Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Furyogaijin

Bangkok V Pattyhaha A G0-G0 Price Upd8

82 posts in this topic

1000 Thai baht = 22 squid

1 squid = 45 bahts

This is hurting. Not that long ago it was 70 bahts to 1 squid :(

Now that Uncle Tiggy is safely back in Blighty, I thought I might like to get a word in :P

Everything that needs to be said about Thailand has been said already but I know the occasional upd8 is always appreci8d by bros so here we a g0-g0. I am gonna limit my shite to a g0-g0 bars because I rarely do the bar beers or freelancers. I’m not a massage kinda dude and the pole smoke (BBBJ) joints scare the bejesus outta me, mainly cozza painful chlamydia experiences. When a dude is in town for a short time, I reckon it makes sense to go where the best girls r and pay the going r8 rather than waste time shopping 4 bargain seconds.

The advantage of Pattaya over Bangkok has always been the lower ST r8s but I regret to declare that this is no longer true. Barfines just about everywhere in PTY Walking Street area are now a standard 600 and ST 2000, same same as most a g0-g0 in Bangkok. If it is l8 at nite and u hit on an unpopular lady, she may come down to 1500 but I am usually too trashed by that stage. In Baccara Soi Cowboy BKK the girls ask minimum 2500 now ST.

Pattaya is cheaper however for eating out, hotels and drinking - most a g0-g0 have a draft beer special on mosta the nite which can be anything from about 35 to 80. Sapphire off Walking Street had pints of Tiger draft for 66 last nite and I got ratassed.

In BKK and to a lesser extent PTY, the a g0-g0 situation has become complic8d with the arrival of all these so-called coyote dancers. They tend to be younger, prettier and livelier than the g0-g0 gals and don’t wear numbers. The downside is that they are usually non-barfinable unless you pay a ridiculous amount of dosh to their mamasan. In fact, Electric Blue in Patpong have a system where you can take coyote out for 1500 barfine and 3000 ST, but you have to use the hotel across the way which is another 600. In PTY last nite, I went to a g0-g0 called Sugar in Soi Boycow (sorry can’t spell it proper) which had both a g0-g0 and coyote on stage at the same time but it seemed to me like the coyote were just the better-looking g0-g0 dancers and an excuse for the management to get more dosh outta punters.

So there you have it. Thailand is no longer the dream 4 freeloadin tite-ass cheepsk8 skinflints like myself it was once. A few years ago I could afford 2 pops in one nite. Now its 1 pop every 2 nites and with lady drinks now around 140 in both cities, I can’t even afford to grope noms and get my tongue down throats like I used to.

Enjoy :unsure:

1 squid = 45 bahts

Now that Uncle Tiggy is safely back in Blighty, I thought I might like to get a word in :P

Safely back but counting the days until my next visit, Furyo :P

Actually, I really enjoy your own reports because they help keep me up to date with the options that I used to weigh before (1) I found myself in a position to go to LOS for longer visits of up to four weeks, (2) I found that 'butterflying' had become a bit too mechanical for me, and actually was something of a strain on my reproductive plumbing over the long haul and, most importantly, (3) I found someone with whom the 'chemistry' clicked for me enough to be monogamous for the duration, which has led to other benefits that I won't belabour.

You don't mention current LT rates but do you have 'fix' on these, too?  I'm sure that there is a price range but was my guess that the average has now stabilised at about 4,000 correct?  Also, the new 'coyote dancers' vogue is of interest to me.  Are they there purely for decoration and LDs or, as you allude, just being held out for premium BF rates (which I assume would be for ST only).  If nothing else, these bars sound like a more appropriate type of venue for my TGF and me than the bog standard go-gos, strictly as spectators.

Keep up the good work and go easy on the booze - your 'morning after' analyses will be best edited with eyes that are not blood-shot! :D

Edited by Tiggy 7

I need a translation to English of the original post please :)

I'm with Corus Boy.  Not a fan of cryptic. 

All prices globally are on trajectory to converge:for just about everything, including this hobby. Further, savers--and saver nations--will become wealthier than their spender nation compatriots in the west and will severely dislocate western spending power in time. this is going to piss off most of the yobs accustomed to feeling special on hols in SE Asia.

That is, if they can manage social unrest at becoming wealthy, which invariably crowds out local employment eventually!

