Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thurson

Why Didn't Somebody Warn Me About Bangkok?

27 posts in this topic

Ok, maybe there are a few warnings, but nowhere near enough!!

Just got back to my hotel in Bangkok from an evening in PhatPhong in the company of my OH.

Whilst the OH was perhaps a little bit upset about seeing the amount of girls for sale in the various bars, I myself was positively sickened by the amount of girls for sale that I wasn't going to be able to savour because of being with the OH!! :(  :unsure:  :angry:

Just by passing by a few doors I must have seen at least 80 nearly naked young things dancing on the bars.  I would have been happy with just any two or three of them (tonight at least, anyway).

Ok I had managed to slip out earlier today for a quick HJ in a local massage parlour, but that was a pretty shit HJ anyway, and besides the point.

I am seriously sick right now.  Be warned, trips to Bangkok are not for married men who punt (travelling with their wives anyway)!

Aarrgh!!

What's an 'OH'? Do you mean 'Other Half'?

In any case, see if you can find some excuse to go to Bangkok alone in the future to make up for your missed opportunities this time around!

Edited by Joker

What's an 'OH'?

Other Half; Girlfriend/Wife

'OH' = Other Half'

Couldn't agree more. I once turned down the chance of a 5 day stopover purely on the basis that I was travelling with the Mrs and didn't think I could handle the frustration!

In any case, see if you can find some excuse to go to Bangkok alone in the future to make up for your missed opportunities this time around!

And you think his OH is going to say 'ok dear, you go back to bangkok on your own, I saw how much you enjoyed seeing those other partially clothed young females !!'

And you think his OH is going to say 'ok dear, you go back to bangkok on your own, I saw how much you enjoyed seeing those other partially clothed young females !!'

Which is why I said "see if you can find some excuse..." ;)

How could you possibly take your OH into such a district. You must be loco.

But you've blown it now - she'll know what you're up to if you go there on any pretext.

what to say...

I am sorry this happened to you, but there it is. done.

I had same feelings first evening in BKK, jetlagged, dragged out by colleages into scary places (as I thought then, mid nineties).

but at least I had a rough idea.

Research.

Even when traveling for totally innocent reasons.. RESEARCH.

There is really no excuse to not know what goes on in BKK, or any other busy destination.

Be it for tourism, athletics, work or whoring: RESEARCH before you go.

Whoever takes their OH away to a place like Bangkok, expecting to get any more than strictly marital sex, is clearly very optimistic in my view.

If you don't know what to expect there then you haven't been paying attention on this board.

Doesn't have to be Bangkok.  Just fly somewhere else and then get a connecting flight to Thailand.  When you get back home you can conveniently lose your passport (along with any awkward stamps) on your way back from the airport.  Obviously you're not really going to lose it. 

Enjoy adding another storey to your house of cards.  :D

Doesn't have to be Bangkok.  Just fly somewhere else and then get a connecting flight to Thailand.  When you get back home you can conveniently lose your passport (along with any awkward stamps) on your way back from the airport.  Obviously you're not really going to lose it. 

Enjoy adding another storey to your house of cards.  :D

Why not get 2 passports. It can be done. Then one of them  is for happy "vacances en famille" and the other is for a little "je ne sais quoi!"

Itoo travelled to Thailand with Mrs Lessingham. It was a wonderful sexual supressant in her. Not only was she right royally pissed off with the women out there handing it out, she went into prude mode.

I would say if you don't know what Bangkok is like you would have to be living under a rock lol!

I would say if you don't know what Bangkok is like you would have to be living under a rock lol!

Agree.

But there are a lot of interpretations to "what" bkk is.

some think it is free-market with women excersing power, milking rich farang.

others see a slave trade and sexploitation going on.

a bit of both, mostly.

And I can understand a privileged woman to get upset when confronted with that environment.

So better prepare your wives and daughters before taking them out there (or similar places).

What's an 'OH'? Do you mean 'Other Half'?

You've not been married, have you? :lol:

I guess some men don't like Asian women then, because I've been booked to travel there (and other Asian cities) by clients. ;) As for you going on your own - forget it, men always think they stare secretly, well you don't. Plus I have a Thai friend who lives there and hearing what the majority of the Thai really think of the farang who come and buy sex, well, that would put me off... I also follow the reports of some guys who are obsessed with 'Thaisex' and it seems that BB is pretty much standard.

Edited by randombird

My Uncle goes to Thailand to play golf every year.. Cracks me up as everybody in my family tells me with a straight face.. I never knew Thailand was such a good place to go and play golf!

My Aunt really must not care, though she did exchange their house for a flat last time he went and he was not pleased when he got back :D

There are more places to go than Patpong in fact its a bit of a tourist trap, try sneaking off to Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza, and then there are massage places where you can pretty much forget the massage part and most things go.

I'm so happy I waited till after the divorce to go :)

Ok I had managed to slip out earlier today for a quick HJ in a local massage parlour, but that was a pretty shit HJ anyway, and besides the point.

I am seriously sick right now.  Be warned, trips to Bangkok are not for married men who punt (travelling with their wives anyway)!

I am sure I saw you type that you still manged to see 5 ladies while you were out there with your other half........that right?

Was it on the "end of year accounts thread" ?

Lucy  :)

Oh Dearie Me Lucy !  And I thought you were a Woman of the World ?   ;)

At 400 baht a time, ( at least when I was last there ) it was easy to take numbers 15, 23, 27 and 35 from the line-up and ask them all back to the hotel with a chap (or two ! ) for a night of sexual pleasure, and still be able to lose the amount involved into "petty cash" !   :D

I suppose if it was more than 5 Ladies together, it might just make the "end of year accounts"  :unsure:

Take care, and have a great 2013.

Jack.      :ph34r:

Blimey. Going to Bangkok with the ball and chain is like to going to an all you can eat restaurant after having a gastric band operation.

Still, if you don't know what her opinion is on potential 3 ways then now may be a good time to make such inquiries.

I am sure I saw you type that you still manged to see 5 ladies while you were out there with your other half........that right?

Was it on the "end of year accounts thread" ?

Lucy  :)

Yes, I did see 5 different girls, but this was while I was in Koh Samui.  All in reasonably discrete massage parlours while Mrs T getting a sun tan.  Not all at the same time Jack, but that would certainly have been the temptation in Bangkok, if I only had the opportunity.

What's available in BKK wasn't necessarily a surprise, but what I didn't realise was just how hard it was going to be going around thinking 'yeah, I'd like you, you, then you, and you, oh and bring your friend, then you, you, you...' all whilst the only words allowed out of my mouth were 'yes dear, absolutely shocking'.

How could you possibly take your OH into such a district. You must be loco.

But you've blown it now - she'll know what you're up to if you go there on any pretext.

Exactly, you must have been out of your mind - silly boy ....

Itoo travelled to Thailand with Mrs Lessingham. It was a wonderful sexual supressant in her. Not only was she right royally pissed off with the women out there handing it out, she went into prude mode.

Mrs Lessingham is a treasure!  And I will bet that she has a great sense of humour (in fact, I suspect that she has had little choice).  I enjoy your frequent references to her, which somehow help me to see various things in a different light. :D

Edited by Tiggy 7