gibbs

Communication Problem

24 posts in this topic

So I'm sat in my armchair cogitating about life in general and my next consultation with my sex therapist in a few days time. I'm going through my mental check list of things to do in the next few days. Haircut, eyebrows trimmed, fingernails & toenails trimmed, clean undies, best suit and tie, polished shoes, sandwiches, flask of coffee, phone. Phone?

Must remember the phone. Must remember to charge the phone. Must remember to text on the morning to confirm everything is ok. When I arrive in the vicinity (about 2 hours later) text for address. Easy Peasy. No problems.

But what if I accidentally leave the phone at home? What if I forget to charge it and it dies on me? How can I contact the lady? What else could go wrong? What backup plan could I have that would not be too risky?

I know that Christmas has gone but do the wise men (and ladies) have any constructive suggestions? (I do have backup plans but don't want to influence any ideas).

But what if I accidentally leave the phone at home? What if I forget to charge it and it dies on me? How can I contact the lady? What else could go wrong? What backup plan could I have that would not be too risky?

Write the number down.  Worst case scenario you might be able to find a phone box in the vicinity.

Else, buy any old unlocked mobile off ebay, a payg sim, car cigarette lighter charger kit, store the number as AA or use a code to lock the phone in case of prying eyes.

Edited by Buzzkill

If you know her already and where she is there should not be much of a problem really.

You just arrive, ring her bell at the appointed hour and bobs your uncle......

Writing the number down on a slip of paper like Buzz has said above seems a good idea, there are still phone boxes around.

Or you could also ask a stranger to use their phone, I have done that once before.

A bloke once rang me from a local hotel as had left his phone at home, he had written my number down.

Have you done this before or something, why are you worried?

Lucy  :)

Because he really is a very old man with a failing mind! :o

So I'm sat in my armchair cogitating about life in general and my next consultation with my sex therapist in a few days time. I'm going through my mental check list of things to do in the next few days. Haircut, eyebrows trimmed, fingernails & toenails trimmed, clean undies, best suit and tie, polished shoes, sandwiches, flask of coffee, phone. Phone?

Must remember the phone. Must remember to charge the phone. Must remember to text on the morning to confirm everything is ok. When I arrive in the vicinity (about 2 hours later) text for address. Easy Peasy. No problems.

I know that Christmas has gone but do the wise men (and ladies) have any constructive suggestions? (I do have backup plans but don't want to influence any ideas).

I always have numbers written down and safely stored in my punting bag. If there was one around you could go into an Internet Cafe to locate a WGs site/profile, i used one for half hour not long ago and got on adultwork no problem. If you know her number you could ring her from a phone box of course.

As to what could go wrong, take your pick. In my punt that nearly wasnt i was parked up an hour early in the WGs area but a few miles away and i ran my car battery down. I rang her and i had never punted with her before but was very keen to and she said perhaps we should cancel. I said there was still time and i would walk it. After a mile it dawned on me i wouldnt make it in time so i walked into the road and stopped a car, the young guy driving looked at me as though i was a nutter. I offered him £20 and fortunately he agreed to give me a lift. I made it on time and the punt was in fact great and enhanced as i made it when i thought i wouldnt. The WG became a regular for a while. I got a cab back to my car and as if by magic the battery had recharged itself. Punting is a priority to me and i will do what it takes legally to get my end away. ;)

Edited by smiths

Because he really is a very old man with a failing mind! :o

Now you listen to me, Paul, I don't want to have a fight with you but I resent your use of the word "very". There is no need for you to exagerrate !!!

i walked into the road and stopped a car, the young guy driving looked at me as though i was a nutter. I offered him £20 and fortunately he agreed to give me a lift. I made it on time and the punt was in fact great

A classic of imaginative thinking to solve a problem. Worth me introducing the topic for that story alone. Ladies and gentlemen does anyone have a tale to match?

Punting is a priority to me and i will do what it takes legally to get my end away. ;)

A funny tale.

This sentence made me laugh out loud  :D 

I've not had a problem and I'm not worried, Lucy, but the best laid plans can always go wrong. I do have more than one backup plan of my own but, apart from any stories that Smiths or others can relate, I thought it might be helpful to newcomers (or even more experienced afficionados) to hear what backup plans others have in place. Plus also, of course, any lessons that have been learned from past mistakes. One of the ideas of this forum is to help each other.

Also, because the ladies look a things from a different point of view from the men, I thought it very possible that they might come up with a suggestion that would never occur to us men.

I got a cab back to my car and as if by magic the battery had recharged itself.  ;)

For a moment there you had discovered the Holy Grail of renewable energy and you let it slip through your fingers  :lol:

A funny tale.

This sentence made me laugh out loud  :D 

Thanks. I would of blocked the whole road up and gone from car to car offering the £20 if the first guy had driven off, it was just unthinkable i would have to cancel the punt. ;)

Thanks. I would of blocked the whole road up and gone from car to car offering the £20 if the first guy had driven off, it was just unthinkable i would have to cancel the punt. ;)

Yes, it's amazing how important a punt can become, after all the planning and organisation has been done. Tunnel vision takes over.

You are to be commended Sir  :) 

I can recall a bloke who we were going to meet off a swinging site once, said he could not get to us as his car was not working, this was an hour before meet time as well.

He only lived about 10 miles from where we were meant to be meeting as well.......you don't get time wasters like that in this world I have found.

Far too many folk have forgotten the existence of telephone boxes. In the "old days" that how we all made contact. I never left home without a supply of two shilling pieces (or Florins as they are properly known).

I am surprised that you could access AW in an internet cafe. I thought that most of these places had some form of control to prevent people using "dodgy" sites.

I am surprised that you could access AW in an internet cafe. I thought that most of these places had some form of control to prevent people using "dodgy" sites.

I always assumed that accessing dodgy sites was one of their main purposes, but I've never used one.

Far too many folk have forgotten the existence of telephone boxes. In the "old days" that how we all made contact. I never left home without a supply of two shilling pieces (or Florins as they are properly known).

Showing your age there old boy  ;) 

I only seem to have trouble getting on to AW when abroad.

I have had to go to internet cafe only once when my internet was playing up and I needed to find a blokes number out.

I logged on ok.

Many used to smell of piss and some shit so i dont miss them, i lived in a rough area where going to the toilet in a phone box was considered a luxury though. ;)

I have accessed adult sites from a number of Internet Cafes no problem, usually run by very dodgy looking individuals.

Showing your age there old boy  ;) 

I only seem to have trouble getting on to AW when abroad.

I have had to go to internet cafe only once when my internet was playing up and I needed to find a blokes number out.

I logged on ok.

Age is just a state of mind, if you still have a mind, that is! :o

On the topic of access to dodgy sites in internet cafes I may be about to be proved wrong!! Oh woe is me! :(

As other have said - make sure you have the number written down somewhere because I have known this sort of thing to happen where the guy manages to lose his phone and has no way of making contact x

One thing you can do is just get another payg phone they aren't expensive are they!  And/or get a spare battery for  your phone if it's one that pops out and charge it up as a spare.  Write numbers down on paper somewhere and use a payphone if needs be..