Japan is full of western prostitutes; starting to see it in rich eastern Chinese cities....and we know Thailand bringing in a lot of Russian girls. Just a matter of time before we start pressing their shirts, that's how deficits and imbalances work.

If I were Tiggy, I'd convert his plethora of pounds and dollars into THB now and get there more structurally with the Thai investors visa-price for that going up too.

If I were Tiggy, I'd convert his plethora of pounds and dollars into THB now and get there more structurally with the Thai investors visa-price for that going up too.

After my recent trip, I am due for some quantitative easing.  Limit me to once a week and I can retire a second time. :P

1 squid = 45 bahts

Everything that needs to be said about Thailand has been said already but I know the occasional upd8 is always appreci8d by bros so here we a g0-g0. I am gonna limit my shite to a g0-g0 bars because I rarely do the bar beers or freelancers. I’m not a massage kinda dude and the pole smoke (BBBJ) joints scare the bejesus outta me, mainly cozza painful chlamydia experiences. When a dude is in town for a short time, I reckon it makes sense to go where the best girls r and pay the going r8 rather than waste time shopping 4 bargain seconds.

The advantage of Pattaya over Bangkok has always been the lower ST r8s but I regret to declare that this is no longer true. Barfines just about everywhere in PTY Walking Street area are now a standard 600 and ST 2000, same same as most a g0-g0 in Bangkok. If it is l8 at nite and u hit on an unpopular lady, she may come down to 1500 but I am usually too trashed by that stage. In Baccara Soi Cowboy BKK the girls ask minimum 2500 now ST.

Pattaya is cheaper however for eating out, hotels and drinking - most a g0-g0 have a draft beer special on mosta the nite which can be anything from about 35 to 80. Sapphire off Walking Street had pints of Tiger draft for 66 last nite and I got ratassed.

In BKK and to a lesser extent PTY, the a g0-g0 situation has become complic8d with the arrival of all these so-called coyote dancers. They tend to be younger, prettier and livelier than the g0-g0 gals and don’t wear numbers. The downside is that they are usually non-barfinable unless you pay a ridiculous amount of dosh to their mamasan. In fact, Electric Blue in Patpong have a system where you can take coyote out for 1500 barfine and 3000 ST, but you have to use the hotel across the way which is another 600. In PTY last nite, I went to a g0-g0 called Sugar in Soi Boycow (sorry can’t spell it proper) which had both a g0-g0 and coyote on stage at the same time but it seemed to me like the coyote were just the better-looking g0-g0 dancers and an excuse for the management to get more dosh outta punters.

So there you have it. Thailand is no longer the dream 4 freeloadin tite-ass cheepsk8 skinflints like myself it was once. A few years ago I could afford 2 pops in one nite. Now its 1 pop every 2 nites and with lady drinks now around 140 in both cities, I can’t even afford to grope noms and get my tongue down throats like I used to.

Enjoy :unsure:

Are you in Pattaya right now ???  

Tiggy, thanks for the comments :D  I have never done an LT with a g0-g0 gal, but my guess is that it would be 4000 if they were willling to do one. I will do some research on that one tonite. The buddy I am with rite now says that a lot of the better looking dancers will not do LT since they can make enuf doing 2 or 3 ST a nite. Regarding coyote dancers, I dont think they have in Nana Plaza but there a lot in Patpong and Soi Cowboy. They are also adept at getting unsuspecting customers to buy them drinks and the lady drink checkbean can soon mount up if you are not careful. But they know how to dance as opposed to shuffle

Jojo - am in Pattayhaha rite now but returning to Bangkok 2moro then off to Hua Hin for some rest for the weekend. Unlikely that I will find a girl in a bar there so always a good way to save dosh and do some time on the beach.

For those who don't dig my writing style - I could write in Japanese if you prefer 理解できますか :P  If you can understand Aussiecross' analysis of global economic trends, then you should be able to understand almost anything :D  ;)

I actually took a girl LT from a a bar beer 2 nites ago, unusual for me since as I mentioned I almost never even bother with those places. I was on my way back to Beach Road area from an excellent napoli-style pizza in Naklau (Pizza Big, highly recomended) when I passed a strip of bar beers and spotted a very attractive girl. I had to ask her if she was actually working there because she looked outta place among her older and hardened veteran colleagues. Barfine was 500, ST only 1000 but had to wait till 10PM b4 she was allowed to leave. She was very sweet and when I offered her an additional 500 for LT she agreed. So total of 2000 for 2 shots as opposed to 2100 for one shot at a g0-g0.

