Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thurson

'tied' Agency Girls - No, Nothing To Do With Bondage

7 posts in this topic

Over the few months I have punted, most of the girls I have seen have been via some of the major London agencies.

With some of these girls I have had conversations about the arrangements they have with the agencies and some of the things I have learnt have been quite eye opening.  Some things I have learnt have become quite eye opening to the girls themselves.

A number of the girls enter into arrangements where an agency, or someone related to an agency, provides all the background services for the girl: access to suitable accommodation; photography, registration with different agencies for marketing, furnishings, drivers etc.  In return, the girl pays over to this 'agent' what is most often 50% of their earnings.

This agent then dictates their pricing, terms and ownership over photos, even if said photos have been paid for by the girl, which invariably they are.  Often accommodation is provided free within this arrangement, but not always.

None of the girls I have spoken to have felt tied to the agent.  They retain control over their passports, their own coming and goings, and do not have any debts one way or the other.

Other girls, who manage their own accommodation and arrangements, are paying as little as £20 per appointment to the various agencies they register with.

When I pointed this out to one of my regulars today, she was shocked at how much she was paying away unnecessarily.  She would now like to get out of this arrangement and I would like to help her do so.  This 50% is generally being paid away for Fuck All benefit in the majority of cases that I see. 

I intend on putting her in touch with one of the girls who I know independently registers with agencies, who hopefully may be generous enough to offer her some advice, but would be interested in what experience other people have of these arrangements, and any advice you can offer me to pass on in terms of extracting oneself from such an arrangement.

Edited by Thurson

I have only had this arrangement come out in three conversations to date: one girl is Polish, one Russian, and one Portuguese.  Therefore the EE link is probably not pertinent.

However, I have the feeling that these arrangements are being routinely promoted to those who perhaps have no knowledge of the industry, little time in the UK, and for some at least, potentially limited English. 

I would not say that this arrangement may not have its advantages for some, but in respect of the girl who now wishes to exit this arrangement (the Russian) she is worried about repercussions, such as being prevented from registering with other agencies for example, or perhaps other unstated risks.

real shame this kind of stuff goes on

Depends on what sort of deal she is in and who it is with if you know what I mean.

If an agency have paid her flights/visa/etc they will of course want their investment back and may be annoyed when she wants to leave. Thus things can be not so nice. However if she is not owing them any money then she should be able to ask they take her off the site.

If she lives in accom they pay for she should expect to be asked to vacate pretty quickly so I would say saving a bit of money first and getting a new incall would be proiority. As bad as the current deal is homelessness or living out of hotels is worse.

One thing she shouldn't do is leave without settling her commisions. Girls who do that are often blacklisted and their info passed onto other agencies. Apart from that and without more details I should assume she will be fine asking to be delisted. The more notice she gives the better too.

Hope that helps in some way :)

I thought that the arrangements that Thurson was advising is the usual arrangement for WG's that work Fully Accomodated.....   Parlours and the like use the same sort of financials so i understand a 50/50 arrangement is normal......

The other option I suppose is for the girl to negotiate her rates down to something she feels happy with a 60/40 in her favour perhaps... but be in mind of the fact that accomodation in central London is expensisve and the "Agency" will want her to make up an income they can live off... etc

I know a full Indie that pays £40 per appointment via a few agent websites and is happy with this as she can say yes or no to anything as she has now rented her appartment indipendently....... and if you book direct she keeps the whole ammount - guess I know what her preference is....!!

I thought that the arrangements that Thurson was advising is the usual arrangement for WG's that work Fully Accomodated.....   Parlours and the like use the same sort of financials so i understand a 50/50 arrangement is normal......

The other option I suppose is for the girl to negotiate her rates down to something she feels happy with a 60/40 in her favour perhaps... but be in mind of the fact that accomodation in central London is expensisve and the "Agency" will want her to make up an income they can live off... etc

I know a full Indie that pays £40 per appointment via a few agent websites and is happy with this as she can say yes or no to anything as she has now rented her appartment indipendently....... and if you book direct she keeps the whole ammount - guess I know what her preference is....!!

Thanks Henry12.  You are correct.  In this instance the girl has been working under a similar arrangement, although still paying an extra £500 pw. for the accommodation as she wanted a place for just herself.  Based on 50% going to the agency she thinks she will be much better off paying just for the appointments, and covering everything else herself.

The issue is only whether she would be likely to experience any problems going from one arrangement to the other.  Other than domestic issues, such as accommodation, will the agency be likely to create a problem for her, or will they be content with the change?  I imagine that they will not be happy to see earnings walking out the door.