Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourSlave

Quick Brothel Question

9 posts in this topic

In areas around the world where brothels are legal, can the WG leave anytime she wants? Or does she have to give notice because since it's a legal job she would have signed a contract and be bound by terms and agreements?

I am pretty sure a WG doesn't have to give notice to quite anywhere in the world. It's her body and forcing a woman to have sex under any circumstances would be considered rape IMO x

In areas around the world where brothels are legal, can the WG leave anytime she wants? Or does she have to give notice because since it's a legal job she would have signed a contract and be bound by terms and agreements?

I guess it would depend on the individual country's laws. But in Nevada, Netherlands, Australia, NZ etc. I think they're just classed as self-employed in the same way as strippers are (you may have read of a case where a woman tried to sue stringfellows for unfair dismissal and lost out due to that). They pay the brothel/strip club owner to work there and they can just not turn up, same as anyone.

Edited by punter992005

What the hell is a "quick brothel" anyway? If it is what I think it is, i.e. getting guys in and out as fast as possible, I can't think they would do much trade.

Different countries have different laws, but, I think you'll find that in most developped countries, the ladies are NOT employees, but are tenants, paying for either a shift, or a room for a week/month - they usually pay a fixed figure, plus a cut of each trick. I'd assume that with  the German style, where the room is rented, the rent is paid up front at the beginning, with the trick cut, if any, at the end, so, in effect, she can up and off as she will.

In UK with our curious system of HMRC being happy to collect tax on immoral earnings, a VAT tribunal has held that just as ladies crimpers usually rent a chair in a salon for a shift, and then trade from it as self employed, so ladies in parlours/saunas do also. This is important, because if the ladies were employees, in any reasonably successful knocking shop, the fees would be sufficient to require VAT registration, and VAT to be charged to punters! The parlour operator wants to be confident of offering his clientele a reasonable selection every day, so he/she'll not want ladies who don't work their allocated shifts, but if they do want to jack it in and take off, they have every right to do so.

I guess it would depend on the individual country's laws. But in Nevada, Netherlands, Australia, NZ etc. I think they're just classed as self-employed in the same way as strippers are (you may have read of a case where a woman tried to sue stringfellows for unfair dismissal and lost out due to that). They pay the brothel/strip club owner to work there and they can just not turn up, same as anyone.

Think you'll find the stringfellows case was overturned on appeal and strippers are now considered employees

Think you'll find the stringfellows case was overturned on appeal and strippers are now considered employees

I think that you are right, but the point there was that Stringfellow controlled the ladies activities sufficiently closely that the VAT tribunal / EAT / Court of Appeal held them to be in a master / servant relationship. The brothel (sorry, sauna) case concerned Scorpio in Edinburgh, I think.

Edited by Irgendeiner

I think that you are right, but the point there was that Stringfellows controlled the ladies activities sufficiently closely that the VAT tribunal / EAT / Court of Appeal held them to be in a master / servant relationship. The brothel (sorry, sauna) case concerned Scorpio in Edinburgh, I think.

Absolutely. As with all such matters it would depend on the individual circumstances off each case and I was wrong to say that all strippers are employees. It would depend on a number of factors including I expect whether wg's could select their own working times, provide their own supplies (I.e condoms etc) or the brothel supplies those, whether the girls have the right to sub contract their labour, choose what they wear etc.. My only point really was that case was overturned on appeal.