Followers 0
youveryniceman

Laura Lee On Nolan Show With Lord Morrow Re Proposed Law In Ni

35 posts in this topic

Laura! You were excellent!

I love how calm you were.

Who was the interviewer?

Thanks for the link.

It would of made a most interesting debate if Lord Morrow would of answered a question raised properly!

He actually seemed to have no proper knowledge of the sex business and kept on citing one point over and over again about a 23 year old EE lady who spoke to him.

I could not figure out the host at all, one time he seemed to be most understanding of a lady who sells sex and a man who wished to buy it.

Then 10 minutes later he was throwing it out to the audience about "how would they feel if their sister etc was a sex worker" sort of stuff but in a derogatory way.

Laura held her own admirably, she managed to get a few valid points over without rolling her eyes or looking at Lord Morrow in disdain at some of the comments he was making.

I thought the young man from Leeds added some spice and a personal point of view as to why he does sex in the paid way.

I wish he had refrained from the end personal comment to Lord Morrow though, but can understand why he said it  :)

Someone tell him to join this forum.....

Lucy  :)

Thanks for the link.

It would of made a most interesting debate if Lord Morrow would of answered a question raised properly!

He actually seemed to have no proper knowledge of the sex business and kept on citing one point over and over again about a 23 year old EE lady who spoke to him.

I could not figure out the host at all, one time he seemed to be most understanding of a lady who sells sex and a man who wished to buy it.

Then 10 minutes later he was throwing it out to the audience about "how would they feel if their sister etc was a sex worker" sort of stuff but in a derogatory way.

Laura held her own admirably, she managed to get a few valid points over without rolling her eyes or looking at Lord Morrow in disdain at some of the comments he was making.

I thought the young man from Leeds added some spice and a personal point of view as to why he does sex in the paid way.

I wish he had refrained from the end personal comment to Lord Morrow though, but can understand why he said :)

Someone tell him to join this forum.....

Lucy  :)

Who was the interviewer?

stephen nolan tried to be balanced so had to be like devils advocate, lord morrow came accross as a bumbling preacher who the audience were laughing at,  good to see that people have more intelligence than politicians think and are able to see through propaganda.

Laura kept her cool and came accross well, hopefully laura will inspire more sex workers to become politicised to challenge moral supremacists like lord morrow

That lord Morrow guy looked like a bitter old man being denied sex by his wife but without the balls to do anything about it except try and deny others from having fun.

Any well done  Laura !

Good for you Laura. :)

Morrow looked like a man who knew he did not have any real facts at his fingertips from the start.

As Asta said his speech and body language were wrong.

The problem is that so many "uncommitted" people don't have any real facts at their fingertips either. Unless they are punters or SPs their knowledge of the sex industry is about as good as our knowledge of the Etruscans.

Anyway, bless you for being brave enough to stand up and be counted. :)

I wasn't really very impressed with Asta. All that "back in your box" stuff was inappropriate given the forum and didn't come across very well

That lord Morrow guy looked like a bitter old man being denied sex by his wife but without the balls to do anything about it except try and deny others from having fun.

Any well done  Laura !

"...they don't use my body, they use my skills, and I'm a 5'9 dominatrix" I love it!

I'm amazed how calm you are Laura. I'd have wanted to whip the little man's butt!  :angry:

Nolan seemed to give Lord Morrow a lot of time to talk his BS, but not allow Laura much time at all. While I welcome Morrow being given enough rope to hang himself I'd have preferred to see Laura have more time to educate people on the shortcomings of Lord Morrow's arguments.

Lord Morrow seemed to base his opinions on having to speak for a trafficked prostitute that no one but him seems to know anything about, and some fantasy notion that criminalising the punters a la the Swedish model would solve all the problems of sex trafficking. First of all he seems to have no scruples about criminalising harmless men who should in no way be classed as criminals, secondly he needs to get educated about the activities of Pye Jacobson over the past few years, an insider in the Swedish sex trade who knows the Swedish model is a failure.

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2008/02/09/against-swedish-model

http://indiacso.ning.com/profiles/blogs/press-release-sex-workers-freedom-festival-23rd-july

Anyone know what pluggin I need to view the above piece and if it is available on android?

Anyone know what pluggin I need to view the above piece and if it is available on android?

I watched it on my android phone while sat at my work flat...all i can do is echo what others have said good on you Laura. He was a typical politician not answering a straight question with a straight answer.

Nolan seemed to give Lord Morrow a lot of time to talk his BS, but not allow Laura much time at all.

Agree. Morrow did get the lion's share of the talking time, and seemed entitled to it as well he kept talking over others and saying "let me finish" as if he was the king or something. And he seemed to completely avoid answering certain questions.

He seemed to imply at one point that those who wanted legal prostitution would want to ignore trafficked victims like that East Europe lady he kept talking about. Sounds like a strawman argument to me, I don't see any reason why we can't keep prostitution legal AND help those who are trafficked.

@enzio you need the Flash plugin and you need Javascript enabled.

Agree. Morrow did get the lion's share of the talking time, and seemed entitled to it as well he kept talking over others and saying "let me finish" as if he was the king or something. And he seemed to completely avoid answering certain questions.

He seemed to imply at one point that those who wanted legal prostitution would want to ignore trafficked victims like that East Europe lady he kept talking about. Sounds like a strawman argument to me, I don't see any reason why we can't keep prostitution legal AND help those who are trafficked.

You are quite right. There is no reason why this could not be the case. You know that. I know that. I imagine that everybody on this forum knows that. I am certain that there are people not on this forum that know that. But for Harriet and her sisters it is not really about trafficking, whatever they may say. It is purely and simply about denying men easy access to sex. Why? They just don't like us. That's it and all about it.

I noticed the lack of time given to Laura also. I also noticed just how rushed through the last female audience member was when she posed a very vital question. "Why are you not concentrating on going after the traffickers as if it werent for them the trafficked girls wouldnt be there" was met with okay times up and a very garbled repeat answer from Morrow saying the same thing he had been parroting.

I also didnt hear Laura say anything glamorous?? That comment made no sense to me. This programme came over as if it had a pre decided agenda which was to give Morrow a platform and Laura token voice time.

You came over very restrained Laura

I noticed the lack of time given to Laura also. I also noticed just how rushed through the last female audience member was when she posed a very vital question. "Why are you not concentrating on going after the traffickers as if it werent for them the trafficked girls wouldnt be there" was met with okay times up and a very garbled repeat answer from Morrow saying the same thing he had been parroting.

But for Harriet and her sisters it is not really about trafficking, whatever they may say. It is purely and simply about denying men easy access to sex. Why? They just don't like us. That's it and all about it.

i think its more to do with a hatred of women who sell sex, as male sex workers don't get the same hostility that female sex workers get

1) The interviewer was excellent. (Never heard of him - who is he?) Wouldn't be bullshitted, but avoided a Paxman-style sneer, but did it in a man-of-the-people "answer the fokking question" way. Of course he changed sides - he's there to ask the questions other people would want to ask.

2) His lordship marked a new low in public discourse. Just as well he was given all that time to blather - he just talked himself into a corner. I noticed his fondness for the phrase, "I happen to believe that..." which means "I can't justify this but I'm going to say it anyway".

3) Laura did just fine with the time she was given.

Edited by Mr. Bloom

Laura didn't need to say very much. She made her points clearly and well.

The more time for his Lordship the better. Every time he opened his mouth he undermined his case

He did not seem to have much support from the studio audience or the on screen comments.

i think its more to do with a hatred of women who sell sex, as male sex workers don't get the same hostility that female sex workers get