mungo

After Dentist

9 posts in this topic

I am going to the dentist to have a broken tooth mended on Monday and have just booked a lady to see after the appointment, not sure if the gums will bleed from the procedure or not. Should I cancel or how long after would it be safe? 

I think, just to be 100% on the safe side for both yourself and the girl, you should cancel and re-arrange the appointment for another time.

I am going to the dentist to have a broken tooth mended on Monday and have just booked a lady to see after the appointment, not sure if the gums will bleed from the procedure or not. Should I cancel or how long after would it be safe? 

I am pretty certain that she will not be interested in kissing you while your gums are bleeding. Even with a mouthful of ice they could go on weeping  for 2/3 hours. I would cancel now and re-book for later in the week. At least if you cancel this afternoon you are giving her the opportunity to get another booking.

Although I'm no dental nurse, I did used to work as a dental receptionist, and the dentist will need to prep and clean the area thoroughly first.  This may cause bleeding, depending on how delicate your gums are.  So as Joker said it's best to re-arrange your booking.

Also if you did need a local anasthetic the effects might not have worn off in time. It would not be much fun kissing a girl if half your mouth is still numb from the anasthetic, and if it has worn off you may still have some discomfort. So best to re-arrange it for another time.

Or refrain from kissing and RO.

What about novocail numbing your mouth? Would you feel anything anyway?

Thanks for advice everyone you all confirmed my thoughts so have rearranged appointment for Thursday.

Thanks for advice everyone you all confirmed my thoughts so have rearranged appointment for Thursday.

Great to hear. It's a good job that your chosen lady was able to accommodate the change in time.