bobbles

Brothels In The Uk-Any Interest?

32 posts in this topic

I know that in the UK brothels (two or more persons) are technically illegal and I was wondering if the guys out there would have any interest in going to them (or any of the ladies an interest in working in them) if they were legal. The films on the Bunny Ranch from Nevada don’t look that attractive to me (the girls all seem a bit Barbie like and a lot of fake tits-not to my liking, and the line-up is a bit tacky), but some of the Saunas in Edinburgh are fine (with a choice of girls and non-pushy atmosphere)-and the FKK clubs in Germany sound attractive. But I can see for the ladies that the competition between girls for business might be uncomfortable especially for the less obviously young beautiful and sexy.

So I have a question-suppose they were legal in the UK-would you visit a brothel if it was on your patch (where you might run into someone you know) or is it something you might do only when away from home?  Or do you think that with the internet/mobile phones that brothels (that is from a fixed known location where you can drop in without an appointment) are old hat?

I know that in the UK brothels (two or more persons) are technically illegal and I was wondering if the guys out there would have any interest in going to them (or any of the ladies an interest in working in them) if they were legal. The films on the Bunny Ranch from Nevada don’t look that attractive to me (the girls all seem a bit Barbie like and a lot of fake tits-not to my liking, and the line-up is a bit tacky), but some of the Saunas in Edinburgh are fine (with a choice of girls and non-pushy atmosphere)-and the FKK clubs in Germany sound attractive. But I can see for the ladies that the competition between girls for business might be uncomfortable especially for the less obviously young beautiful and sexy.

So I have a question-suppose they were legal in the UK-would you visit a brothel if it was on your patch (where you might run into someone you know) or is it something you might do only when away from home?  Or do you think that with the internet/mobile phones that brothels (that is from a fixed known location where you can drop in without an appointment) are old hat?

I don't think brothels are old hat if they mean that WGs can be safer and share costs. A brothel doesn't have to be a huge establishment like the Nevada ones. It could be a flat with 2 or 3 women working in it.

As to whether I would go it would depend on whether a WG I wanted to see was working there.

Brothel;s are far from old hat, as is "popping in on the off chance". Still many establishments operate on this basis.Many guys still do not research / book online. I would probably not shit on my own doorstep - legal or otherwise, but if after research / personal experience, I find a good brothel / parlour, yes I would / will / do visit.

Where I live, we have a few good parlours that have a wide and varied selection of ladies to choose from, and they have web-sites that are updated regularly, so I know whom is working, all it needs is a little bit of time to get to them, and the waiting can be quite pleasant as you get to chat with some of the new ladies, and build up a raapor with others.

Call it old hat, but its what the industry is all about...choices.

Odd query that, whether the case or not, has a hint of the journalist fishing post about it.

There are hundreds of brothels that operate daily and with no fuss.

There are thousands of punters who visit them all the time or in combination with seeing indies and agency SPs.

If this is what happens when brothels are illegal, how much thinking does it take to predict what would happen if they were legal?

Edited by vivluvsme

I know that in the UK brothels (two or more persons) are technically illegal and I was wondering if the guys out there would have any interest in going to them (or any of the ladies an interest in working in them) if they were legal.

Technically they're not illegal. It's not illegal to work in or visit one. It is though illegal to keep, manage or assist in the management of a brothel.

There are lots of brothels where I  live, pretty much tolerated by the police, and fairly obvious ones with signage alluding to such things as "Massage" or "Sauna". There are probably about 15+ within a half hours walk of my house.

I imagine that a high proportion of punters on this board have at one time or another visited a brothel, and a fair proportion of the WG's have at one time or another worked in one.

I used to visit brothels/parlours a lot for the first 10 to 15 years when I punted. I've never bumped into anybody that I know. Having said that I've seen dozens of girls that I've punted with, in the street, shops, railways stations, on the M4, petrol stations etc. etc.

i've worked in parlours, and even had police come in as customers. the police don't care about them at all unless someone is reported as being trafficked. 