The barfine at Superbaby and Supergirl is 700 if the girl is classified as a "showgirl", and my guess is that this is the same in other bars in PTY. A lot of bars do shows now which frankly bore the shite out of me and are often not very well rehearsed (Angelwitch is an exception, have in BKK and also in PTY).

One general comment about PTY which would have been impossible to make a few years ago is that is has become semi-respectable with all the Russian and Chinese family tourists, and to a lesser extent Indians and Turkish. You can now say you were in PTY without people automatically assuming you are a scuzzy ho-monger :huh:

Another comment I have heard on the BKK v PTY comparison is that the girls in PTY are slitely less mercenary and also far more prepared to a g0-g0 with shall we say gentlemen of advanced years in declining health. Even in the Super-bars just mentioned whose clientele is 80% Japanese, the girls will not discrimin8 against other nationalities as some will do in the Rainbow bars in BKK.

Comparing BKK and PTY is interesting but there is no reason that a dude can't visit both places on a one week trip.

Enjoy :ph34r:

wait till bkk and pattaya girls start charging 150 an hour like their London sisters, whats that 6750bhat ST? it will happen one day probably not that far away, worst bit will be it wont be worth their while coming to London.

Mind you LT is a bargain in pattaya/BKK if you think £150 is ST and £1000 is LT in UK, but I'd only do LT in LOS not London.

Edited by blueruin

I actually took a girl LT from a a bar beer 2 nites ago, unusual for me since as I mentioned I almost never even bother with those places. I was on my way back to Beach Road area from an excellent napoli-style pizza in Naklau (Pizza Big, highly recomended) when I passed a strip of bar beers and spotted a very attractive girl. I had to ask her if she was actually working there because she looked outta place among her older and hardened veteran colleagues. Barfine was 500, ST only 1000 but had to wait till 10PM b4 she was allowed to leave. She was very sweet and when I offered her an additional 500 for LT she agreed. So total of 2000 for 2 shots as opposed to 2100 for one shot at a g0-g0.

The barfine at Superbaby and Supergirl is 700 if the girl is classified as a "showgirl", and my guess is that this is the same in other bars in PTY. A lot of bars do shows now which frankly bore the shite out of me and are often not very well rehearsed (Angelwitch is an exception, have in BKK and also in PTY).

One general comment about PTY which would have been impossible to make a few years ago is that is has become semi-respectable with all the Russian and Chinese family tourists, and to a lesser extent Indians and Turkish. You can now say you were in PTY without people automatically assuming you are a scuzzy ho-monger :huh:

Another comment I have heard on the BKK v PTY comparison is that the girls in PTY are slitely less mercenary and also far more prepared to a g0-g0 with shall we say gentlemen of advanced years in declining health. Even in the Super-bars just mentioned whose clientele is 80% Japanese, the girls will not discrimin8 against other nationalities as some will do in the Rainbow bars in BKK.

Comparing BKK and PTY is interesting but there is no reason that a dude can't visit both places on a one week trip.

Enjoy :ph34r:

wait till bkk and pattaya girls start charging 150 an hour like their London sisters, whats that 6750 bhat ST? it will happen one day probably not that far away, worst bit will be it wont be worth their while coming to London.

Mind you LT is a bargain in pattaya/BKK if you think £150 is ST and £1000 is LT in UK, but I'd only do LT in LOS not London.

Given today's exchange rate, 'Thailand, My Way' keeps looking better and better.  ;)

1.00 GBP = 45.56 THB

I was over there for five weeks last October and November, yes to some extent the rates the girls ask has gone up, and more Pattaya girls only want ST now, as they want to earn more, the coyote dancers is a scam, they work for agencies, the bars hire the girls by the night, they are there just to sell drinks, dance on stage, and try and find a big sugar daddy, I met a few coyote girls, one was in Queens club in soi LK Metro, she was beautiful with model looks, not a Isaan type, but the Thai light skinned type the Thais prefer, nice girl, was fun, I bought her a couple of drinks, she was working the clubs at night, and working in a Car dealership daytime.

