Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LucyDecadentDivas

Post Christmas Punt

6 posts in this topic

As the first few months of a new year are always financially hard with the expenses from Christmas etc how do you guys manage to punt??

Do you punt from your savings?

Think ahead and set a little aside for your Jan/Feb punts?

Account your punting spends as a "bill" the same as your other normal bills?  

The reason I ask is that in the last few days the phone has been going mad with guys asking to book Via credit card, obviously that does not account for all clients that's why I am  intrigued to know how you budget for the early months punts. 

Lucy xx

I try to save over the whole year so I have funds ready when I need to spend them. £10 or £20 on top of a grocery bill on the debit card is an easy way of putting the odd note aside without arousing too much suspicion.

Similar for me, I keep a little aside and drip by drip top it up so I generally have a consistent level to fund my activity without having to suffer a post xmas cold turkey ( no pun intended). I consider myself lucky. As the OH could see my credit card bills, booking via plastic is a no for me

As I only see independent ladies paying by credit card is a non starter plus also credit card could encourage over indulgence. For the last eight months since I started this hobby it has been funded from income but that also can have problems particularly if, as has happened to me, you get carried away with your enthusiasm.

Coincidentally this has been on my mind over Christmas and I had decided to change my modus operandi. I had decided to calm down over the next year and salt away a fixed amount each week in a carefully concealed slush fund. There will undoubtably be impulse purchases but these can be accommodated through normal income.

What are the chances that I will stick to the programme? I wish I knew. :D

Edited by gibbs

I started a fun fund a long time ago, under the tutelage of a chap who took me under his wing, when i first started work. Nothing to do with punting at the time, but came in handy for allsorts, and certainly the last twelve months, came to the fore. So far this year, it has been thwarted completely, but one lives in hope !!!!