Ebonypru

Belated Insight

42 posts in this topic

One of those rare occasions when a punter thinks he can turn up, then start to haggle over the rates.  I've always stood my ground and today was no different.  Leave.  It's his wasted journey.   He's seen my profiles, read my blog, read reviews.  He came informed.  God knows, he's been planning this punt for a week, so it was no last minute decision.  But he thought he could strong-arm me into accepting less.

But I just realised the sweetest revenge would have been to accept the derisory amount offered.  Then deliver the shittiest, most indifferent service to the knob-head.  Then he and others like him could understand that the only thing expensive is when you pay for bad service.  It is so programmed into me to over-deliver on service that I've found the insulting haggling too out of place.  A man that behaves that way must surely have very low expectations.  Who am I to disappoint???

Someone rang me a few days ago.  He'd seen me last four years ago and wasn't sure if the profile he'd come across was me.  And I felt vindicated when he expressed surprise that my rates were the same now as the last two times he'd seen me all those years ago, especially considering I now offer a little more than I did then.  I felt like, at last someone gets it!

Next time!  Meanwhile, this morning's knob-head joins my Time Waster List.

xxx

Pru

Edited by Ebonypru

Very interesting response. The lady would have to be very sure that the client would not, when he realised what was happening, physically attack her to take his money back. I was discussing this scenario with a lady a few months ago. She told me that she was quite able to take care of herself and would have no hesitation if attacked of calling the police.

I pointed out that I was about 6" taller and about 4 stone heavier than she was and although no doubt she could cause me injury I would be able to leave there with my money and having caused her serious, if not fatal, injury. She still maintained that she would be ok and could look after herself.

So it's a nice idea. I can see the satisfaction to be gained. I'm biased because I know it will never happen to me. But the lady would have to be very careful and very sure of a satisfactory outcome.

Edited by gibbs

It occurs to me that whilst revenge is sweet, you potentially run the risk of a negative review - which in the scheme of things may or may not concern you? I guess that when you are used to providing a quality service as standard, it's really hard to switch to a sub-standard one, even for this knob-head!

I totally get you Pru and well done for standing your ground! I would have done the same, but I'm not sure I'd dare give a bad service in case he got nasty. Although in reality I think he would have soured the booking so it'd be harder to be all sweetness and smiles with him anyway. 

I suppose you could have said OK, I'll do it for £X but it doesn't include oral, kissing or whatever he wanted . That might have made the point. But hey, we all think of clever answers after the event! 

For me, like I expect Pru feels, one bad review (had he done one) is an insignificant drop in the ocean that other regular and potential clients would realise would be from a scorned client. The advantage of being established is that no little turd can threaten to damage us with a shitty review! 

Yrp.I'd have just told him to leave.I won't entertain hagglers on the phone and would not give a guy any type of service if he arrived and haggled.I might have offered less time for the money offered but as Lydia says I would struggle to give a good service to such a rude pisstaker.

Yep, I have done that too with those who arrive with less money- That's a good one especially for those who do the Oh I thought I had £X amount on me but I've only got £Y in my wallet. That'll learn them! Honestly, do they think they can go to Waitrose and say I only have £20 to pay for £30 worth of shopping and not have to put what items they can't pay for back?! 

Very interesting response. The lady would have to be very sure that the client would not, when he realised what was happening, physically attack her to take his money back. I was discussing this scenario with a lady a few months ago. She told me that she was quite able to take care of herself and would have no hesitation if attacked of calling the police.

I pointed out that I was about 6" taller and about 4 stone heavier than she was and although no doubt she could cause me injury I would be able to leave there with my money and having caused her serious, if not fatal, injury. She still maintained that she would be ok and could look after herself.

So it's a nice idea. I can see the satisfaction to be gained. I'm biased because I know it will never happen to me. But the lady would have to be very careful and very sure of a satisfactory outcome.

Even if I was a black belt in karate the safest (to life and limb and reputation) response is to refuse the booking if the man gets there and tries to haggle.  

Or it it appears to be a genuine "oh I thought I had x but only have y", I MAY offer less time for less money.  More usually just say no. 

I had a similar situation once upon a time. The guy wanted some pretty extensive role play, we had discussed payments in email and in person, he knew exactly how much it was going to be, he turned up with a decent amount less. 

His excuse was that I was working from a working flat even though I was the only one in the flat, so he was going to pay the agency price. I explained that he had agreed to my personal fee as he had extensive phone and email conversations with me to ensure that he was getting exactly what he wanted..in detail. If he wanted to pay the agency fee then he should book through the agency and have no personal contact with me until I opened the front door, thats how it works with agencies. 

I explained to him that the money he had brought would cover such and such time, not the time he had booked in with me, his craftyness pissed me right off. He said he would complain about me on the internet forums. I said okay but you cant have as extensive a role play, as I said, he had pissed me right off by now as he was rude with it. He agreed, we started, he declared it wasnt as extensive a role play as he had requested and wanted a refund. I gave him a partial refund and told him that if he wanted to slag me off online then its fine but to suffer the consequences of his duplicitous action online as I too am ALL OVER THE BLOODY INTERNET MATEY!! 