Some of the showgirls won't go LT unless they know you, most want ST, but you can still get decent bargirls from bar beers and gogo's, that will go LT, took a few from bars for about 1500-2000 bht LT. Many girls will ask you for 3-4k but this is because so many first time clueless fools have been coming to Patts recently that the girl will try it on, but if you show that you know the score then most will be happy to go, only the few stunners who might hold out for a better price.

Yes lots of Russian and Chinese tourists in town, the resort is the Russian version of Benidorm, Walking Street can be annoying trying to squeeze past all the gawking tourists, the street is more high priced show type now, I preferred LK Metro area for bars.

This from another thread:

"Penny" who miraculously appears simultaneously in London and Bangkok, could be to punters as the Big Mac is to economists:

http://www.aromabangkok.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=63

1 "Penny" in London costs £200/ 1hour

1 "Penny" in Bangkok costs £108/ 3hours (5,000 BHT)

My guess is she worked in BKK, and now was lucky to get a Visa for UK, not sure why she's 50 quid more than most Thai girls, or it's just fake B&S.

Fury if you're more into gogo's visit some more in LK Metro, Sugar Sugar the one you were in the other night is good, it's on the corner of soi bukaow and soi LK metro, if you haven't already check out Showgirls, Queens, the Office and the other clubs down there.

Jerboa - Thanx for the tips. I didnt know there were any a g0-g0s there :)

Tiggy - The LT r8 in both PTY and BKK appears to be 3000, not 4000, if you can get a girl to agree to one

I had a coyote experience at Cowboy 2 Bangkok last nite. The girls had 2 types of "uniform" on. I bought a cola for a beautiful long legged maiden on her 1st nite - 200 baht. I never knew she was coyote until I asked if I could pay bar but she gave me her phone number. This coming Monday is a Buddhist holiday so g0-g0 bars will be closed.

Last nite I barfined a tall Isaan beauty from Mercury, Nana Plaza (600 + 2000 ST) and asked if she would like to go disco after boom-boom. She was kinda reluctant and said just one drink but when we got to Climax in Soi 11, Ambassador Hotel car park, the place was really rocking and gr8 live band playing covers. She called her friend who arrived with a German female customer and we were there till after 3 AM. Drinks expensive - 250 entrance gets you one, about the cost of a cocktail. Beers 180, girl got special of 2 x San Miguel lite on entrance. Had 4 x Mai Tai cocktails, powerful stuff. My guess is that they put a lot of red bull in and who knows what else. Most guys were there with their take-aways but there was also a number of attractive WGs too. No idea how much they would a g0-g0 for. The Nana Hotel disco is shite these days. The other well-known place Insomnia won't let girls in if under 20

Another gr8 place to bring a girl in case you never heard of it is Tawandang German Beerhouse in Rama 3, about 10 minutes from Asoke by taxi. German style beers are only 130 for 0.5 liter glass and the food is excellent and not overpriced. There is live entertainment all night and the house Thai jazz/classical band is led by a charismatic and excellent German pianist. Reservations recommended even on the nite itself if you want a table near the stage  tel (662) 678-1119

Off to Hua HIn l8r 2day by train. The tite-ass option is minibus from Victory Monument but the drivers are maniacs and take unnecessary risks. Minibus takes 2.5 hours, train over 4 but I hope to arrive alive. If n e thing goes down in Hua HIn it will be a miracle, don't expect to hear from me again for a few days :wacko:

Jerboa - Thanx for the tips. I didnt know there were any a g0-g0s there :)

Tiggy - The LT r8 in both PTY and BKK appears to be 3000, not 4000, if you can get a girl to agree to one

I never paid 3k LT last trip In either Bkk or Patts, just because the girls will quote you that don't make It written in stone.

Please could someone tell me what  the 'prices' are during songkran?

Thank you.

Edited by orientallover

Please could someone tell me what  the 'prices' are during songkran?

Thank you.

