justforfun

Sudden Dread/loss Of Nerve - Had To Cancel Last Minute

50 posts in this topic

I wonder if any punters here have experienced this - and also what the view of the WGs here are too...

Last Thursday I had an appointment booked with a girl I'd not seen before - though I had seen her flatmate a few months ago and had a wonderful time.

It all looked great - she's beautiful, good feedback, I knew the location, etc. I'd also arranged my alibi with my OH, so that shouldn't have been a problem either.

And then... an hour or two before the scheduled time, I suddenly got a really bad feeling. I don't know why exactly - fear of being found out? A realisation of the consequences if my OH/work colleagues/family were to find out? A moral thing? No idea. But the upshot was - I had to cancel. I couldn't go through with it. I lost my nerve completely.

Now I should state that although I'm not as seasoned a punter as some on here, I have about a dozen punts under my belt with none of the above problems ever happening at all. I'm always nervous before seeing a girl, obviously, but this was different. This was like a total dread.

So - what's all that about? Any ideas? Has it ever happened to any of you chaps? And ladies - what are your feelings about this?

This has never happened to me (apart from arriving at a flat that was so obviously filthy, run down and dangerous that I opted out).

I think you cure should be to "get back on the bike", as they say, as soon as possible. Perhaps go somewhere that you have not visited before.

I hope that you get it sorted soon.

Sounds like collapsing wave probabilites! Quantum theory states until a thing occurs, every possible variations could occur. What normally happens is the most probable. But sometimes we are aware of the other possibilities! We call them premonitions! So, your most probable outcome was a great punt. However there was a good probability of a bad one too and you were disturbed by it.

Does anyone else get to babble like this when they're building Airfix models and the glue gets too much?

That or your subconscoius was noting something you'd missed and was ringing alarm bells

How do ladies feel about it? Well we do get cancellations thats the nature of the job, as long as you let her know you couldn't attend in good time then no problem, its the guys who pull no shows and don't text or ring to cancel that bothers us. We accept that sometimes guys get cold feet or whatever.

I wonder if any punters here have experienced this - and also what the view of the WGs here are too...

Last Thursday I had an appointment booked with a girl I'd not seen before - though I had seen her flatmate a few months ago and had a wonderful time.

It all looked great - she's beautiful, good feedback, I knew the location, etc. I'd also arranged my alibi with my OH, so that shouldn't have been a problem either.

And then... an hour or two before the scheduled time, I suddenly got a really bad feeling. I don't know why exactly - fear of being found out? A realisation of the consequences if my OH/work colleagues/family were to find out? A moral thing? No idea. But the upshot was - I had to cancel. I couldn't go through with it. I lost my nerve completely.

Now I should state that although I'm not as seasoned a punter as some on here, I have about a dozen punts under my belt with none of the above problems ever happening at all. I'm always nervous before seeing a girl, obviously, but this was different. This was like a total dread.

So - what's all that about? Any ideas? Has it ever happened to any of you chaps? And ladies - what are your feelings about this?

You got cold feet is all.  This happens to working girls too you know.

To the guy who got cold feet on me last week after I had rushed back to my flat from the sales and changed into full tart outfit and heavy full on make-up.  Thanks for not showing :)

How do I feel?! Pissed off when I have turned down other bookings to see someone who then changes their mind at the last minute! 

However, it is human nature to get scared sometimes so part of me is sympathetic. 

Your not alone. More common than you may think.

Yes, I have got the heebie-jeebies about bookings before, which is one reason that I tend to prefer to just turn up at a parlour when I'm definitely in the mood.

Several times I have been wishing for the WG to cancel on me so that the booking doesn't happen - yet usually when I get there and go through with it I have a good time.

I'm afraid I think you are out of order for cancelling at such short notice; the one time I had to do this (due to a shit storm at work, not nerves about the punt) I offered the lady her full fee as compensation. It says much about her that she refused it. I never did get to see her before she retired from the business.

How do ladies feel about it? Well we do get cancellations thats the nature of the job, as long as you let her know you couldn't attend in good time then no problem, its the guys who pull no shows and don't text or ring to cancel that bothers us. We accept that sometimes guys get cold feet or whatever.

Not confirming or cancelling and/or repeatedly booking and not going through with it does get annoying and really isn't fair, whether it's with one lady or several.

So many guys however have told me yes they were nervous but their ethic is they simply don't let folk down, nerves can be part of the excitement and not to have any would be wrong too.

Sometimes I've put time on hold, for guys who've said "I'm 100% genuine, definitely be there, yes, yes yes" to then hear nothing on the day. I prefer people not to make promises because anything can happen or change, just book then let the lady know whether or not you are coming. Because many don't many ladies do have very strict confirmation and cancellation policies, because we really cannot tell who is reliable and it's not as if we can go phoning around to chase you up!

Edited by Strawberry

If you have any sort of problems like that you shouldn't be punting at all. Its not fair to the girl who may have had to turn down work to accommodate you. I personally would have been extremely annoyed by it and unlike Bibi would not have a sympathetic bone in my body. Sorry just being honest.

If someone cancels at the last minute but at least lets me know then I just find it irritating.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and if he re-books I will take the booking.  Further cancellations and he is in the big black book.

This mainly applies to new and unknown guys.  A regular client will be given a little more leeway.

eg I have one client who I have seen several times but I know his  circumstances and he has had to cancel at least

3 times.  Not many would receive this consideration from me. 