Edited by nisha87

There are peculiarities to the laws with prostitution, and equally to those of 'ordinary' marriages and relationships. Its probably to our benefit that these things are not completely laid out like a clipboard. 

I think most people value a certain amount of privacy and respect to their sexual lifetime. If the state intervenes with prostitution it also intervenes with the nature of any sexual relationship. That may not be as beneficial as one imagines 'legalised' prostitution to be.

Technically they're not illegal. It's not illegal to work in or visit one. It is though illegal to keep, manage or assist in the management of a brothel.

There are lots of brothels where I  live, pretty much tolerated by the police, and fairly obvious ones with signage alluding to such things as "Massage" or "Sauna". There are probably about 15+ within a half hours walk of my house.

I imagine that a high proportion of punters on this board have at one time or another visited a brothel, and a fair proportion of the WG's have at one time or another worked in one.

I used to visit brothels/parlours a lot for the first 10 to 15 years when I punted. I've never bumped into anybody that I know. Having said that I've seen dozens of girls that I've punted with, in the street, shops, railways stations, on the M4, petrol stations etc. etc.

I need to know...where is this prodigiously endowed place?? Somewhere in London?

I need to know...where is this prodigiously endowed place?? Somewhere in London?

Bristol, especially around Old Market and Stokes Croft. They're all poor to mediocre though....so I really wouldn't bother if I were you.

i've worked in parlours, and even had police come in as customers. the police don't care about them at all unless someone is reported as being trafficked. 

In some towns and cities....yes.  In others they'll be warned by the police and shut down even before they've opened.

visited a parlour a few times

Seems to be a pretty toxic environment for the girls to work in, from what I'v seen the politics/backstabbing/competition/bullying etc is ridiculous, I don't see why any wg would work in one rather than set up independently, safety in numbers I guess because I never clocked any kind of minders/bodguards/security guys there? although there are cameras in all the coridors.

the one Iv visited is open 24/7, been there all hours...6am after a night out etc and there is always a few girls working, so from a punters perspective it is convenient, i can't see the appeal for a wg though 

Seems to be a pretty toxic environment for the girls to work in, from what I'v seen the politics/backstabbing/competition/bullying etc is ridiculous, I don't see why any wg would work in one rather than set up independently, safety in numbers I guess because I never clocked any kind of minders/bodguards/security guys there? although there are cameras in all the coridors.

the one Iv visited is open 24/7, been there all hours...6am after a night out etc and there is always a few girls working, so from a punters perspective it is convenient, i can't see the appeal for a wg though 

there was no backstabbing or competition or bullying in the ones i worked in. i may have been lucky though. you say you can't see the appeal for a working girl...for me the appeal was huge. not just safety in numbers - although that was a big thing. but they are convenient for wg's too. you walk in, do your work, then walk out. no ties whatsoever to real life. 

there was no backstabbing or competition or bullying in the ones i worked in. i may have been lucky though. you say you can't see the appeal for a working girl...for me the appeal was huge. not just safety in numbers - although that was a big thing. but they are convenient for wg's too. you walk in, do your work, then walk out. no ties whatsoever to real life. 

Right, now I do see the appeal, pretty obvious really lol

Maybe it is just this one place that is toxic then, every time I visited there my chosen girl was complaining about something, but then I do like to chat and ask questions a lot.

Examples that stand out in my mind:

First time I visited the girls came to introduce themselves one by one, I saw a girl I liked and I asked a girl if she does OWO, she said no, then another girl walks  in "I do", so I changed my mind and went with her instead, I payed the money in the room, she went to put it away safely, she didnt return for about 20 minutes, when she eventually came back she had obviously been crying, the other girl had been shouting and threatening her for poaching a customer.

