Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedarkknightrises

Editing Your Posts.

6 posts in this topic

A question .... Why can you edit your posts on some topics & cannot on others ??.... does the person who starts the topic have a choice if other posters can edit or not?

A question .... Why can you edit your posts on some topics & cannot on others ??.... does the person who starts the topic have a choice if other posters can edit or not?

As far as I can see, you get a 5 minute window in which to edit your posts and after that the chance disappears.

I think you can only edit one post a certain number of times also. I kept rewriting a little post once as it just never sounded how I wanted it too and i think it was the 4th attempt it said I didnt have permission x

I think you can only edit one post a certain number of times also. I kept rewriting a little post once as it just never sounded how I wanted it too and i think it was the 4th attempt it said I didnt have permission x

Your 4th attempt may just have been timed out though. I've edited a post several times before now and although not counting think it was above 4.

It's a shame we can't edit old posts but an edited post can swing a whole thread off topic and create havoc.

DG

You can actually sign out and still get back in to edit a post, so long as you are quite quick. I just posted an absolute load of bollocks, and didn't realise it till I had logged out. Got back in and managed to post some sense (?) I hope. I was only off the site for about 3 minutes. hope this helps.

You can actually sign out and still get back in to edit a post, so long as you are quite quick. I just posted an absolute load of bollocks, and didn't realise it till I had logged out. Got back in and managed to post some sense (?) I hope. I was only off the site for about 3 minutes. hope this helps.

With constant presence and the number of posts you make, I am surprised you managed to be off-site for as along as 3 minutes!!!