Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pollyp23

Reading Reviews On Various Sites: Look At The Bad Examples

11 posts in this topic

On my last Punt, the Lady told me that she prefers reading the not recommended reports as they showed her where others were going wrong.

I suppose that there is some sense in this!

I only read the bad ones unless I see a woman who I know pop up! 

I suppose the bad ones make me feel smug and the good ones inadequate! 

I have to admit that I do often read the negative ones more than the good ones. The reason though is because when someone is stressed out writing a bad review the subsequent review can be a very funny read, just because of the little comments they throw in. Not saying I find the situation the guy ended up in was funny, just sometimes the way they explain it.

Not saying I find the situation the guy ended up in was funny, just sometimes the way they explain it.

One of the few spots where English vocabulary is lacking - contrast German "komisch" with "amusant"!

On my last Punt, the Lady told me that she prefers reading the not recommended reports as they showed her where others were going wrong.

I suppose that there is some sense in this!

Good business practice. The negs will always tell you how NOT to do something, and if they are YOUR negs, it should give you a deserved wake-up call.

Its the first thing read when the new field reports come in.

Hand on heart..

In all the years I've worked I haven't read anybody's FR's but my own.  None of my business what other women are doing, as long as I'm doing my own job properly in a respectful manner towards others and they are me, then why would I be interested in what they do?  If I was doing something wrong it would reflect in my own FR's surely. 

Hand on heart..

In all the years I've worked I haven't read anybody's FR's but my own.  None of my business what other women are doing, as long as I'm doing my own job properly in a respectful manner towards others and they are me, then why would I be interested in what they do?  If I was doing something wrong it would reflect in my own FR's surely. 

Yes this is true but I do think its a very good idea for girls just setting out in this industry to read reviews good and bad even if only in their area. It would help them understand the level of service expected from them thus possibly break a few myths in their heads, ensure they are aware that there are standards you should keep to and it might even cut down on some poor guys wasting their money. Lets face it, some sps give a shit service, It wouldnt surprise me if half of them didnt realise they were giving a shit service and may actually appreciate a heads up to the review system by someone in their early days, it could reap massive rewards in the long run if a girl read and thought "oh fuck, better sort my act out" in that she could solidify herself as an sp who is good, not one that isn't.  

Saying that though, someone would probably have to care enough to point her in the reviews direction, rather than just get huffy he had a boring time and come and slate her on the forums instead, less effort to tell the girl.

Actually the bad fr have helped me decide to walk away from more potentiallly crap punts than I would have done previously. The experience of others has highlighted some tell tale signs. In the majority of cases it was accurate enough to make the decision to quit. I may well have missed the odd gem, but overall I consider that I save on costs and disspointment more often than missing out.

. Lets face it, some sps give a shit service, It wouldnt surprise me if half of them didnt realise they were giving a shit service .................. someone would probably have to care enough to point her in the reviews direction, rather than just get huffy he had a boring time and come and slate her on the forums instead, less effort to tell the girl.

You make two very good points there Chloe. In a lot of service industries there are people who honestly don't realise that the level of service they offer is below what is expected. Particularly applicable to anyone who works solo.

I have to admit that I do often read the negative ones more than the good ones. The reason though is because when someone is stressed out writing a bad review the subsequent review can be a very funny read, just because of the little comments they throw in. Not saying I find the situation the guy ended up in was funny, just sometimes the way they explain it.
 Pretty much this.Some of the people who have written the bad reviews have a way with words to say the least and i've some across some great turns of phrase.Also,if i see a bad fr but the same person has a few good i like to compare just out of sheer noseyness really