thedarkknightrises

How Frustrating/annoying Is It To Have A No Show Esp Late At Night

13 posts in this topic

So here I am in my hotel room, it's 10.30pm & I have had been stood up by my booking from AW.

She has over 30 feedbacks all positive but did not let me know she would not turn up .... no email, text or phone call. she confirmed 2 hours before the booking but then nothing. I gave her all the details... the hotel I am staying at, the room number, address with post code & directions from the nearest tube station if she needed it. 

I emailed at 8pm asking if she would do a booking tonight & she could chose the time, she replied back saying she could make 10pm & asked for the details, I gave her all the details & she said everything was fine & she would see me at 10pm ..... I don't like to punt on a full stomach so i put of dinner until after..... showered & waited & waited ...... but nothing..... no txt saying she will be late or she can't make it etc......

Now maybe she had a emergency or could not get away.... I understand that but a simple txt,email or phone call saying so surely is not too much to ask is it?

Don't want to call her a time waster but if I did the same to her..... I would be called a lot more....

Off to the bar, hopefully they are still serving food.... maybe there's a hot girl waiting for me..... then again knowing my luck it's all closed up !!

Sorry for ranting.

In her defence, sometimes an emergency is quite significant and either she may not be able to text or the emergency is a lot more important than a single client and her mind is more focused on the issue.  Alternatively, she could have lost her phone, etc.

I will agree that being stood up is not good and it gets you frustrated! luckily it has only happened to me once and this was where I visited her (actually, 2x her) in a hotel and I was stood at their door with no one answering.  Sufficed to say, half decent hotel and I felt a bit like a lemon and a security guard came checking maintenance doors while I was waiting...

After that, i was trying to find another meet as I was quite randy, unfortunately it was late and the meet i did get was not what I was after, though it was significantly cheaper!

Know just how you feel.

Couple of weeks ago, had a punt arranged as incall at her place 30 miles from where I was staying. Had a shite journey to my hotel, delays checking in, then a quick shower and down the road to get the cash and a bottle of wine from the local coop. We'd arranged for an 8.30pm start and at 7.30 I get the message she was very unwell, and couldn't meet !! Very apologetic, and no sense in being arsey with the lady.

Oddly, I wasn't that bothered, took it on the chin and went back to the hotel for a good meal, nicer that the McD's I'd have had post-punt driving home. And that's pre the recent food scares.

Had other no shows in Spalding, Edinburgh and Birmingham, and no plan B, as by the time you find out, plan B is also useless. I tend to avoid really late appointments as it attracts attention, and I am never at my best.

Had a crap night myself...went into my flat even though had decided on a day off..because a guy i met up with the other week wanted a meet. He phoned this morning arranged a time and then rang later and asked to meet earlier than arranged i obliged. I arrived at the flat and he cancelled by text half an hour before the booking....I was a bit like sigh because i had wasted part of my day off for nothing and travel fare money also....anyway no mater someone else rang as it happened for an 8pm booking as i was there i thought okey dokey then..and he never showed...so all in all a complete waste of time sort of evening...yes its very annoying on both sides and totally sympathise!

No professional.

One question did you make phone contact when confirming the booking?

Second yes can be very annoying, and I won't accept late evening bookings after a certain times without a deposit these days - just not worth getting everything sorted out, for someone not to bother(and most of my requests for late evenings come across as fairly flaky in their approach).

I have, in the past, had a couple of cancellations on the day of the booking, but plan B or C always worked.

One of the benefits of having "regulars" can be illustrated by the following.

I booked a lovely regular for next Monday, several weeks in advance. While we were planning the booking she received a cancellation for 10 minutes' time from when we were talking. I took that newly-vacant slot as I was not busy at that moment.

Last week the lady contacted me asking for permission to call me and then told me that, due to a family issue, she had to cancel next Monday. She was so apologetic but I had two weeks to arrange an alternative.

I, naturally, gave the regular first call on my next free date.

It is very frustrating when a sp or a client just doesn't bother to turn up, and doesn't even let you know (it's very unprofessional of the sp).  I have had on occasion guys do this to me.  Only once did a chap ring a day or so after and apologied because he had an emergancy, and was unable to contact me at the time of the booking, which is perfectly understandable. 

I do wonder occasionally when these kind of threads pop up, if I get a no show (especially when the client has sounded very genuine on the phone), is the client just a TW or if they've had an accident and worse still died.  You'd have no way of knowing as their family wouldn't contact you to let you know.

the biggest let down I have experienced was making a phone call to a parlour and to be told yes we have a lady available

on arriving 20 mins latter I was told another punter had just turned up and wanted the 2 ladies for an hour.......however I was invited in and welcome to wait, no thanks, whilst that lucky bugger upstairs was getting a good seeing to by 2 ladies

the biggest let down I have experienced was making a phone call to a parlour and to be told yes we have a lady available

on arriving 20 mins latter I was told another punter had just turned up and wanted the 2 ladies for an hour.......however I was invited in and welcome to wait, no thanks, whilst that lucky bugger upstairs was getting a good seeing to by 2 ladies

It is very frustrating when a sp or a client just doesn't bother to turn up, and doesn't even let you know (it's very unprofessional of the sp).  I have had on occasion guys do this to me.  Only once did a chap ring a day or so after and apologied because he had an emergancy, and was unable to contact me at the time of the booking, which is perfectly understandable. 

I do wonder occasionally when these kind of threads pop up, if I get a no show (especially when the client has sounded very genuine on the phone), is the client just a TW or if they've had an accident and worse still died.  You'd have no way of knowing as their family wouldn't contact you to let you know.

Edited by Strawberry

I once was a bit cross with someone who'd I'd let off confirmation knowing he was fairly reliable, saw his death in the paper a few weeks later. It was not a death I would have expected from outward appearances. Felt terrible and another reason to have a definite confirmation time on the day. Then either party knows for sure without being indiscrete.

So many guys say "I'll definitely be there, don't worry" to which I reply "Please don't say that, the number of things that seem to happen between someone promising to be genuinely attending their booking, then disappearing or accidents and illness occuring is so high I'd not like to think you were jinxing yourself".

Have you ever tried phoning their number witheld to see if it's picked up?Not something I recommend since it's not discrete but you don't have to say anything. I once decided to do this as an experiment when I was pretty sure I was being led up the garden path, and it was quite telling!

Looks like money talked on that occasion but I dont blame you for not waiting.  You would have probably been so horny when you did get in your would have shot your load in 2 seconds flat.  Definitely not your moneys worth. :(

Know just how you feel.

Couple of weeks ago, had a punt arranged as incall at her place 30 miles from where I was staying. Had a shite journey to my hotel, delays checking in, then a quick shower and down the road to get the cash and a bottle of wine from the local coop. We'd arranged for an 8.30pm start and at 7.30 I get the message she was very unwell, and couldn't meet !! Very apologetic, and no sense in being arsey with the lady.

Oddly, I wasn't that bothered, took it on the chin and went back to the hotel for a good meal, nicer that the McD's I'd have had post-punt driving home. And that's pre the recent food scares.

Had other no shows in Spalding, Edinburgh and Birmingham, and no plan B, as by the time you find out, plan B is also useless. I tend to avoid really late appointments as it attracts attention, and I am never at my best.