dick78

I Was Thinking About Stopping But...

13 posts in this topic

....that decision seems to have been taken out of my hands.  I broke a front tooth last week - second one along - right down to the gum.  Not enough to crown as there's nothing to fix to vertically, only horizontally.  Can't leave it as the hole looked so grim so it had to be taken it out.  Did that just now and now I have to wear a plate.  To be fair, it looks very convincing from the front, actually better than before, but is uncomfortable and is making me dribble.  Plus I can't speak properly. I have to wear the the bloody thing for the next fortnight, at least, until the outside of the gum heals thoroughly and then I have to wait four to six months before an implant can be considered.

It feels like an absolute passion killer and the thought of being intimate with the plate in seems very improbable.  With it out, I can't open my mouth without being massively self conscious, so that's that.  On the bright side, the money I save will go some way toward paying for the implant but I am not a happy punter at all at the moment.

Edited by dick78

Get some decent adhesive and your dental plate will remain in pace without discovery. I also had one for a while, but it withstood a full frontal onslaught from Mrs Smith and quite a few others.

Get some decent adhesive and your dental plate will remain in pace without discovery. I also had one for a while, but it withstood a full frontal onslaught from Mrs Smith and quite a few others.

...but did you dribble on her?

I have had fun like that myself. I need to lay off the Pork Scratchings.

Sounds awful, I'd feel the same.  How long before the implant? 

sod waiting till the implant, do as they say, get some dental glue and get shagging matey, dont let a little tooth issue spoil your fun and surprisingly we have met guys with missing teeth before, its no biggie so roger on xx

Edited by Chloe Kisses

One of my front teeth was capped. It snapped off whilst at breakfast one morning. They were going to make me a plate but I said "why can't I have a bridge because the teeth on either side were good". The dentist was reluctant to do it but they agreed to do a three piece bridge. Vampired the teeth on either side and made a temporary bridge. Inconvenienced for less than a week. Went back whrn the gum had healed and shrunk and temporary bridge replaced with permanent one. Much better than a plate and I was only without my smile for a few days immediately after the tooth initially broke.

For implants don't bother with the UK go straight to Budapest. Amazing the difference in cost.

Edited by gibbs

Not so either of us noticed!

I have had fun like that myself. I need to lay off the Pork Scratchings.

You leave it out mate!! There are far too many people taking up porcine products now that the horsey set have invaded Burgerland!

Us porkers need more protection from the likes of you!

Sounds awful, I'd feel the same.  How long before the implant? 

Four months minimum - and the thought of paying £2500 for it isn't great either.  That's what credit cards are for though.

One of my front teeth was capped. It snapped off whilst at breakfast one morning. They were going to make me a plate but I said "why can't I have a bridge because the teeth on either side were good". The dentist was reluctant to do it but they agreed to do a three piece bridge. Vampired the teeth on either side and made a temporary bridge. Inconvenienced for less than a week. Went back whrn the gum had healed and shrunk and temporary bridge replaced with permanent one. Much better than a plate and I was only without my smile for a few days immediately after the tooth initially broke.

For implants don't bother with the UK go straight to Budapest. Amazing the difference in cost.

My dentist said yesterday it was an option and that they could actually do it without touching the adjacent teeth and using glue, so I may well take this option. 

The Budapest option is great until there is a problem.  The chances of that happening are slight but it is very easy to get it sorted out quickly and easily with a London dentist - or his insurers...........

My dentist said yesterday it was an option and that they could actually do it without touching the adjacent teeth and using glue, so I may well take this option. 

The Budapest option is great until there is a problem.  The chances of that happening are slight but it is very easy to get it sorted out quickly and easily with a London dentist - or his insurers...........

I thought about going to Krakow for an implant, but like you worried about sudden problems. So went for the more expensive home grown variety.

For what it is worth I had the tooth missing for a while and attended several very enjoyable punts without the gap upsetting the WG.

Four months minimum - and the thought of paying £2500 for it isn't great either.  That's what credit cards are for though.

I thought about going to Krakow for an implant, but like you worried about sudden problems. So went for the more expensive home grown variety.

It is, of course, very important if you are considering dental treatment abroad to investigate very thoroughly before committing yourself. I personally have never had any treatment abroad but know several people who have had treatment. (I don't have any shares etc by the way).

I know of someone who had extensive implants for £8000 whereas the best UK quote was £18,000. Someone else, for less than £3000, had a re-inforced top plate plus implants and capped teeth on the bottom. I have seen one of the dental clinics in Budapest and wouldn't dismiss the suggestion without due consideration. If caution is paramount the have the treatment in this country obviously.

If going for this treatment consider going to someone away from London. Far cheaper