Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starsalign

Tips For Smelling Good?

62 posts in this topic

Ladies that I know (the few WG's i've seen and non WG's in general life) always seem to smell lovely! I guess perfume or whatever they use is easier to apply as it usually has that squeeze ball which releases more scent and you can quickly apply it all over in an evenly fashion  without being overbearing. 

My choice when going out (and when i've seen a WG) is always Lynx Africa for the body and Only the Brave is my choice of aftershave however it seems the moment I step outside, get in the car/train ect the scent just eventually dies away before I get there. 

I just wondered if the guys use an cologne/aftershave how they apply it? With aftershave I spray twice on both side of the cheek, on the neck and on the wrists, with lynx a few sprays under the arm and then a quick "Z" across the body. Thats apparently not enough coz I feel it's all gone by the time I get there (unless i carry them with me and do another quick spray before I get to the door) But i keep thinking if I spray anymore i'll stink up the place! 

I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather punters didn't use fragrance at all - I don't like myself or my home smelling of it, plus if it's strong it irritates my skin and it tastes horrible. Plain clean people smell much nicer (and I wouldn't wear perfume unless it was asked for, either).

I do wish that more would learn the difference between deodorant/body spray and proper anti-perspirant, and then put that knowledge to good use.

Edited by AdorableAmy

i wash and then a use an odourless roll on. then just one spray of aftershave

theres no need to have such a strong smell. so what if it fades?

i cant stand it when you can smell someone from 6ft away.

in my opinion you should only smell it once you get in close proximity like face to face

I admit a permanent soft spot for a guy who comes along smelling of Chanel Sport, especially if he still smells of it when his clothes are off mmmm

I do not like it when people randomly spray deoderant on their chest, neck and ffs down their boxers, it tastes disgusting and leaves the worst feeling on your tongue..guys..aim it at where its meant to be, its not meant to be a full body coating you know. How can we lick your nipples when you ask if you have deoderant coated them..noooooo

Edited by Chloe Kisses

I do not like it when people randomly spray deoderant on their chest, neck and ffs down their boxers, it tastes disgusting and leaves the worst feeling on your tongue..guys..aim it at where its meant to be, its not meant to be a full body coating you know

This ^^ Nothing worse licking off spray deodorant and even worse when done down the boxers.

But do like a nice smell of a guy put in the right places. One of my clients uses a soap from L'occitane and the smell is just luuuvlyy!

And the right places would be?

This ^^ Nothing worse licking off spray deodorant and even worse when done down the boxers.

But do like a nice smell of a guy put in the right places. One of my clients uses a soap from L'occitane and the smell is just luuuvlyy!

Is this the stuff? :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LOccitane-Verbena-Soap-100g/dp/B00021B4I4

It ought to smell nice, it is £11.00 for 100g!!! :D :D

Edited by zipless

And the right places would be?

Soap all over obviously.. Aftershave on the cheeks and deodorant under the arms :)

Its quite possible you may think its faded but you will still smell of it Stars.All perfumes and aftershaves have a top note and then when its been on the skin for a while a subtler middle note.It sounds like you will be smelling fine already.

Its true that some men seem to think bodyspray stops them sweating or smelling sweaty..it doesn't.Better to use a proper antiperspirant.

Soap all over obviously.. Aftershave on the cheeks and deodorant under the arms :)

Stardrops....... ;)

Quick scrub with that and the jobs a good un  :D

Its quite possible you may think its faded but you will still smell of it Stars.All perfumes and aftershaves have a top note and then when its been on the skin for a while a subtler middle note.It sounds like you will be smelling fine already.

Its true that some men seem to think bodyspray stops them sweating or smelling sweaty..it doesn't.Better to use a proper antiperspirant.

