pollyp23

Ladies: What Do You Do About Your Periods?

26 posts in this topic

Well, I can't think of another way of asking.

I gather that if you take the pill or have an implant, they stop?

Is this healthy?

One of my retired Ladies used to say that in order to have break, it was usually when she was on Holiday and not working which used to annoy her Husband as he wouldn't have sex with her while on Holiday.

I also note the term 'Period Play' on AW. Not something I fancy, presumably it happens?

Well, I can't think of another way of asking.

I gather that if you take the pill or have an implant, they stop?

Is this healthy?

One of my retired Ladies used to say that in order to have break, it was usually when she was on Holiday and not working which used to annoy her Husband as he wouldn't have sex with her while on Holiday.

I also note the term 'Period Play' on AW. Not something I fancy, presumably it happens?

Take time off.  Also... never work when I have a cold or feel in any way under par

Take time off.  Also... never work when I have a cold or feel in any way under par

I don't punt when feeling under par or have a cold. Its only fair.

Some girls use something known as a "sponge" to work through their periods, if she says no fingering when she usually doesn't mind, now you know why.

Some girls use something known as a "sponge" to work through their periods, if she says no fingering when she usually doesn't mind, now you know why.

But what about intercourse: wouldn't a sponge be felt then?

I am one of the unlucky ones that has very heavy and painful periods.  I've never been regular and on occasion have suffered twice in one month, which is a real pain in this industry.  I'm currently on the NHS waiting list to have fibroids removed (one of the main causes for such heavy periods) and then have my womb cauterised to stop them, as all other methods of contraception that I've tried haven't worked, and I'm a bit reluctant to have a hysterectomy as it means I won't be able to do anything for 3 months.  Sorry to be so graphic, but you did ask. lol

Edited by Dexi

I have a Mirena coil fitted.

It takes them away.

Brilliant.

Lucy  :)

I am one of the unlucky ones that has very heavy and painful periods.  I've never been regular and on occasion have suffered twice in one month, which is a real pain in this industry.  I'm currently on the NHS waiting list to have fibroids removed (one of the main causes for such heavy periods) and then have my womb cauterised to stop them, as all other methods of contraception that I've tried haven't worked, and I'm a bit reluctant to have a hysterectomy as it means I won't be able to do anything for 3 months.  Sorry to be so graphic, but you did ask. lol

Its no problem. An ex partner of mine had the same operation.

I can take several packs of pills without a break, then I time my period for when I'm not going to be working. I gave myself a period for Christmas ;)

Same as Lucy- have a Mirena which has magicked them away!

One of the best things I ever did- not just for work, but in general. 

Tried the mirena, but it didn't work.  I had it for 3 months and bled heavier than usual the whole 3 months.  That was definitely the worst one for me.

I can take several packs of pills without a break, then I time my period for when I'm not going to be working. I gave myself a period for Christmas ;)

:lol: :lol:

I was at the dr's today as the Depo isn't working, and his suggestion was the combined pill!  I do wonder if dr's actually read your medical history beforehand, as if he had of done he would have seen all the cotraceptives I've been on.  Bloody idiot (excuse the pun ;) ).

Not all pills and implants stop them no.It depends on what type you have.I take cerazette which stops mine.Dome ladies use a sponge bit it increases your chances of getting things like thrush and b.v so if I wasn't on Cerazette I probably wouldn't work during my period.

The implant can have a variety of effects, even on the same woman - she may experience complete loss for a few months, then bleed for several weeks. Just depends.

Personally when I'm into my fitness training my periods tend to be few and far between, and then quite light. Every so often I'll have a heavy one, sometimes this coincides with time off as it did at Christmas, if not I'll take a day or two off cancelling any advance bookings but that's quite rare. 

I had a Total Hysterectomy at a young age (29) and have to say it was the best thing I ever did. I was back on my feet in less than three weeks too, but obviously had to take things slowly with regards to anything too physical. The other thing that was difficult at the time was going into the change virtually overnight, all those things that creep up on most women slowly as they age I got the lot all in one go, night sweats, hot flushes, going red and so on.

