Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vin DaLoo

Java Problems

14 posts in this topic

Can't get into the Chat Room as Java on Firefox and Chrome on my Vista machine, and on OSX 10.7 are not working; anyone else having the same problem?

Isit anything to do with this?:

blog.mozilla.org/security

Can't get into the Chat Room as Java on Firefox and Chrome on my Vista machine, and on OSX 10.7 are not working; anyone else having the same problem?

Isit anything to do with this?:

blog.mozilla.org/security

im getting a security warning but i can ignore and do. seems tl be a java issue

I got in the other day after about 5 mins. But i found there was a massive time delay in posts appearing and my own posts appearing after I typed them. I use Chrome on a mac.

I also just tried to access the chat room and had Java issues. I'm running Windows 7 (64 bit) and use IE, Chrome and Firefox.  I had to install an update for both versions (32 bit and 64 bit) as I noticed the following message on the Java website.  A restart of the internet browser and then running the prompted add-on did fix things.

We have detected you may be viewing this page in a 32-bit browser. If you use 32-bit and 64-bit browsers interchangeably, you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit Java in order to have the Java plug-in for both browsers. » FAQ about 64-bit Java for Windows

I got a message the other day saying I had to update my java plug-in when I couldnt access the chat room, so I did and everything was fine after that. Safari on mac.

oracle just installed a java update on mine 2

firefox on windoze 7

I'm using OSX with Safari 5 and since last night whenever I go on chat I'm seeing "Inactive Plugin" - I've tried a software update and there are no updates available! How do I get back in chat  now :(

That's exactly what I was getting with Safari 6

I forget how I resolved it now; I may have done a manual download and install of Java, as the automatic update was not offering anything as in your case.

That's exactly what I was getting with Safari 6

I forget how I resolved it now; I may have done a manual download and install of Java, as the automatic update was not offering anything as in your case.

I just checked the update this morning and it included java. It's working now!

My java went out of date yet again a couple of days ago...only a couple of weeks after the last time. What the donglies is going on with java x

My java went out of date yet again a couple of days ago...only a couple of weeks after the last time. What the donglies is going on with java x

Yes, I had the update yesterday on Mac - all worked fine though.

Yes, I had the update yesterday on Mac - all worked fine though.

yes mine is fine too but its just annoying. It never used to happen but it seems to be turning into a regular thing. wondering if its a problem within safari or java x

Just had a convincing looking fake Java update appear on my screen. It contains malware. Careful folks. There are warnings about it on the web.

Further to what Prof said - if you get an update notification, close out of it and go to www.java.com to see if there is really an update, and get it directly from them so you can be sure it is legitimate.