rjjc

Talk About Indiscreet!

41 posts in this topic

I was cooling down after a good meet a week or so ago when my companion asked why I had chosen her. One of the reasons I gave was that I liked her photos (face not obscured) on the agency website.

I did remark though about the quality of the photos, some of which I said could have come from Facebook (although there's a lot to be said for the candid style pic).

Anyway, a few days later, just to test my theory, I ran her agency pic through Google image-finder, and lo and behold, it threw up a Facebook entry. No doubt at all it was the girl with whom I'd had a good time previously.

Rather sweetly she listed her "Works at" as "Self-employed"

Her Facebook profile was under a nickname, but her real name (nickname first name, real name surname) was clear from the page web address, and other information matched what she'd told me.

It only took a moment to find her twitter account (dormant) for the same girl.

She had over 200 friends on FB (and a rather fierce-looking family member) so it would take no trouble at all to expose her, if I was so inclined, which I'm not.

Might be an idea for girls to be told to watch out for this sort of thing if there's an induction to the profession.

I don't understand this interest in checking up on wgs. I want my punts to be in a bubble where I know nothing about them outside that bubble and they know even less about me.

Its frightening really. you only need to put in some similar details and everything gets linked to the original data source.

Yes was emailing back and forth with a wg off the purple site yesterday and she REALLY wanted a pic of me before a meet. Now I just don't want that to be 'out there' for all the reasons above

It's your email address that can give the game away.  A while back I had emailed a local parlour for some details using the same email adress I used on facebook then on facebook up pops the parlour owner in 'people you may know' together with several of his staff who he is obviously freinds with in RL.

It would not be too difficult to find the true identity of a wg - why would you want to though?

People don't generally do image searches.

Yes was emailing back and forth with a wg off the purple site yesterday and she REALLY wanted a pic of me before a meet. Now I just don't want that to be 'out there' for all the reasons above

I was cooling down after a good meet a week or so ago when my companion asked why I had chosen her. One of the reasons I gave was that I liked her photos (face not obscured) on the agency website.

I did remark though about the quality of the photos, some of which I said could have come from Facebook (although there's a lot to be said for the candid style pic).

Anyway, a few days later, just to test my theory, I ran her agency pic through Google image-finder, and lo and behold, it threw up a Facebook entry. No doubt at all it was the girl with whom I'd had a good time previously.

Her Facebook profile was under a nickname, but her real name (nickname first name, real name surname) was clear from the page web address, and other information matched what she'd told me.

It only took a moment to find her twitter account (dormant) for the same girl.

She had over 200 friends on FB (and a rather fierce-looking family member) so it would take no trouble at all to expose her, if I was so inclined, which I'm not.

Might be an idea for girls to be told to watch out for this sort of thing if there's an induction to the profession.

one wg i found had links to several areas of the net some of which would cause her some embarrassment, loss of job etc

I don't understand this interest in checking up on wgs. I want my punts to be in a bubble where I know nothing about them outside that bubble and they know even less about me.

Well, that's my primary school Christmas memories stuffed!

Yet another reason for steering very clear of the "social networks".I fail to see any attraction but do see lots of risks.

Yes, also watch out for apps like "whatsapp". Have a hobby phone to avoid being "found" if the other person this app and punches in your number!

Yet another reason for steering very clear of the "social networks".I fail to see any attraction but do see lots of risks.

porker paul , Sir you are spot on !

Actually, you might be surprised.  Given the number of fakes and scammers out there, I will normaly shove a profile photo or two through Google reverse image search to see if they have been lifted from else where - this is certainly quicker than spending time writing and email to a gallery scam or lets me know if they are likely to not be the girl in the photo.

Question...

Why would you be emailing from your actual,main account anyway?I have multiple email accounts.My main ones,and ones for signing up to various stuff.
I never sign up to anything from my main account,if for no other reason than,a lot of forums,social networking and other sites,even if they dont pass your email details on,make them visible and you can end up spammed to hell.

Actually, you might be surprised.  Given the number of fakes and scammers out there, I will normaly shove a profile photo or two through Google reverse image search to see if they have been lifted from else where - this is certainly quicker than spending time writing and email to a gallery scam or lets me know if they are likely to not be the girl in the photo.

Question...

Why do you find it "rather sweet" that she's listed herself as "self-employed"? That's what MY FB "works at" says...why is it sweet?

Question...

Why do you find it "rather sweet" that she's listed herself as "self-employed"? That's what MY FB "works at" says...why is it sweet?

Sorry if I was offensive - didn't mean to be.

The other thing is that my original post was meant to highlight how careful WGs must be online as, if anyone is so inclined and with a fairly basic level of IT skill, it can often be fairly straightforward to make a connection between a professional profile and a personal one

Sorry if I was offensive - didn't mean to be.

The other thing is that my original post was meant to highlight how careful WGs must be online as, if anyone is so inclined and with a fairly basic level of IT skill, it can often be fairly straightforward to make a connection between a professional profile and a personal one