For laundry and dry cleaning or for sex?  A hansum young man shouldn't have to pay any more during the holiday season than at other times but he may find that many of the p4p lovelies have gone home to celebrate the new year with their families. ;)

For laundry and dry cleaning or for sex?  A hansum young man shouldn't have to pay any more during the holiday season than at other times but he may find that many of the p4p lovelies have gone home to celebrate the new year with their families. ;)

Thanks Tiggy! Unfortunately I don't think I'm that handsome. ;). I need to decide soon what I want to do, Easter/summer holidays is the only period I can go, summer would be convenient, but the weather'll probably be bad then. I hope to limit spending to max 3500 EU. (16 days)

I never paid 3k LT last trip In either Bkk or Patts, just because the girls will quote you that don't make It written in stone.

Always negotiate but be prepared to watch the object of your desire walk off into the sunset with a Nip if you get it wrong.  VFM involves a very subjective and personal judgment and, once you have made that judgment, YMMV from the next guy's.  In any case, never pay more than you can afford and are prepared to 'waste' if things don't go as you had planned. :)

Thanks Tiggy! Unfortunately I don't think I'm that handsome. ;). I need to decide soon what I want to do, Easter/summer holidays is the only period I can go, summer would be convenient, but the weather'll probably be bad then. I hope to limit spending to max 3500 EU. (16 days)

It's just as hot during the rainy season (summer) as it is in the hot season (spring).  You just have to duck in out of the rain during the former, but you can always see the storm approaching and should have plenty of time to avoid getting drenched.  In any case, you will quickly learn how to avoid the worst of the heat - beach umbrellas, a dip in the surf, an air-con hotel room, an air-con massage parlour, or - more expensively, if you are accompanied by a local maiden - an air-con shopping mall.  As for €3,500, that depends upon how long you plan to stay there and how much you plan to pay for hotels, etc.  If you have that much to pay for sex, you can have your own harem.

Edited by Tiggy 7

Where do you plan visiting, BKK, Pattaya or another place? Songkran can be a lot of fun, and everyone should experience it, but be prepared to get very wet, in Pattaya the water fights can go on for a whole week! Some try to avoid songkran altogether.

As for your budget, depends on how much you want to spend, on my last trip of 35 days I spent about the same amount, £3000 on hotels, entertainment and bargirls, some days I spent more than others, but it all evened out.

If you're going to spend on high priced hotels a lot of your budget will be used, I was happy paying 600b to 1000b for a nice and clean hotel room, and obviously if you're a heavy drinker, and frequent some of the expensive gogo bars and start buying lots of lady drinks then you will have a larger budget.

Always negotiate but be prepared to watch the object of your desire walk off into the sunset with a Nip if you get it wrong. VFM involves a very subjective and personal judgment and, once you have made that judgment, YMMV from the next guy's. In any case, never pay more than you can afford and are prepared to 'waste' if things don't go as you had planned. :)

The great thing especially in Patts is that you really don't have to think with your dick, because there are so many decent choices, I had a few top end girls who quoted me 3k etc, but I really had no reason to pay that, if I'd spent more time in their bars I could of come to an arrangement for sure, but no regrets, as I found girls that were just as hot.

Edited by jerboa

Where do you plan visiting, BKK, Pattaya or another place? Songkran can be a lot of fun, and everyone should experience it, but be prepared to get very wet, in Pattaya the water fights can go on for a whole week! Some try to avoid songkran altogether.

As for your budget, depends on how much you want to spend, on my last trip of 35 days I spent about the same amount, £3000 on hotels, entertainment and bargirls, some days I spent more than others, but it all evened out.

If you're going to spend on high priced hotels a lot of your budget will be used, I was happy paying 600b to 1000b for a nice and clean hotel room, and obviously if you're a heavy drinker, and frequent some of the expensive gogo bars and start buying lots of lady drinks then you will have a larger budget.

The great thing especially in Patts is that you really don't have to think with your dick, because there are so many decent choices, I had a few top end girls who quoted me 3k etc, but I really had no reason to pay that, if I'd spent more time in their bars I could of come to an arrangement for sure, but no regrets, as I found girls that were just as hot.

'I'll have what he's having!'  :P

I'm not such a heavy drinker :). I hope to combine BKK-Pattaya.

Unfortunately, because I'm a student (financial reasons), I'll need to limit my punting in Europe :(

I'm not such a heavy drinker :). I hope to combine BKK-Pattaya.

Unfortunately, because I'm a student (financial reasons), I'll need to limit my punting in Europe :(

So 16 days both BKK and Pattaya, €3,500 should be plenty, you will probably come home with some of it, have you been before or first time?