I was told that sex could be difficult due to dryness, that never happened. I was told that my sex drive could lessen, that never happened. I was told that I may feel less of a woman after losing my womb and ability to bear children, that never happened either. In fact I felt extremely liberated, no more monthly pain, no more having to take the pill, no more mood swings and no more periods EVER, what could be better?

That couple of months going through that was more than worth it when you take into consideration how many weeks of your life are affected if you don't. Thinking back on it if I was working back then I could probably only have done one week out of three because of the painful periods, stomach pains and painful breast on the other three weeks.

A regular of mine who I know well enough to discuss such matters has an injection every so often (Depo - something, you ladies may know it??)which stops the periods. however, during that time her breasts do swell a bit and are tender, which I have noticed.

Do you mean you wrote that on the note to Santa Claus that you shoved up the chimney? And he delivered it in his sack on Christmas Morning?? The picture I have in my mind just now is too wonderful to describe.

When I was young a period was described as "a bloody waste of fucking time". Make of that what you will!

Do you mean you wrote that on the note to Santa Claus that you shoved up the chimney? And he delivered it in his sack on Christmas Morning?? The picture I have in my mind just now is too wonderful to describe.

You have no idea how much of a 'good' girl I had to be to get that little treat :)

Dexi - sorry to read this - I am so with you on this one.  I had the most awful time - even after I had my children, the nasty periods did not go away and my doctor promised me they would :(  I have a Mirena Coil fitted and it more or less takes everything away.. just a little spotting for me at that time of the month, but nothing like it was before - and I have fibroids too.  They wanted to do the hysterectomy but that would have brought early menopause on so I opted for the coil and it worked.  Every other woman I have spoken to who has this coil says it is the best thing they ever did. x

I had a Total Hysterectomy at a young age (29) and have to say it was the best thing I ever did. I was back on my feet in less than three weeks too, but obviously had to take things slowly with regards to anything too physical. The other thing that was difficult at the time was going into the change virtually overnight, all those things that creep up on most women slowly as they age I got the lot all in one go, night sweats, hot flushes, going red and so on.

I was told that sex could be difficult due to dryness, that never happened. I was told that my sex drive could lessen, that never happened. I was told that I may feel less of a woman after losing my womb and ability to bear children, that never happened either. In fact I felt extremely liberated, no more monthly pain, no more having to take the pill, no more mood swings and no more periods EVER, what could be better?

That couple of months going through that was more than worth it when you take into consideration how many weeks of your life are affected if you don't. Thinking back on it if I was working back then I could probably only have done one week out of three because of the painful periods, stomach pains and painful breast on the other three weeks.

With my track record, I'll be just my luck that I lose my sex drive and go dry. :(:)

Dexi - sorry to read this - I am so with you on this one.  I had the most awful time - even after I had my children, the nasty periods did not go away and my doctor promised me they would :(  I have a Mirena Coil fitted and it more or less takes everything away.. just a little spotting for me at that time of the month, but nothing like it was before - and I have fibroids too.  They wanted to do the hysterectomy but that would have brought early menopause on so I opted for the coil and it worked.  Every other woman I have spoken to who has this coil says it is the best thing they ever did. x

The Mirena was probably the worst of all the contraceptives I tried (well, the copper coil was just as bad actually).  I had it for 3 months and bled the whole time and heavier than usual. I was so glad to get shut.  They are such a bain of my life that I'll be glad when I have my op, and hopefully I can throw out the Tena Ladies then. lol

But what about intercourse: wouldn't a sponge be felt then?

Never detected one with my cock, I have with my tongue though.... :eek:

A warning would have been nice.

I simply see it as holiday time. If I have a pre planned tour that cannot be changed I simply do not take a break in my pill but generally like to take them as normal. I do find I get extra horny when I am at that time of month but could never work during it, just not for me.

You have no idea how much of a 'good' girl I had to be to get that little treat :)

But I don't want to meet "good" girls. Please will you let me know when you have started to be "bad" again!

Never detected one with my cock, I have with my tongue though.... :eek:

A warning would have been nice.

Well you must have a long one......tongue that is  ;) 

Lucy  :)