Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourSlave

Survey For Sex Workers And Service Providers

5 posts in this topic

This was posted on bumsnet, but I think it would get a better response from here:

Dear folks - I have been asked to share info about this scoping by a colleague.

I am currently undertaking some research for the Adult Support and Protection Liaison Group through the Women's Support Project on the needs of women specifically involved in indoor prostitution in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board area.

I am hoping to identify some of the gaps in current services to help develop a better support system for women. We are particularly interested in finding out the range of vulnerabilities and risks that women may have or experience in indoor prostitution and to get a better sense of what services are currently engaging with the women.

I have created two surveys, one for service providers -
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GYRH696

and one for women involved in off-street prostitution.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G2W3W9T

Would it be possible for you to pass this survey onto relevant members of staff, relevant partnerships / forums and networks in the Greater Glasgow area. I apologise in advance for any cross posting or duplication but we want to ensure that as many stakeholders as possible are aware of the survey and are given a chance to take part.

I would also appreciate it if you could pass the information on the survey onto women who use your service who may or may not have been involved in prostitution themselves or may know of other women who have.

Please feel free to contact me or Linda Thompson at WSP if you have any questions (lindawsproject@btconnect.com 0141 4180748)

Many thanks,
Hannah Brown

Bugger i thought from the title we were playing Family Fortunes!!!

So once again someone is only interested in the stereotypical "prostitute", the streetwalker. Its becoming clearer and clearer to me latley that so some ignorant members of civvie street that streetwalkers are the only form of prostitution and that the majority who dont walk the streets are just "not proper sex workers" therefore our opinions are not warrented as the name of the second survey shows. I clicked on the link for the first one as I dont offer street services but oh no, its for organisations. Clearly to many we simply dont exist

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Well to be honest. If someone is making money out of promoting the abolishment of the sex industry they are on the gravy train as much as anyone else. Sneaky way to make some pennys