, where you are worried or concerned. It's possibly more of a negative energy.

Edited by kissxkate

I often think that going in to a punt is a bit like going in to an important meeting where you have to stand up and deliver to a bunch of people. We all get nervous about the business meeting so getting nervous about a punt seems right to me.