Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lancelot

Vasectomy

17 posts in this topic

I am sure there have been threads on this topic buy anyway.

I don't want any more children and I'm getting fed up having to use condoms all the time in my marriage. I would not put her to the trouble of going on the pill.

Am considering vasectomy but am scared of the procedure. Reading about what exactly happens made me feel nauseous.

Can somebody who has actually had it done tell me what it is like? During and after.

Obviously I can't not being a man and all that, but had to say this.   Its heart warming to know that there are men out there that care enough about their women's health not to want them to take the pill or have to get sterilised.

Well done you.

Hugs H x 

LOL....  had it done years ago and never regretted it. (it doesn't make you impotent / you don't grow tits / develop a womans voice so disregard all these urban myths :D  ) I'ts quick - maybe 20 min, relatively painless although having another bloke playing with your bollocks while weilding a scalpel doen't sit well in the mind during the procedure !  Maybe you could ask for a female surgeon ?

The only 'funny' thing I remember is coming back from the clinic with a slightly sore ball sack which is to be expected, however the doc had given me a couple of pain killers which I took - these knocked me out and I fell asleep in front of the fire. Great ! but when I woke up I realised I'd been laying on / squashing my bollocks  OUCH OUCH !!!

The mrs thought it was funny anyway......

I will echo all that Bert has said. I had mine over 25 years ago. The whole procedure took about 15 mins (I had it done in my lunch hour!). No pain during the op and only mild discomfort during the afternoon. I tried to sit more or less still and certainly didn't go rushing about the office. In the evening I had to drive 230 miles and when I arrived I was a bit sore and uncomfortable owing to the 4 hours of sitting motionless.

It took me about 12 days "to get back in the saddle" but I had to use condoms for about 3 weeks till my tubes were all clear. They will give you a test kit and you give them a sample after 2 weeks or so and wait for the all clear.

I would have no hesitation in recommending a vasectomy. There are no adverse side effects.

I had mine in about 1985.  Went to hosp day unit. They put in a local, and the procedure was totally painless.  Far less than having a tooth out.

I was a bit swollen and a little sore for a couple of days after, since then it has been fine :)

Takes away the anxiety of possible conception.

Wedding tackle has worked fine since then.

downside is you have some scar tissue in your scrotum.  So when they say you should check for lumps on your testicles you have to ignore thise lumps. but you get to know them and I assume you would know if there had been a  change triggering a visit to the quack.

They do have a session where they discuss what they are going to do and make you talk through the consequenses of being unable to have kids ever again. 

(I know it is theoretically reversable but not sure it is that reliable.)

Obviously I can't not being a man and all that, but had to say this.   Its heart warming to know that there are men out there that care enough about their women's health not to want them to take the pill or have to get sterilised.

Well done you.

Hugs H x 

Quite a few woman over the years have said to me - the pill "fucks them up"

Quite a few woman over the years have said to me - the pill "fucks them up"

I had it done over 20 years ago at a similar time to my brother-in-law. I had no adverse effects at all but unfortunately for him he walked like John Wayne for 24 hours and apparently hurt like hell. I think it goes to show that like a lot of things they may be similar but not the same. Neither of us have regretted having it done.

I had it done over 20 years ago at a similar time to my brother-in-law. I had no adverse effects at all but unfortunately for him he walked like John Wayne for 24 hours and apparently hurt like hell. I think it goes to show that like a lot of things they may be similar but not the same. Neither of us have regretted having it done.

Luck of the draw no doubt..  :lol:

I didn't realise you were having such a good sex life with your wife. I must have got that badly wrong. But I'm happy for you that you are!
Anyway, I had it done over 30 years ago and it was a very minor operation, nothing to worry about at all. But, I was later divorced and the fact I'd had a vasectomy mattered a hell of a lot then! Many women just don't want a man who has had a vasectomy. He's sort of soiled goods, tarnished, inferior, imperfect, if you like.

Even though a woman may say she's not  too unhappy about there being no possibility of having any children with you she - (her mind and emotions) -  nevertheless don't like the fact that it's completely ruled out with you because you're not a complete and fully functioning man anymore. It can be a stigma.

So think about it carefully. If you ever take a notion to split from your wife and marry a nice young thing in her twenties you'll have severely dented your chances of getting her. But I'm not suggesting you'd ever want to do such a thing :)

In the end I had to get mine reversed. Fortunately it worked. It doesn't always. 

I had it done more years that I care to think about;  I can remember that we were at it like rabbits once given the go ahead as no worries about pregnancy.

I'm fairly sure that the procedure has been greatly improved since my day of cut and tie!  They make a small cut each side of your balls, pull out the tube and I think they now cut and cauterise it.

As previous posters have said, slightly sore balls for a few days, nothing worse

I am surprised how many guys in here have had it done.  Cos it isnt generally discussed in civvie life.  Must be more common than I thought.,

Well done you.

Hugs H x 

I too thought that was a genuine, caring attitude. :P

Apparently it makes your cum taste 'nicer' in as much as it can be described as that...

I had mine 10 years ago, I guess, swelled up like two black cricket balls and had to go and see a new, blonde, sexy voiced Nurse at the surgery. After a bit of fondling and examining she declared it bruising, but I had a hard job not getting a stiffy.

I didn't realise you were having such a good sex life with your wife. I must have got that badly wrong. But I'm happy for you that you are!

Anyway, I had it done over 30 years ago and it was a very minor operation, nothing to worry about at all. But, I was later divorced and the fact I'd had a vasectomy mattered a hell of a lot then! Many women just don't want a man who has had a vasectomy. He's sort of soiled goods, tarnished, inferior, imperfect, if you like.

Even though a woman may say she's not  too unhappy about there being no possibility of having any children with you she - (her mind and emotions) -  nevertheless don't like the fact that it's completely ruled out with you because you're not a complete and fully functioning man anymore. It can be a stigma.

So think about it carefully. If you ever take a notion to split from your wife and marry a nice young thing in her twenties you'll have severely dented your chances of getting her. But I'm not suggesting you'd ever want to do such a thing :)

In the end I had to get mine reversed. Fortunately it worked. It doesn't always. 

Interesting viewpoint. Obviously I had mine done while I was married but once divorced it was good for 'shagging around' to put it bluntly without the fear of getting someone pregnant. Never had anyone voice concerns that I'd had the op, quite the opposite in fact but there again I wasn't looking to get married or have any more kids. 

I had it done for my missus. She couldn't get on with the pill and the coil was painful for some reason. So, after a particularly difficult miscarriage, we decided to not have any more kids, and a vasectomy was the obvious choice.

I had pain after a week when the nerve endings in the scrotal sac were repairing themselves. The idea that it is painless is a big fat lie otherwise we wouldn't need anaesthetic, or feel tender for days after. 

I guess a lot depends on the age of lady you start courting with. I had my op at the age of 41, and was only interested in meeting ladies of a similar age. A pregnancy at that age might have been more complicated than when younger, and anyway I certainly had enough kids to be going on with.

I don't think that too many ladies of a similar age would take the view outlined by Alwayshoping.