We came to a nice agreement after that and he left with a bit of his money left, I had missed other bookings because he had been booked in since the a couple of weeks before and had other callers who had wanted that slot. Had he booked me through the agency and emailed them the role play I would have been just as happy to do it as in depth as if he contacted me privately, but he wanted his cake and eat it, extensive contact with me before the booking but not to pay my fee despite several agreements from him that he was happy with me fee. Hopefully it taught him a lesson and he didnt try that on other girls in the future. 

Nowadays if someone arrived with less money than agreed I would just say thats fine, but you can only have the shorter booking

oh and he knew I was in a working flat because I had told him so, I didnt want him arriving and then freaking out if he recognised the address. I prefered to let him know in advance so that if he didnt want to visit such a busy address he could opt out, he was fine with it as it was a one girl a day place.

Definately the best policy to tell him to bugger off. If you had taken the discount and given him the worst session in history, he would still have won. He would walk off and be smug that he got a prostitute to drop her prices, even though she says she never did. That makes him a big man!

Stick to your prices.

I just can't believe there are guys out there who haggle with girls over the price. It's quite unbelievable. Just having a little respect for the girl would mean you'd never do this!

The best thing must be to tell him to get lost, if you take the booking for less you never know who he'll tell then next thing you know every guys asking for a discount.

I just can't believe there are guys out there who haggle with girls over the price. It's quite unbelievable. Just having a little respect for the girl would mean you'd never do this!

The best thing must be to tell him to get lost, if you take the booking for less you never know who he'll tell then next thing you know every guys asking for a discount.

+1

I would never haggle (but have given extra ;) )

Yeah happy to give extra, some girls are worth it

We're not all as tough as you.  I would never underestimate a working girl's close quarter combat skills.  

I once overheard a girl berating some punter and, blimey, I thought I could cuss.  She was a li'l princess, all of 5'4" and could probably have knocked most punters on their arses, with her eyelids, at 20 paces.  Then verbally incinerate them.  Scary lady.

We're not all as tough as you. I would never underestimate a working girl's close quarter combat skills.

You are quite right that small ladies can hurt big men but I always remember what I was told at judo. A good big un will always beat a good little un. (p.s. I'm not tough) Edited by gibbs

You are quite right that small ladies can hurt big men but I always remember what I was told at judo. A good big un will always beat a good little un. (p.s. I'm not tough)
 That tends to be only if you stick to the set rules,thats why sports have weight divisions.I've met many a littleun who were more than capable.

Back on topic.If you agree any form of work with someone at a price,thats what you pay.If you dont like the price go elsewhere.In any form of work,anyone who tries to haggle you down after youve agreed a price is going to be problematic and is best avoided.

If you agree any form of work with someone at a price,thats what you pay.If you dont like the price go elsewhere.In any form of work,anyone who tries to haggle you down after youve agreed a price is going to be problematic and is best avoided.

I remember reading that it was Robert Maxwell's favourite negotiating tactic - to agree to a deal then start changing it at the point when the other party has the contracts out and the champagne on ice (and they've mentally spent the money probably)

That tends to be only if you stick to the set rules,.

I don't want this to be protracted but there would be no rules. If a "lady" attacked me I would not be thinking about calming her down or restraining her. I would be concerned about stopping her from hurting me in any way I could. I wouldn't be concerned about whether she got hurt or not. Frankly I wouldn't believe any man who said otherwise. It's the instinct of self preservation.

Thankfully I am confident that I would never find myself in that situation.

It's strange, clients often ask what I would do if I were attacked. I don't think they realise that just hearing that question immediately puts me on my guard. I never answer it, my 'arrangements' are my own concern.

It's strange, clients often ask what I would do if I were attacked. I don't think they realise that just hearing that question immediately puts me on my guard. I never answer it, my 'arrangements' are my own concern.

If asked in that way, it does seem a bit sinister!

Referring back to my first post in this thread #2 I would like to point out that I didn't raise the topic with the lady. She made a comment at the end of the session when we were getting dressed. I pointed out to her that what she said was capable of being misconstrued and if a client took it the wrong way it might lead to unpleasant consequences. I agree that a lady being asked out of the blue what she would do if attacked by a client is not the done thing and very inadvisable.

I once saw a guy who had made several attempts to see me but the timing was always against us ( he came from a long distance away).........  When he finally got here we had a very fine time thank you, and up until then everything had been going swimmingly.

As he started getting ready to leave he began to tell me what a catch he was and that I was the  girl he would see regularly but...  my rates were no good.  He told me what he would pay and that I should consider myself lucky to have this offer.  Needless to say I never answered his calls after that and this was a shame because he was a bloody good shag.

Only once has this happened in ten years of working.  If someone got here and haggled after he had arrived I would show him the door.

Edited by Sarah Summers

I don't understand this need to haggle.

I saw a lady tonight for a longer booking so quite a few notes - and I'm in my hotel room counting out the cash several times to make sure it is the correct amount .... Then paranoid before leaving for the meeting count it again to make sure.

Apart from a reverse booking I can't imagine why anyone would turn up and try and haggle. You surely accept the price when making a booking, and the girl is expecting to receive the correct amount when you arrive.

Starting to try and haggle hardly sets the mood for a good time then does it??

Having some self respect would mean I could never do this.

What does it say about their own (lack of) character to do that.

Edited by WykeTyke