So you think Lynx probably not the way to go? Lynx is an antiperspirant...right? I dont know i just buy the stuff for the brand name  :wacko:

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bibi" data-cid="488368" data-time="1360445447"><p>

Its true that some men seem to think bodyspray stops them sweating or smelling sweaty..it doesn't.Better to use a proper antiperspirant.</p></blockquote>

Actually, without wishing to sound pedantic there's a futher distinction : as Bibi says, an antiperspirant will help to keep you dry and reduces sweating and a bodyspray adds a nice scent but doesn't necessarily stop you sweating or smelling of sweat.

However, the human body is designed to sweat so if antiperspirants aren't your thing, a good DEODORANT neutralises the bacteria that smell in sweat, so whilst it won't keep you dry like an antiperspirant, it should stop you smelling of sweat by killing the appropriate bacteria.

Personally I use a good deodorant as I find antiperspirants to be chalky and more likely to leave a white stain on clothing

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bibi" data-cid="488368" data-time="1360445447"><p>

Its true that some men seem to think bodyspray stops them sweating or smelling sweaty..it doesn't.Better to use a proper antiperspirant.</p></blockquote>

Actually, without wishing to sound pedantic there's a futher distinction : as Bibi says, an antiperspirant will help to keep you dry and reduces sweating and a bodyspray adds a nice scent but doesn't necessarily stop you sweating or smelling of sweat.

However, the human body is designed to sweat so if antiperspirants aren't your thing, a good DEODORANT neutralises the bacteria that smell in sweat, so whilst it won't keep you dry like an antiperspirant, it should stop you smelling of sweat by killing the appropriate bacteria.

Personally I use a good deodorant as I find antiperspirants to be chalky and more likely to leave a white stain on clothing

What deodrant do you recommend?

Everybody does need to sweat, but temporarily preventing the body from doing so in small areas like the underarms doesn't do any harm.

Whilst deodorant on it's own might be OK for somebody who doesn't sweat much (or when the weather's mild), it's effect just gets washed away by somebody who does. The other problem with either type is that if the armpit is very hairy, the stuff will never reach the skin where it's needed, and deodorant won't stop the bacteria working on the shirt that's being worn either (I've smelt some absolutely fetid shirts from people who didn't turn out to honk that much once they'd been taken off).

To be fair, the main problem I've found is blokes having no idea how to wash under their arms thoroughly in the first place and how often it needs doing. It's like a blank spot even with people who are otherwise fine and fragrant (without the wee-smelling pubes, even).

I despise the Lynx sprays, who wants to smell like a hopeful teenage boy other than an actual teenage boy? The other thing is that male scents seem to cling to my skin forever, no matter how much I shower and some perfumes are linked to strong memories, so I prefer a guy to just be freshly showered and wearing a neutral deodorant. That's on the nice to have list, my personal opinion, we are in the service industry after all. The only thing I truly have to insist on - no Fenjal products please, I don't see how men can possibly think it an appealling scent for themselves, my nan uses that stuff!

To be honest, rather than worrying about perfume and stuff - the state of your mouth and todger along with what you eat and your general health will have a much stronger influence on how good you smell.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="starsalign" data-cid="488400" data-time="1360448682"><p>

<br />

What deodrant do you recommend?</p></blockquote>

I use Hugo Boss - it *appears* to do the job but I guess that's all in the eyes (or noses!) of the beholder to confirm!

I'd like to add that I definitely prefer a lady NOT to wear perfume - for the obvious reason that coming home with the lingering scent of someone else's Chanel on me is not a good idea.

Surely the better and more professional WGs would not wear perfume unless specifically requested?

I despise the Lynx sprays, who wants to smell like a hopeful teenage boy other than an actual teenage boy? The other thing is that male scents seem to cling to my skin forever, no matter how much I shower and some perfumes are linked to strong memories, so I prefer a guy to just be freshly showered and wearing a neutral deodorant. That's on the nice to have list, my personal opinion, we are in the service industry after all. The only thing I truly have to insist on - no Fenjal products please, I don't see how men can possibly think it an appealling scent for themselves, my nan uses that stuff!

To be honest, rather than worrying about perfume and stuff - the state of your mouth and todger along with what you eat and your general health will have a much stronger influence on how good you smell.