Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
youngishguy

Would It Be Weird To Ask A Girl To Have A Drink With You?

57 posts in this topic

I don't know why but a quick drink of whisky or vodka does wonders for my nerves before hand.

I find it quite nice and relaxing to talk to a girl for a few minutes before the main event.

Would it be weird if I took 2 of those little mini-bar bottles with ma and asked the girl to join me for a quick drink.

Id feel a little wired if I were to sit there drinking on my own.

If it is OK would I need to bring my own glasses?

I brought a whole cocktail making kit to a duo evening a couple of months ago.

It got everyone into the party mood in no time at all and a very good evening ensued.

Do whatever makes you happy. :)

I brought a whole cocktail making kit to a duo evening a couple of months ago.

It got everyone into the party mood in no time at all and a very good evening ensued.

Well you could just cross your fingers and do it this way, but I'd ring and ask the lady first. I barely drink and can't abide the smell, and whilst I don't mind if a punter has been for a quick pint on his way over or whatever, I don't honestly think I could kiss somebody who smelt and tasted of vodka or whisky and I certainly wouldn't be drinking it myself if I was working.

I suspect most ladies who would be comfortable with this will have some glasses, or a couple of chipped mugs at least. She may even wash them if you ask nicely ;).

Edited by AdorableAmy

No I think it would be very nice of you to do so. I would definitely appreciate it.

I've occasionally brought a bottle of wine or champagne if I had anything to celebrate, never been knocked back yet.

As always, check with your service provider. 

I don't know why but a quick drink of whisky or vodka does wonders for my nerves before hand.

I find it quite nice and relaxing to talk to a girl for a few minutes before the main event.

Would it be weird if I took 2 of those little mini-bar bottles with ma and asked the girl to join me for a quick drink.

I do not think it would be weird at all to have a little drink with a lady before hand.

She may have be able to offer it you from her own provisions of course, but if not take a mini bottle with you.

She may join you in an alcoholic drink, she may not.

I like second hand red wine taste, but do not drink the real stuff.

No harm is asking now really is there.

By the way......I am sure she will have some glasses.

Lucy  :) 

Edited by Lucy7

I don't like to drink, especially at work, so unless it's a meal and we are having wine, I would not join you. And I think it's odd to drink or take drugs for courage or whatever.

Edited by randombird

Call me judgmental but if  a client showed up with miniature bottles of spirits in his pocket I'd think he was an alcoholic and wonder how much he had had beforehand and maybe be a bit worried. I know that's unreasonable but I would be perplexed anyway.

Surely better to take a bottle of wine to the booking- bit more classy and you can share it with her or have a drink in a pub first before you arrive. However, someone else's boozy breathe can be a massive turn off so do clean your teeth first or anticipate she might not want to kiss you. 

Edited by MinxyLydia

When ladies meet me at a hotel, I always offer a glass of wine to both of them...gives the evening more of a relaxed feel...

I've taken a bottle of wine before but it's been the right time of day, e.g. early evening on a warm summer night. She promptly put it in the fridge and offered me a glass of white already chilled. 

Think time of day ... think what's appropriate ...  :cool:

I always ask if I can drink coffee with her after the service so don't think its strange

Makes sense to check first. certainly an SP would be right to be a little concerned if she couldn't verify the little bottle had not been opened beforehand, in which case it could contain anything.

I just think SPs probably don't want too much unexpected to happen at the very start of a meet with a newcomer.

Just put yourself in her position.

Different women will feel differently about this though as shown above and it may depend on how things went with any talking you and she have done beforehand.

I got a glass of Jaegermeister the other week. Straight from the freezer too.

However, taking 8 cans of Strongbow is never a great first impression.

Well you could just cross your fingers and do it this way, but I'd ring and ask the lady first. I barely drink and can't abide the smell, and whilst I don't mind if a punter has been for a quick pint on his way over or whatever, I don't honestly think I could kiss somebody who smelt and tasted of vodka or whisky and I certainly wouldn't be drinking it myself if I was working.

I suspect most ladies who would be comfortable with this will have some glasses, or a couple of chipped mugs at least. She may even wash them if you ask nicely ;).

I didn't actually mean to infer not consulting with the girls.

Of course I discussed this with both girls and checked out their favourite drinks to make a cocktail with. :)

Also- remember that you pay for time not services. 

I'm sure you are not the sort but it is amazing how many gents book and ask if they can bring some wine and have a nice chat first but presume that 30 mins of chat is off the clock!

As others have advised every lady is different, so just ask on the phone/email. Some will be happy with it some won't. 

I'd much rather a can of Strongbow than a lot of other types of alcohol lol. An 8 pack is only on my wishlist for bookings of 3 hours plus though :P:D

Most ladies have glasses at their place.Alot of clients bring a bottle of wine along to a punt,on a longer booking anyway.But do check first,some ladies don't drink and some may not like spirits.As long as you are not pissed its perfectly normal.

Edited by Bibi

I like to take a bottle of Champagne along. Make it part of the fun - you' d be surprised how good it feels as well as tastes !!!! 

You are quite right. 8 cans looks like a cheapskate; take the full dozen, or nothing at all. But, you must be prepared to drink them all before the rumpy pumpy starts!

You can be sure that she will have a couple of glasses. However I would suggest that you ask her beforehand what her favourite tipple might be; also be prepared for her not to join you. I suspect that most ladies would be a little wary about accepting drinks from, or drinking with,   a first time visitor.They need to be totally alert for any scam that a new guy might try to pull.

Absolutely sound advice, this is the rule everyone should live by. Forget "weird", this is just someone doing something that doesn't conform to the cultural norms and expectations of your society and surroundings, just do what u like even if it isn't the "done thing"

There is not a lot of alcohol in those little bottles.  If you brought on of those to mine I would provide glasses and a mixer to put in it...   just enough to break the ice and relax you if that is what it takes...makes a change from drugs :)

*that was a joke*

Absolutely sound advice, this is the rule everyone should live by. Forget "weird", this is just someone doing something that doesn't conform to the cultural norms and expectations of your society and surroundings, just do what u like even if it isn't the "done thing"

I like weird x

I don't think it would be weird to ask, and best to then book 90mins +.  Don't expect her to want anything alcoholic herself.