Second time I visited was at 6am after a heavy night out, there were about 10 girls there but they were getting ready to go home on the bus supplied by the parlour, only one girl was staying, after the others left she told me she had been in bed since midnight because work was slow, they had left all the cleaning for her to do (a duty they were all supposed to share)and they didnt wake her up until 5:30am, so she missed the bus home and would have to stay another 24 hours.

Third time I was in there 2 girls were arguing (in the girls private room but you could hear them screaming and shouting), they were supposed to be out in the town centre handing out flyers to passers by, but one of them decided to bin the fyers and go to a club for a few hours...the other one was furious and was threatening to grass up the other girl

thats just three examples, I can think of quite a few more, there has been sometthing every time I'v been in there, so I'v always presumed they were not very nice environments to work in.

Probably just this one place that is bad though?

And the competition thing- I presume you were one of the more attractive girls there? I doubt the less attractive ones get any business at all when the absolute stunners are in the house, although I suppose it depends how busy the parlour is as a whole...

Not all people are up to the job of marketing themselves (or would rather not be bothered) including all the tiresome email exchanges, texts and phone calls at all hours. Also, there would be none of the time wasters as generally they are dealing with walk-in customers not advance bookings that may or may not materialise.

Why not?  

I'd imagine some places today have multiple girls working at once.  

I think also that as police resources are limited, they don't really care that much.  

Yes i would punt in brothels if they were legal just as i do now. I have had some of my best punts in them. They are certainly not old hat in my view. Just to clarify the brothels i punt in i couldnt just turn up without a booking, its by appointment only which suits me just fine. Its been years since i went to a walk-in off the street no appointment necessary brothel.

thats just three examples, I can think of quite a few more, there has been sometthing every time I'v been in there, so I'v always presumed they were not very nice environments to work in.

And the competition thing- I presume you were one of the more attractive girls there? I doubt the less attractive ones get any business at all when the absolute stunners are in the house, although I suppose it depends how busy the parlour is as a whole...

i'm sure there a lots of places that are as you have just described, but the ones i worked in were not like that. i always got on with the other girls. like i said, i may have just been lucky though.

it depends what you think of as attractive. i'm slim, but body shape doesn't mean much in this industry. different people like different things. 

True...what I fancy changes from day to day when it comes to punting, one punt I may go for a skinny asian girl, next time a chubby redhead, like I said in one other thread, it is the variety of girls that keeps this punting lark so bloody addictive  :lol:

I think prostitution in all forms should be legalized, the stigma should be removed and the WG should be made to pay tax and NI and after 15 years they should qualify for a statutory pension.

I know many young WGs think they're better off with the current system, but wait till you get older or your health doesn't assist you and you'll see you'd have better off in the clear.

I occasionally meet ex-Wgs from many years ago, I remember how confident and arrogant they were and now they're struggling to survive, never mind the fact that many feel guilty or useless.

I think prostitution in all forms should be legalized, the stigma should be removed and the WG should be made to pay tax and NI and after 15 years they should qualify for a statutory pension.

I know many young WGs think they're better off with the current system, but wait till you get older or your health doesn't assist you and you'll see you'd have better off in the clear.

I occasionally meet ex-Wgs from many years ago, I remember how confident and arrogant they were and now they're struggling to survive, never mind the fact that many feel guilty or useless.

Some of us have paid tax on our earnings and are completely out there and above board. I have a pension to look forward to as well.

Right, now I do see the appeal, pretty obvious really lol

Maybe it is just this one place that is toxic then, every time I visited there my chosen girl was complaining about something, but then I do like to chat and ask questions a lot.

Examples that stand out in my mind:

First time I visited the girls came to introduce themselves one by one, I saw a girl I liked and I asked a girl if she does OWO, she said no, then another girl walks  in "I do", so I changed my mind and went with her instead, I payed the money in the room, she went to put it away safely, she didnt return for about 20 minutes, when she eventually came back she had obviously been crying, the other girl had been shouting and threatening her for poaching a customer.

