Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hans89

Every working girl in Soho is "Italian"

24 posts in this topic

I frequent Soho RLD. The last 10 girls or so that I have been with have said they are Italian when I asked them. The thing is I know that they are mostly Russian, Romanian, Hungarian etc. Has anyone else experienced this? Why do you think this is?

I frequent Soho RLD. The last 10 girls or so that I have been with have said they are Italian when I asked them. The thing is I know that they are mostly Russian, Romanian, Hungarian etc. Has anyone else experienced this? Why do you think this is?

Why ask them then:confused:

Up your Viva

Yeah it's funny. Last parlour girl I went with said she was Swedish in a thick Eastern European accent, well half Russian half Swedish she went on to say.

Anyone want to speculate on the reason for that? Maybe punters are turned off the non-EU girls because the thought in the back of their mind that they might be trafficked.

I try and stick to British women wherever possible. Mainly because you can have a better conversation and I find the Eastern European women a bit cold in general.

You'll also find that many 'Italian' waiters in London Italian restaurants are actually Croation, Latvian, Estonian etc.

Yeah it's funny. Last parlour girl I went with said she was Swedish in a thick Eastern European accent, well half Russian half Swedish she went on to say.

Anyone want to speculate on the reason for that? Maybe punters are turned off the non-EU girls because the thought in the back of their mind that they might be trafficked.

I try and stick to British women wherever possible. Mainly because you can have a better conversation and I find the Eastern European women a bit cold in general.

I had a girl in Soho who said the exact same thing a few years ago. I know a little Swedish and asked her where in Sweden she was from.....couldn't understand a word I was saying :-) even though I know my accent is pretty good. I also speak Russian and funnily enough she did understand that, and also there was a Russian language newspaper in the maid's room where you wait (the maid was English). Eventually said she was Swedish by virtue of the fact one parent was from there.

Also had a girl who claimed to be French so I tried out some of the GCSE French I could remember and she replied (in English) that she preferred to speak in English :) but with no hint she'd understood what I'd said ;)

They lie. They think French/Italian/Swedish sounds sexier than Russian or Romanian

I had a girl in Soho who said the exact same thing a few years ago. I know a little Swedish and asked her where in Sweden she was from.....couldn't understand a word I was saying :-) even though I know my accent is pretty good. I also speak Russian and funnily enough she did understand that, and also there was a Russian language newspaper in the maid's room where you wait (the maid was English). Eventually said she was Swedish by virtue of the fact one parent was from there.

Also had a girl who claimed to be French so I tried out some of the GCSE French I could remember and she replied (in English) that she preferred to speak in English :Dbut with no hint she'd understood what I'd said ;)

They lie. They think French/Italian/Swedish sounds sexier than Russian or Romanian

Maybe you need to work on your communication skills.

Sometimes when people are boring its easier to pretend you can not understand them so they shut up, not that I am suggesting your boring, but you just sound a right know all.:)

you just sound a right know all

Better a know-all than a know-nothing ;)

Probably illegal immigrants from places like Albania. So they say they are Italian to cover it up. There are very few real Italian WGs, if any, in the UK.

Maybe you need to work on your communication skills.

Sometimes when people are boring its easier to pretend you can not understand them so they shut up, not that I am suggesting your boring, but you just sound a right know all.;)

I should mention both girls had strong EE accents, and spoke perfectly good English. I knew before I even spoke any Swedish/French that they were lying. Maybe I am a know all, I do pride myself on being intelligent and knowledgeable about a lot of things. But they were happy to talk in English, just not in their "mother" tongue. So I'd say THEIR problem wasn't me being boring, but them not understanding me when I spoke in Swedish or French.

However if you, personally, have a different take on me then let's hear it.

If girl claim to be Italian- she most likely to be Albanian or Romanian (sometimes Bulgarian). Albanians and Romanians usually can speak Italian or Greek fluently anyway, albeit with accent, so only proper resident of Italy would recognise it.

If she claim to be Finnish-she most likely to be Estonian, as they usually learn Finnish in school plus the TV, radio programs constantly broadcasting, and its only across the strip of the water from them.

Also: if she claim to be Finnish-she most likely to be Estonian, (see above) or more so Hungarian (Hungarian and Finnish language are very similar)

If she claim to be Latvian/Lithuanian/ Estonian- some of them might be! However most likely she will be Russian in origin, just was born and living there. Majority of population of the Ex USSR Baltic countries are Russians. Also Russians girls generally more attractive then bona fide Lat/Lit/Est, which are not really slavs and have more of the anglo-sax features.

Don't know how anybody from Russian can claim to be Swedish, Danes, Norwegians, unless they lived in those countries for number of years and can speak fluently.

They are not lying: they just test you if you going to fell for it. ;)

I should mention both girls had strong EE accents, and spoke perfectly good English. I knew before I even spoke any Swedish/French that they were lying. Maybe I am a know all, I do pride myself on being intelligent and knowledgeable about a lot of things. But they were happy to talk in English, just not in their "mother" tongue. So I'd say THEIR problem wasn't me being boring, but them not understanding me when I spoke in Swedish or French.

However if you, personally, have a different take on me then let's hear it.

Yes I guessed you would.

I already gave you my take, this merely confirms my thoughts.

Up your viva:D

Yes I guessed you would.

I already gave you my take, this merely confirms my thoughts.

well when someone talks happily in English and looks blankly at you when you ask a simple question in Swedish and has a Russian language newspaper close by I don't think I'm being presumptious to say that she's unable to understand Swedish but IS able to understand English and Russian.

Better a know-all than a know-nothing ;)

Good company would adopt a bit of both.

A know-nothing would not know that

and a know-all would not want to so better me all you want.

Yes they all change their nationallity more than their knickers lol,

Before the Eastern Euro countries joined the EU, most girls seemed to claim to be Italian or Spanish, even now Romanians prefer to be Italian.

I agree about the so called Swedish girls, most East euros.

I know of one Czech lady who still on her profile Is Danish. ;)

well when someone talks happily in English and looks blankly at you when you ask a simple question in Swedish and has a Russian language newspaper close by I don't think I'm being presumptious to say that she's unable to understand Swedish but IS able to understand English and Russian.

Ah yes Clouseau, it would appear you have an eye for detection. You say the paper was Russian. Then that is all the proof you need to solve this case.

It would be far to silly to imagine it was not her purchase or reading matter.

Up your viva

Good company would adopt a bit of both.

A know-nothing would not know that and a know-all would not want to

So you want the worst of all worlds then? ;)

So you want the worst of all worlds then? ;)

I did not call you that.

Ah yes Clouseau, it would appear you have an eye for detection. You say the paper was Russian. Then that is all the proof you need to solve this case.

Up your viva

Well as he speaks Swedish he was just being a clever dick, nothing wrong with that lol. ;)

Up your viva

she friggin admitted it after I pulled her up that she didn't understand Swedish and spoke with an EE accent. Or did you not read that part of my original explanation.

Agree there - Kosovan or from old Yugoslavian countries!

she friggin admitted it after I pulled her up that she didn't understand Swedish and spoke with an EE accent. Or did you not read that part of my original explanation.

No it was boring :confused::D

Up your viva