MarcoPolo

Questioning HIV/AIDS

12 posts in this topic

One for the Russian roulette fans.

"We can be exposed to HIV many times without being chronically infected. Our immune system will get rid of the virus within a few weeks, if you have a good immune system." - Professor Luc Montagnier, Nobel Prize winner for the co-discovery of HIV.

It seems that many of the accepted "facts" about HIV/AIDS are increasingly being questioned:

http://www.houseofnumbers.com/

Absolutely fascinating; seems deserved (even from the two minute video) of the huge number of awards. Thanks Marco for the post/link:)

V interesting links. Seems like once again, 'experts' are divided into two camps.

Which one(s) to believe?

Perhaps the Prof will come along and tell us what he thinks.

It's amazing what one chooses to believe in!

I guess statiscally, if you cross a road, and don't bother checking for traffic, majority of time, you'll get to the other side without being run over.

Sometimes, you might get knocked over and recover.

Occasionally, a juggernaut might come along and flatten you.

Would you now choose to cross a road blindly ? thinking statiscally most of the time, I will get across safely ?;)

I disagree completely, not interesting at all to me. Seems like another vehicle of half-facts and decontextualized pseudoscience in support of the usual "AIDS doesn't exist it's all a big pharma conspiracy" quackeries.

I am sceptical. I too think that this is dangerous unproven theory, insufficiently supported by empirical evidence. I want to see peer reviewed studies published in reputable academic journals. I want to know details of who funded and sponsored the trial and the statistical methodology employed to conjure up this dataset. In short, I am so far unimpressed.

Well apparently a Crocodile's immune system destroys the HIV virus everytime.

So anyone who's into humping crocs doesnt need to worry about infection :eek::D :D :D

I am sceptical. I too think that this is dangerous unproven theory, insufficiently supported by empirical evidence. I want to see peer reviewed studies published in reputable academic journals. I want to know details of who funded and sponsored the trial and the statistical methodology employed to conjure up this dataset. In short, I am so far unimpressed.

I remember back in the '80s the Sunday Times newspaper was dead against the HIV virus causing AIDS. At that time there was the alternative theory that AIDS was caused very much by drug abuse and of of course gay sex, with the inference that all gay people lived a life of drug taking and other abuse which lowered their immune levels.

Much like one columnist (Booker) in the Telegraph who denies mans cause for global warming, or that even global warming is occuring.

Well apparently a Crocodile's immune system destroys the HIV virus everytime.

So anyone who's into humping crocs doesnt need to worry about infection :eek:

It works for me, so far!:D