Second time I visited was at 6am after a heavy night out, there were about 10 girls there but they were getting ready to go home on the bus supplied by the parlour, only one girl was staying, after the others left she told me she had been in bed since midnight because work was slow, they had left all the cleaning for her to do (a duty they were all supposed to share)and they didnt wake her up until 5:30am, so she missed the bus home and would have to stay another 24 hours.

Third time I was in there 2 girls were arguing (in the girls private room but you could hear them screaming and shouting), they were supposed to be out in the town centre handing out flyers to passers by, but one of them decided to bin the fyers and go to a club for a few hours...the other one was furious and was threatening to grass up the other girl

the first is down to the first girl being a total bitch...not the parlour

the second case is down to the other girls being selfish and bitchy towards the sleeping girl

the third case is bizarre that a parlour should even hand out flyers but again, its down to the girl who didnt do what she was meant to do through laziness.

I cant really see how the parlour you visited is toxic, sounds like some of the girls there are though

I havent experienced any of what you have described. Yes there are little fall outs but all in all they are pretty fun places to work. You have company, you make friends and as Nisha said, you put zero effort into getting your business, the parlour does it all for you. My parlour years were fun, I work independently now as I dont want to be tied down to other peoples opening and closing times but thats the only reason. I would have no problem going back to them one day if I didnt want to have to put the effort in to get my own bookings in any longer

Not all people are up to the job of marketing themselves (or would rather not be bothered) including all the tiresome email exchanges, texts and phone calls at all hours. Also, there would be none of the time wasters as generally they are dealing with walk-in customers not advance bookings that may or may not materialise.

there are usually more advance bookings than walkins, walkins can vary a lot from being virtually none to a decent number, there are always advance bookings though

taxes..yet I have them unfortunatley. The feeling of uselessness , mm nope, never, my fanny is here for life and in this day and age you can keep on working as there is such a huge market for older ladies nowadays, granted im not sure i still want to be shagging when im 70 but hey ho, for those that want to keep earning where theres a will theres a way. There are even parlours that specialise in older girls.

the first is down to the first girl being a total bitch...not the parlour

the second case is down to the other girls being selfish and bitchy towards the sleeping girl

the third case is bizarre that a parlour should even hand out flyers but again, its down to the girl who didnt do what she was meant to do through laziness.

I cant really see how the parlour you visited is toxic, sounds like some of the girls there are though

I havent experienced any of what you have described. Yes there are little fall outs but all in all they are pretty fun places to work. You have company, you make friends and as Nisha said, you put zero effort into getting your business, the parlour does it all for you. My parlour years were fun, I work independently now as I dont want to be tied down to other peoples opening and closing times but thats the only reason. I would have no problem going back to them one day if I didnt want to have to put the effort in to get my own bookings in any longer

Yes Chloe, it ultimately comes down to the girls, but speaking from personal experience (not within the sex industry obviously) certain working environments and situations can cause resentment, and if it goes unchecked  it can cause a pressure cooker type atmosphere where people blow up over the smallest of things and generally act like twats where they ordinarily would not.

I feel that the girls were not inherently nasty bitchy people but certain environmental factors may be causing them to act that way, or perhaps there were a lot of genuinly twattish girls there, who knows?

Either way, I am glad this does not seem to be the norm as you and Nisha have never experienced a bad parlour to work at.

And yes...I thought handing out flyers for a massage parlour was a bit strange too, and possibly illegal even, I can't imagine it is a job most WG's would relish either

(I'm pretty sure they usually only hand them out to men coming out of the lapdancing bar on saturday nights though)

Some of us have paid tax on our earnings and are completely out there and above board. I have a pension to look forward to as well.

Good to hear that. How did you declare your tax? Surely as self-employed but under which category?

About the pension, obviously you have paid into your private one but many girls don't think about this and just spend all their money.