Edited by Lynn

You shouldn't have cancelled.

You need to embrace that nervous state of mind.  It's an extension of the fight-or-flight feeling that you get when the adrenaline flows. You must learn how to harness that feeling and use it to your advantage.   I get it too, especially if seeing a lady for the first time but I never experience it on repeat bookings.  The feelings of over-excitement will disappear as soon as the girl speaks to you.

Next time, stand firm.  Be bold.  

I have about a dozen punts under my belt with none of the above problems ever happening at all. I'm always nervous before seeing a girl, obviously, but this was different. This was like a total dread.

I have never had a problem with nerves when going to see a lady. I do have some trepidation, even though I know she will open the door with a big beautiful smile on her face, thinking that she will look at me and be disappointed. I know that even then I'll get (or shoukd get) the full service because that's what I'm paying for and the vast majority will give full value for money whatever. But the doubt remains. But that's not nerves.

Perhaps, with your history, it was a one-off? It can happen in any area of life not just punting. Was it your first visit to these particular premises? Maybe just an uneasiness that you couldn't put your finger on? Perhaps wishing that you had done more research? Or something connected with work or home? Seriously the only person who has any idea is you.

If you have to cancel for whatever reason you should call and tell the lady. Even if it is afterwards the lady will appreciate the call. But make sure it is a phone call. NOT an impersonal text or e-mail.

this takes me back to my earliest experiences of punting. I used to live in Brighton, and used the cards in phone boxes. So I call up, shaky and nervous, get the detail i need (will the girl do x, address) and off i go.
By the time I got to the address my heart rate will have doubled, and I so nearly bottled dozens of times, but I never did.

I still get the palpitations, but I've never not gone through with a committed booking, though I have had cause to cancel due to emergencies/schedule change/better offers. 

If you have to cancel for whatever reason you should call and tell the lady. Even if it is afterwards the lady will appreciate the call. But make sure it is a phone call. NOT an impersonal text or e-mail.

Hi - just for the record, I did call to cancel a good hour before my appointment. She seemed fine about it.

I think most get nervous when seeing a girl for the first time, I do, but I've never been so nervous or worried about something that I've had to cancel. The nerves go away once you're there and see the girl, you realise everything will be ok.

Maybe you over thought the fact she was so beautiful, I've done that, built up in my head she'd be amazing so much so that I'd disappoint her. Something like that could make you have second thoughts about going through with it.

Personally I wouldn't have cancelled so close to the booking unless it was a real emergency, I've only ever cancelled a couple of bookings with plenty of notice and aways offered compensation for it. I'm just not the sort to let a girl down and not feel bad about it!

And ladies - what are your feelings about this?

I can understand why something got in to your mind and made you bottle it.

Just some sort of human emotion going on within you.

I am sure all ladies have had late cancellations before, we just have to accept that it will happen at times in all areas of our lives not just this one.

Not good if she has turned another way based on your booking of cousre.

My hairdresser had two no shows recently, she lost a fair bit of income on those unattended appointments.

She also has cancellations last minute and loses out on income that way.

I have taken today off my real work to wait in for various men to come and do different jobs for me.

All have cancelled due to the snow, loss of income for me by taking the time off work.

Stuff happens..... 

Your nerves got the better of you that time.......now do not let it happen again ;)  :D  

I get very nervous before a punt, and have difficulty sleeping the night before. Sometimes I have trouble getting hard.

I have never had to cancel.

Stevenxx

Your not alone. More common than you may think.

Hi there ma3k and welcome to the forum.  I agree with you.  For every client who is confident and raring to go there will be one who is nervous or even scared to death or who has yet to make a booking but is dying to............  It's a bit ike jumping in at the deep end for some - but once you have jumped.............  oh boy !

Have to say I love the feeling, the nerves prior to a booking. There is something about that feeling that nothing else seems to create, the apprehention of punt really makes you feel alive.

Obviously if you can't control this feeling you can end up cancelling it but I love it, some people jab a vain for me it's the pre-nerves punt and then the punt itself.

I cancelled my first punt. I think the problem was I'd booked it too far in advance and then just thought about it to much. I still gave 2 days notice and she fine about it. When I finally got the bottle I booked the same day. Although I was still extremely nervous I went through with it and have never looked back. I still get that nervous feeling everytime, sometimes to the point that I feel sick but have never cancelled again and normally after being in the door for a few minutes I'm glad I never cancelled.

I still get the palpitations, but I've never not gone through with a committed booking, though I have had cause to cancel due to emergencies/schedule change/better offers. 

I think if a guy isn't nervous there may be something wrong with him. I still get butterflies, but carry on, in the knowledge that my host will also be a little apprehensive till we have got into the first clinch.

The nerves are part of the thrill of punting.

I think if a guy isn't nervous there may be something wrong with him. I still get butterflies, but carry on, in the knowledge that my host will also be a little apprehensive till we have got into the first clinch.

The nerves are part of the thrill of punting.

I still get this 140 punts in with the same girl!!!!!!!!

The first time I paid for sex I was terrified. After that no. Occasionally on my way to see someone new I have felt slightly nervous, but that could happen that if I was about to meet someone new in any situation. Unlike you, I have no other half, so I don't have to worry about that. Were there any other factors at the time that might have had some bearing on your mood?

I still get this 140 punts in with the same girl!!!!!!!!

While she stifles a yawn :D  :D  :D